1251 users online (282 members and 969 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

KS - Rachel Pratt, 15, Garden City, 16 Jan 1995

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,583557,00.html

21 Jan 10

Garden City police say they continue to work on the case of a 15-year-old girl who disappeared in 1995.

Rachel Pratt was last seen watching a movie inside her family's Garden City home about 1 a.m. Jan. 16, 1995. She was several months pregnant when she disappeared.

Police Capt. Mike Utz says the department hasn't had a reported sighting of Pratt for several years. But he says investigators remain hopeful that she may still be alive.

Pratt's mother, Jan Ramirez, says she still prays for her daughter and still misses her. She continues to hope that Rachel is still alive and will someday contact her family.

no pic at link
    "Don't forget the kangaroo!"

Rachel Pratt 15

This girl was a very close friend of my cousin. I have asked for more information on the case as I do not personally know all of the details.

. https://www.facebook.com/groups/4294...4727/?refid=17

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...t=rachel+pratt

There is a thread for Rachel at the above link.
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1317dfks.html

Rachel Geraldine Pratt
    Missing since January 16, 1995 from Garden City, Finney County, Kansas.
    Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: May 8, 1979
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 15 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7" (170 cm); 125 lbs (57 kg)
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
    Dentals: Available
    Other: She was four to five months pregnant at the time of disappearance.
    Circumstances of Disappearance
    Pratt was last seen on January 15, 1995, in Garden City, Kansas.
    Pratt disappeared at a time when her 18-year-old boyfriend was being prosecuted for having unlawful sexual relations with her when she was a minor. Because she vanished, there was no witness against him and charges were dropped.
    Pratt hasn't tried to get another birth certificate, a driver's license or Social Security card. There is no record Pratt ever delivered a child.

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Garden City Police Department
    Missing Persons Unit
    620-276-1300

Agency Case Number: 950160040

NCMEC #: NCMC799278

NCIC Number: M-799958069
    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
    National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
    CA DOJ
    The Garden City Telegram
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

They seem to be treating this as a runaway. Why??? The pregnancy was not a secret by the time she disappeared...bf was alleged father of baby she did not run away with him...she has never gotten a F
    DL, birth certificate or SS card. No record or evidence that she ever gave birth to a baby. Almost 18 years and she has not surfaced nor has there been any new evidence in the case?

Maybe she dropped the baby off at a church after she had it. Are they required to report that if someone does.

I'm so surprised that this case has so little information and seemingly little public interest. It doesn't seem like the typical runaway case to me at all. If Rachel were to runaway, wouldn't she go with her boyfriend? Wouldn't that be the only motivation for her to voluntarily leave? Considering she was to testify against him in court?

On her Charley Project page it states that she was allegedly seen five days after her disappearance with her boyfriend, by a group of girls who claim to have spoken to her.
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pratt_rachel.html

In 2001 Sarah Kinslow vanished after being dropped off at school. Thirteen years have passed...where is she?

I'm concerned that LE spent too much time focusing on this as a runaway case that they let any potential suspects slip quickly through their grasp.

In 2001 Sarah Kinslow vanished after being dropped off at school. Thirteen years have passed...where is she?

I'd like to know what happened to her boyfriend/ father of her unborn baby in the many years since her disappearance. Has he every really been investigated by LE, as a potential suspect in Rachel vanishing? It's possible he spent a few days with her after she first disappeared (a few people saw them, I tend to think this could be true and it was them) and then harmed her sometime after.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnoliaMountain View Post
    I'd like to know what happened to her boyfriend/ father of her unborn baby in the many years since her disappearance. Has he every really been investigated by LE, as a potential suspect in Rachel vanishing? It's possible he spent a few days with her after she first disappeared (a few people saw them, I tend to think this could be true and it was them) and then harmed her sometime after.
    We should look for news sources to see if he was ever named as a POI.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

JMO. It seems to me this boyfriend or a close relative or friend murdered her and disposed of the remains in some place where they would be incredibly hard to find. And to the BF's benefit no criminal charges, no child support. A good old-fashioned interrogation may help more than anything, especially if they bring the BF in with absolutely no warning. No news articles about cold cases, etc. JIM.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

54cc4935cc4fd.image.jpg
    Police still looking for missing GC woman after 20 years
    http://www.gctelegram.com/news/local...39b75b3a5.html
    Twenty years have gone by since the disappearance of 15-year-old Garden City girl Rachel Pratt, but for her mother, Jan Ramirez, the pain is still raw. She still holds onto the hope in her heart that her daughter will come home one day. Pratt disappeared Jan. 16, 1995. The case turned 20 years old this month.

“When it first happened, we thought it was a temporary thing,” Ramirez said. “We thought it would never go on year after year after year.”

The police department still calls her often. They give her a call once a year to tell her they are still following up on leads.

From article posted above:
    “We don’t know if she’s alive. We suspect foul play, but there’s nothing definitive to show what happened to her,” he said. “We have talked to the boyfriend on occasion. We cannot rule him out, but we cannot say he is involved because we are still trying to find out if she left on her own accord.”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast