Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: VA-Aveion M. Lewis, 2, Roanoke MSG 14 Jan 10 #2

Brought my post over from the Astro thread (thought I was in this thread).

Oh no...Please HANG the POS. I just cannot get over how "people" can hurt innocent children.

I am glad, though, that he has been found. Now he can be laid to rest as the beautiful child he is, instead of in a dump.

ETA: A special prayer and blessing to those who searched and found Aveion.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to PMLsmom For This Useful Post:

Unhappy So many hearts broken today.

Another little angel in heaven too soon, RIP little Aveion. We are supposed to protect our children with everything thing we have, not hurt or kill them and put them in the trash. Rot in he11 monsters, may you suffer every imaginable pain, ailment and torture for the rest of you rotten lives.
    Justice failed Caylee Marie!!

Please bring Haleigh home!

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Turtles For This Useful Post:

Angry

RIP little Aveion. You didn't deserve this...

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to badhorsie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    I said that prayer today too beach. I said, Aveion, it is time you give yourself a birthday present. Lead the searchers to you, there is no reason today isn't the day. I felt the utmost confidence and peace when I said it too, not like I was asking, just like saying it is so. God's honest truth, that was my prayer about 1:30-2pm EST.

I'm still kind of numb. I usually don't cry when my son is up, so prolly later after he is asleep. I am however emotionally exhausted now.

RIP Aveion. I'm sad but my heart is soo happy you were found. It's strange. I feel like I want to hug Aveion and swing him around like when you are proud of them. Feels strange.....

a few tears. deep sigh.......
    I know what you mean, Cubby, my heart is breaking but I'm relieved a little. Does that sound strange? I'm relieved that he has been found and not decomposing for months, or worse, which I won't even speak of, but now we can begin to heal a little bit and concentrate on justice. I am only one person but as long as I have breath in me I will not let Aveion's memory die. I'm going to plant a little memorial garden in my yard to honor him since I can't plant one in Roanoke in his memory.

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to beachlvr0810 For This Useful Post:

Now that Aveions body has been found, I would think this would mean grounds for immediate termination of parental rights for Morgans 3 living children and would allow the state to immediately take custody of the baby she is rumored to be pregnant with once the child is born. (as well as Brandon, but thats a given, imo).

NO MORE CHANCES FOR MORGAN LOCKETT.

I'm also thinking, since Aveion was placed in Foster care rather than with a capable member of Morgans family, CPS found them 'unsuitable' for some reason. I would think, the two children which were fathered by Brandon would be placed in Foster care and then placed for adoption, while the 4 year old would possibly go to her biological father. (Her name was released in one of the media articles, but for the sake of the child I will not use it or her initials here.)

Initially, I thought the male Wards, that are uncles of Aveion, were Morgans brothers, but I see they are brothers inlaw, so obviously not being blood relatives and only related through marriage. They would have had little if any input while Aveion was in foster care. Morgan is CW's sister, the wife.......

My apologies if the timing is harsh, but the children come first.......
    Well, those are all things that one would hope would happen after all the failures thus far, but I am so mad I can barely type to say that not only will that not happen, the Judge TODAY dismissed the protective order filed by the CPS worker to keep mom from having contact with the other kids. Seems he felt it was unfair to trample mom's right to the presumption of innocence. Apparently, one fatality is not enough for him.

On a (twistedly) positive side, there was evidence recovered with the body to prove that Aveion's death was definitively a homicide. The only prayer the other children have is that the evidence implicates ML and she is charged as well.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to snoelle1 For This Useful Post:

just logged on... how sad that Morgan Harrington and Aveion met such a horrible fate... at least their families can have some closure... RIP angels

kudos VA-LE, 2 found in less than 2 days... I know I couldn't handle being in your shoes
    currently afflicted with the worst case of 'pregnancy brain' that I've ever had! Be back to normal in approximately 7 months.

12. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to cc81 For This Useful Post:

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Rest in peace sweet baby boy!

Jesus said let the children come to Me...I find comfort thinking of him in the arms of Jesus, filled with peace and happiness, looking up and smiling.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    RIP, sweet Aveion.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hopeful One For This Useful Post:

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Quote Originally Posted by snoelle1 View Post
    Well, those are all things that one would hope would happen after all the failures thus far, but I am so mad I can barely type to say that not only will that not happen, the Judge TODAY dismissed the protective order filed by the CPS worker to keep mom from having contact with the other kids. Seems he felt it was unfair to trample mom's right to the presumption of innocence. Apparently, one fatality is not enough for him.

On a (twistedly) positive side, there was evidence recovered with the body to prove that Aveion's death was definitively a homicide. The only prayer the other children have is that the evidence implicates ML and she is charged as well.

You have got to be kidding me!
    Why doesn't the judge just let Brandon walk out of jail then too?

Well then, all we can do is PRAY that the oldest childs bio father fights like HELL to get custody of his daughter. I can not see a judge, unless it's the same judge, not granting him custody.

Um, let's see, this child was 8 friggin pounds at 15 months. What innocence is this judge talking about?

I think I am just gonna cry. Basically what this judge is saying and doing then is letting Aveions death be in vain!

OMG LE needs to charge Morgan and charge her soon!

I can't say anymore or I will end up banned.

Someone PLEASE PLEASE tell me this childs death is not gonna be in vain.

Please tell me the judge is requiring supervised visitation.

now I am bawling.... will bbl.

18. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

May beautiful little Aveion rest in peace. I can see him now, up in Heaven, frolicking with the angels.
    I am heartbroken. Just to have to realize that there are actual human beings in this world who would commit such a horrendous act to an innocent baby. Makes me full of sorrow.
    We speak for those who can no longer speak for themselves

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SusanB For This Useful Post:

Just a few days ago, I was chatting with a lawyer and a question about the 'presumption of innocence' came up.

His reply:

Innocent until proven guilty is a legal device to require the prosecutor to prove his case (in this case beyond a reasonable doubt). But we don't have to make that assumption since we aren't the jury. In the case of most accuseds there's actually a presumption they're probably guilty. Which is why bail is required and jail is given to those "innocent until proven guilty" who are flight risks and who can't make bail.

BTW, was this decision made before the police press conference?

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Calliope For This Useful Post:

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Quote Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
    Just a few days ago, I was chatting with a lawyer and a question about the 'presumption of innocence' came up.

His reply:

Innocent until proven guilty is a legal device to require the prosecutor to prove his case (in this case beyond a reasonable doubt). But we don't have to make that assumption since we aren't the jury. In the case of most accuseds there's actually a presumption they're probably guilty. Which is why bail is required and jail is given to those "innocent until proven guilty" who are flight risks and who can't make bail.

BTW, was this decision made before the police press conference?
    Ok, but Morgan Lockett has not been 'charged' with anything, and how does CPS and Family court fit into this.

I can't stop crying. I can not for the life of me understand how a judge dismissed an emergency protection order requested by CPS in this case, when a child is DEAD and tossed like trash. Morgan went along with his story. The family court judge is NOT the one to decide Morgans guilt or innocence with a crime. He or she is to protect the CHILDS best interest no?

This is not directed at anyone in particular, but I have to ask. Is it just poor black children that are treated like this in Virginia? Or do white children get the same lack of protection? Is it because Aveion came from a poverty stricken environment? I am really trying to understand this... and I just can't.

My eyes are gonna be like balloons tomorrow.

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

It's the poor people thing...

O/T: There's a lot of profiling going on in the Roanoke Valley (and I'm sure other places). Doesn't matter what color you are...but it matters what you drive and where you live. Poor people seem to be overlooked here or else they are scrutinized to oblivion.

I have lots of stories regarding profiling at the hands of Roanoke Valley LE as well as one of the area hospitals - a hospital that serves the majority of the poorer people of the valley.

My daughter tried to tell me this wasn't happening...until she almost died a few months ago from a doctor who had profiled her and dismissed her 2 consecutive ER visits.

If you don't live on the right side of town...if you don't drive the right kind of car...chances are you're going to be ignored or you're going to get pulled over...
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MBLover For This Useful Post:

You have got to be kidding me!
    Why doesn't the judge just let Brandon walk out of jail then too?

Well then, all we can do is PRAY that the oldest childs bio father fights like HELL to get custody of his daughter. I can not see a judge, unless it's the same judge, not granting him custody.

Um, let's see, this child was 8 friggin pounds at 15 months. What innocence is this judge talking about?

I think I am just gonna cry. Basically what this judge is saying and doing then is letting Aveions death be in vain!

OMG LE needs to charge Morgan and charge her soon!

I can't say anymore or I will end up banned.

Someone PLEASE PLEASE tell me this childs death is not gonna be in vain.

Please tell me the judge is requiring supervised visitation.

now I am bawling.... will bbl.
    BBM

I wish I could. I can't add more, because not only will I get banned, if I say what I really feel like doing, I will get arrested for making threats against a judge. (But it involves kicking a certain body part)

28. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to snoelle1 For This Useful Post:

Ok, but Morgan Lockett has not been 'charged' with anything, and how does CPS and Family court fit into this.

I can't stop crying. I can not for the life of me understand how a judge dismissed an emergency protection order requested by CPS in this case, when a child is DEAD and tossed like trash. Morgan went along with his story. The family court judge is NOT the one to decide Morgans guilt or innocence with a crime. He or she is to protect the CHILDS best interest no?

This is not directed at anyone in particular, but I have to ask. Is it just poor black children that are treated like this in Virginia? Or do white children get the same lack of protection? Is it because Aveion came from a poverty stricken environment? I am really trying to understand this... and I just can't.

My eyes are gonna be like balloons tomorrow.

CPS, and by association, family court are involved because a CPS report was opened in relation to Aveion's disappearance. The Judge's argument was basically that since ML hasn't been charged, much less convicted, of any crime related to Aveion's disappearance, there is no way to determine that her other children "need" protection from her. (He apparently forgot that Aveion was previously removed from her care for neglect and that there are other allegations of abuse, of course) And, yes, the whole thing related to "innocence" is insane anyway because, as you point out, they are supposed to act IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE CHILD.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to snoelle1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MBLover View Post
    It's the poor people thing...

O/T: There's a lot of profiling going on in the Roanoke Valley (and I'm sure other places). Doesn't matter what color you are...but it matters what you drive and where you live. Poor people seem to be overlooked here or else they are scrutinized to oblivion.

I have lots of stories regarding profiling at the hands of Roanoke Valley LE as well as one of the area hospitals - a hospital that serves the majority of the poorer people of the valley.

My daughter tried to tell me this wasn't happening...until she almost died a few months ago from a doctor who had profiled her and dismissed her 2 consecutive ER visits.

If you don't live on the right side of town...if you don't drive the right kind of car...chances are you're going to be ignored or you're going to get pulled over...
    MBL, you're exactly right. We have been pulled over just for that reason...I'm white and my husband is mixed. We were pulled over and blocked by LE although we were only driving through a grocery store parking lot.

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to beachlvr0810 For This Useful Post:

Rest in peace little Aveion. So so so sad.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

CPS, and by association, family court are involved because a CPS report was opened in relation to Aveion's disappearance. The Judge's argument was basically that since ML hasn't been charged, much less convicted, of any crime related to Aveion's disappearance, there is no way to determine that her other children "need" protection from her. (He apparently forgot that Aveion was previously removed from her care for neglect and that there are other allegations of abuse, of course) And, yes, the whole thing related to "innocence" is insane anyway because, as you point out, they are supposed to act IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE CHILD.

Hmmm... so basically what the judge was saying is that now that BL is not around, there is no need to protect the children. Thing is it was mom who brought this man into her childrens lives. Wonder how long it will be before she finds another loser like BL to play daddy to her kids and give him a few too. Another one with a history of domestic violence and drug use. Guess having drugs and DV around, apparently is not considered an unsafe environment for children.

You know what is crazy. Seriously crazy. I have read up on some laws for California, the most liberal state in the country, with regards to termination of parental rights, and uh, they seem to be tougher than Virginias laws. At least on how they read, how often they are enforced is another thing. I'd have never guessed California would have tougher laws on the books than Virginia!

I'd love to know why when Aveions bio dad tried to see him he didn't even apparently get as much help as the courts doing anything about him being denied visitation, at least according to his statements in the media.

36. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Rest in peace, sweet baby. I hope the Angels had good cake and ice cream for you yesterday, on your birthday.

I'm glad you are going to have a much, much better place to rest your little body now that you have been found. I am so sorry for your pain.

Salem

38. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

Unhappy

WTH is wrong with people these days?

RIP Aveion

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mydailyopinions For This Useful Post:

I rarely post but today my heart is broken. How many more children have to die before the system stands up and protects them?
    Aveion was just an innocent baby FGS!
    I can't think of a fitting punishment anymore.

Aveion, I am so very sorry the adults in your life didn't see how precious you are! There are people here who care about you baby boy.

42. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to SugarQueen For This Useful Post:

Funeral tentatively scheduled for Sunday:

http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11889797

44. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Calliope For This Useful Post:

RIP Aveion...

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elphaba For This Useful Post:

Wow. This just makes me sick. I took yesterday evening to stay away from WS so that I could just try to gather my thoughts after they found MH, and I come back this morning to see that Aveion has been found too. Two of Virginia's missing were brought home yesterday, so that they can finally rest in peace..

I'm so so sorry this happened to you Aveion. I wish I could have saved you myself. Don't worry, pretty soon, everyone is going to know what they did to you. And they won't be able to do it to anyone else again. You can sleep well now sweet baby, knowing that no one will EVER hurt you again. You'll never feel hungry, or cold, or unloved. And as I sit here, I promise you that everyone who comes to this thread, will shed a tear especially for you.

R.I.P Aveion
    R.I.P Jenni-Lyn Watson

"The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children." ~Dietrich Bonhoeffer
    "From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate." ~Socrates

48. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JLMcKenna83 For This Useful Post:

I know this really isn't all that important - but didn't we read somewhere that the family was planning a memorial services for Aveion, even before he was found?

Also, I appreciated Chris W's comments about leaving BL to suffer street justice, as opposed to jail justice in the article linked by Calliope above.

Salem

My heart is just so sad for this little guy.

50. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast