Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    It's sad...We don't even know when this child died - all that is known is before the 911 call was made. There has to be time allowed for the disposal of Aveion's body. A neighbor said that the day before BL was trying to show him some kind of "unknown" telephone # on his caller ID...so it's possible BL was trying to set up the story then and it's possible Aveion was already gone. This child could have been killed on the day before and not just hours before.

BL isn't talking. Maybe he feels not providing location of Aveion's body will help him with certain charges. Maybe he didn't dispose of the body but is covering for whoever did.

ML isn't talking...is she afraid she's going to implicate herself? Or is she just so in love with him she refuses to talk? Like snoelle (I think) said...now's her chance if she was afraid of him. He's locked up...can't get to her...and IMO she needs to figure out how to clear her name if she wasn't involved. IMO her silence is very telling...

Wonder when BL is going to "roll over" on ML and implicate her as the killer?
    Last edited by MBLover; 01-22-2010 at 10:45 PM. Reason: spelling
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MBLover For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
    I am just waiting, somewhat impatiently, for more info on this case. So far, we know very little.
    Brief synopsis: Stepfather reports child missing, states a made-up story about intruders kidnapping the child.
    Said child has been in the telescope of social services all his short life, but was re-placed back into abusive home.
    Father taken into custody - I am not sure what prompted the arrest, and apparently has confessed to killing the child. He has not admitted the location of the body.
    No word from the mother about anything.
    If anyone can enlighten me about anything else, please help. Thanks all!
    Something you said just reminded me of a case back in the 70s...when you said "made-up story about intruders" it reminded me of the Jeffrey McDonald case in NC. He was an army doctor if I'm not mistaken and he is in prison for killing his wife Kimberly and their two daughters. He had made up the story about intruders coming in and killing his family. They were supposedly hippies. He did not have life threatening injuries but was supposed to have injured himself to make it look like he was attacked. Mmmmmm.....wonder if BL had watched that movie before he made up the story about his intruders?????

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beachlvr0810 For This Useful Post:

My mistake...his wife's name was Colette. Kimberly was one of his daughters. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_R._MacDonald

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beachlvr0810 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MBLover View Post
    It's sad...We don't even know when this child died - all that is known is before the 911 call was made. There has to be time allowed for the disposal of Aveion's body. A neighbor said that the day before BL was trying to show him some kind of "unknown" telephone # on his caller ID...so it's possible BL was trying to set up the story then and it's possible Aveion was already gone. This child could have been killed on the day before and not just hours before.

BL isn't talking. Maybe he feels not providing location of Aveion's body will help him with certain charges. Maybe he didn't dispose of the body but is covering for whoever did.

ML isn't talking...is she afraid she's going to implicate herself? Or is she just so in love with him she refuses to talk? Like snoelle (I think) said...now's her chance if she was afraid of him. He's locked up...can't get to her...and IMO she needs to figure out how to clear her name if she wasn't involved. IMO her silence is very telling...

Wonder when BL is going to "roll over" on ML and implicate her as the killer?
    That's what I was saying...now is her chance to come clean and be rid of him, but like I said, I have seen cases where the woman was so in love with the man that she would give up her kids for him.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to beachlvr0810 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by beachlvr0810 View Post
    That's what I was saying...now is her chance to come clean and be rid of him, but like I said, I have seen cases where the woman was so in love with the man that she would give up her kids for him.
    Isn't that horrible...What in the world is wrong with these women?

I know of a person who just did what you mentioned above a few months ago. The husband had been molesting the child and the man was convicted of the crime...wife still chose husband over child and blamed the child for it happening. Sick, sick, sick...

I'm thoroughly disgusted with these women who do not value themselves or their children, but do value their sick, twisted, abusive cowardly "love interest"...who they more than likely support because the loser can't get up off his a** to provide for the family.

I truly believe if I hear this woman say she had no clue about this idiot I will spit fire... And if she's that stupid that she didn't know...then she has no business having any children in her care.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MBLover For This Useful Post:

The woman I knew dropped off her child at her mother's house after finding her new man, went off with the new boyfriend and started a so called life full of drugs, partying, etc. She came to visit the child every now and then but eventually wouldn't show up at all for weeks. The mother finally went to court and got custody of the child. The child's mother had at least 5 abortions after this abandoning this child. The child has finally grown up and has disowned the real mother. Now all these years later the mother wants a relationship with the child. And she wonders why the child disowned her.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beachlvr0810 For This Useful Post:

Link to search warrant attachment & the inventory return -- includes laptop computers, cellphone, modem, CDs, clothes, etc.

http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/link.asp?L=426213
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:

Looks like this is new...re: Bio dad and paternal grandmother

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/234025

Toddler's dad speaks about losing his son

...says things changed after the boy's mother met Brandon Lockett.

The two would have confrontations during court hearings...

He recalled several times that he tried to see them, such as on Aveion's first birthday, when he said Morgan Lockett wouldn't answer the door.

"grandmother" also said she had to go to court to get visitation rights and, even then, found herself knocking on a door that wouldn't open.

"How many times can you get your heart broke?" Mason said.

16. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to everyoneneedsavoice For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Do we know mom is sitting in the apartment? I assume she is, where else would she be?
    I'm not sure she could be; the home is taped off as a crime scene.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calliope For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by everyoneneedsavoice View Post

He recalled several times that he tried to see them, such as on Aveion's first birthday, when he said Morgan Lockett wouldn't answer the door.

"grandmother" also said she had to go to court to get visitation rights and, even then, found herself knocking on a door that wouldn't open.

Lewis, however, said he never trusted Brandon Lockett.

"The way Brandon was, it just seemed like he wanted to get to me," Lewis said.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Calliope For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Calliope View Post

I don't think you can 'get' someone any harsher than murdering their child...
    currently afflicted with the worst case of 'pregnancy brain' that I've ever had! Be back to normal in approximately 7 months.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cc81 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Calliope View Post

And little Aveion's "mother" put up with this

Another little one sacrificed for a "mother" to have her relationship w/ "her man".
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:

I've been thinking of the right words to say that wouldn't get me a TO... and quite honestly I haven't come up with much. We all pretty much had an inkling of where this was headed.. and I have been sitting here thinking about how sad it is that we as a collective hardly ever believe the parents anymore because we know what the eventual outcome almost always is.

I'm heartbroken that beautiful little Aveion never had a chance living with these two pigs. He's starving to death while they look like they're ready to have an apple stuffed in their mouth while they roast. He's being hurt and abused while they're enjoying their green leafy substance while talking on their 5 cell phones and using their 2 laptops.

What really happened in that house that day or the days leading up to it? Has Aveion been gone for a while, and someone started asking questions so they decided to report him as kidnapped? What did they think would happen when the "kidnappers" left a "ransom" note and never called? What were they thinking when even Aveion's Uncle said it just isn't right?

I know this tragedy could have been prevented.. but in all honesty it is 100% his mother's fault. BL is not Aveion's daddy. If he was being abused by BL, she should have left or called the police. Plain and simple. Since when is a warm body and some **** more important than your babies? I'm tired of these scumbag mother's choosing their men over their children. And this will never stop!! I don't believe Aveion had any problems with Failure To Thrive.. I am 100% thinking that it was just abuse and neglect. There needs to be tougher laws, and closer scrutiny regarding children like Aveion. CHILD ABUSE CANNOT BE TOLERATED!!!!

I'm sick. Just plain sick thinking about what could have happened to this beautiful little baby.. what torture he suffered at the hands of these pigs.. because let's face it.. if BL was doing it, and Aveion's "mother" (I use this term very loosely) didn't step in to stop it.. then she is guilty too. And if she is pregnant.. I hope they remove the child immediately after it is born. (of course she's pregnant.. why wouldn't she be? She needs a new baby to replace Aveion asap so that she won't loose some of those benefits...)

arrrrggghhhhh!!!
    jmo as always...
    R.I.P Jenni-Lyn Watson

"The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children." ~Dietrich Bonhoeffer
    "From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate." ~Socrates

26. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to JLMcKenna83 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by everyoneneedsavoice View Post

I don't know how many times you can get your heart broken - how many times does a child have to be starved? burned? neglected, abused?

I'm sorry, but this whole story breaks my heart for this little guy and for his mother to still be out of jail is a disgrace!!!!!

Taking a break,

Salem

28. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

I think they made up the 'abduction' story because Aveion's birthday is coming up next Tuesday....they've probably been denying the family visits, and knew they'd be back for sure just like they did on his first birthday......ch*t was about to hit the fan again legally, IMO, so the 'abduction' was a just a CYA story....and BL is arrogant enough to think he could tell LE & rest of the world his 'story' and everyone would buy it, then he'd have Aveion's family who cared off his back.

No telling how long little Aveion's been gone.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast