The Box From Hell (BFH) - Part 2

Copying the last post from SherlockJr on the previous BFH thread so this doesn't get missed.

I think GW only kept the mileage on his car while on vacation. There are notes about taking "M's" picture on vacation. Can someone total the miles driven and get an idea how far he would have driven from San Francisco?

Here is what I've gathered from the Insurance Policies....the date listed is the effective date. If there is another date listed, that is the renewal date. I've edited the information removing the policy number from this list. I have this saved as an Excel file, but can not load that type of file on WS.

STANDARD OREGON (MNHC)
$60,000

5/28/1972

LLOYDS, LONDON
$100,000
$175
6/12/1972
6/12/1973

AM HOME ASSOC
$500,000

7/20/1973

MUTUAL/OMAHA/TWA
$101,000
$3/FLIGHT
12/1/1973

COMMERCIAL INS CO
$100,000
$80/YR
7/1/1974

FIREMAN FUND AIC
$175,000

7/15/1974

IMPERIAL CASUALTY
$25,000
$10
8/1/1974
2/1/1975

ALLSTATE (SHELL OIL)
$200,000
3.45/MO
10/1/1974

EXXON TRAVEL (TRAVELER)
20000 + 30000
2.25/MO
11/1/1974

CHEVRON TRAVEL (INA)
$15,000

11/1/1974

ALLSTATE (SEARS & ROEBUCK)
$20,000
$2/MO
12/28/1974

GULF TRAVEL (CONN GNRL)
$25,000
$2.25/MO
1/1/1975

INA (UNION 76)
$50,000
$4.50/MO
2/10/1975

ARCO TRAVEL (INA)
$25,000
$3.50/MO
3/1/1975

FIREMAN FUND AIC (AMEX)
$25,000
$3/MO
5/1/1975
6/1/1975

BENEFICIAL STAND LIC (DINERS)
$120,000
$30/3MOS
6/15/1975

GAMBLE ALDEN/CARTE BLANCHE
$150,000

7/7/1975

CHEVRON TRAVEL (INA)
$25,000

2/1/1976

CA STATE AUTO ASSOC (AAA)
$60,000
$13/SEMI ANN
3/10/1976
9/10/1976

$170,000

1/20/1978

PLCC
$100,000
$100/YR
3/25/1975

APPLIED FOR

AMEX
$500,000

8/1/1981

LLOYDS

185.88/YR
6/22/1970

LLOYDS

5/20/1971

Would it be of any advantage to call these Insurance Companies to check on all these policies, perhaps Anna's name was involved on paper? or the person handling the paperwork is still around and may recall conversations?

~

Here is what I've gathered from the Insurance Policies....the date listed is the effective date. If there is another date listed, that is the renewal date. I've edited the information removing the policy number from this list. I have this saved as an Excel file, but can not load that type of file on WS.

STANDARD OREGON (MNHC)
$60,000

5/28/1972

LLOYDS, LONDON
$100,000
$175
6/12/1972
6/12/1973

AM HOME ASSOC
$500,000

7/20/1973

MUTUAL/OMAHA/TWA
$101,000
$3/FLIGHT
12/1/1973

COMMERCIAL INS CO
$100,000
$80/YR
7/1/1974

FIREMAN FUND AIC
$175,000

7/15/1974

IMPERIAL CASUALTY
$25,000
$10
8/1/1974
2/1/1975

ALLSTATE (SHELL OIL)
$200,000
3.45/MO
10/1/1974

EXXON TRAVEL (TRAVELER)
20000 + 30000
2.25/MO
11/1/1974

CHEVRON TRAVEL (INA)
$15,000

11/1/1974

ALLSTATE (SEARS & ROEBUCK)
$20,000
$2/MO
12/28/1974

GULF TRAVEL (CONN GNRL)
$25,000
$2.25/MO
1/1/1975

INA (UNION 76)
$50,000
$4.50/MO
2/10/1975

ARCO TRAVEL (INA)
$25,000
$3.50/MO
3/1/1975

FIREMAN FUND AIC (AMEX)
$25,000
$3/MO
5/1/1975
6/1/1975

BENEFICIAL STAND LIC (DINERS)
$120,000
$30/3MOS
6/15/1975

GAMBLE ALDEN/CARTE BLANCHE
$150,000

7/7/1975

CHEVRON TRAVEL (INA)
$25,000

2/1/1976

CA STATE AUTO ASSOC (AAA)
$60,000
$13/SEMI ANN
3/10/1976
9/10/1976

$170,000

1/20/1978

PLCC
$100,000
$100/YR
3/25/1975

APPLIED FOR

AMEX
$500,000

8/1/1981

LLOYDS

185.88/YR
6/22/1970

LLOYDS

5/20/1971

The Medical Slip

This is nagging at me, I have to post this theory so I can sleep tonight. :)

I have been thinking about the pink medical slip found in the BFH Waters apparently purposely left behind as per suggestions as an alibi he worked January, 16, 1973.

What if:

He left it behind 'on purpose' leaving a tell tale hint who Anna was adopted out to? The Romero's?

I know I may be totally out of it here, but as I once read about solving mysteries, the answer may lie close to home.... so, on that note, why did he leave this one slip and not anything else? (otherthan an alibi).

Maybe Waters committed suicide feeling horribly horrible after Brody passed and he thought hey, ok, I will leave this slip in hopes someone finds it, finds Anna.

Yes, I realize this may not be the case whatsoever, but, have to get this out there.......

Question:

Annasmom, where they any acquaintances you and George Waters had out of State that you may think of who 'just may have taken Anna as per GW's suggestion?"

Love

The Medical Slip

This is nagging at me, I have to post this theory so I can sleep tonight. :)

I have been thinking about the pink medical slip found in the BFH Waters apparently purposely left behind as per suggestions as an alibi he worked January, 16, 1973.

What if:

He left it behind 'on purpose' leaving a tell tale hint who Anna was adopted out to? The Romero's?

I know I may be totally out of it here, but as I once read about solving mysteries, the answer may lie close to home.... so, on that note, why did he leave this one slip and not anything else? (otherthan an alibi).

Maybe Waters committed suicide feeling horribly horrible after Brody passed and he thought hey, ok, I will leave this slip in hopes someone finds it, finds Anna.

Yes, I realize this may not be the case whatsoever, but, have to get this out there.......

Question:

Annasmom, where they any acquaintances you and George Waters had out of State that you may think of who 'just may have taken Anna as per GW's suggestion?"

Love

There is lots of paperwork at public clinics, and I just can't imagine GW keeping this pink slip unless it really meant something. I think this was from the Mission Neighborhood Health Center, which had mostly Latino patients, and I'm sure there were lots of Romeros. GW was fired from this clinic because of his erratic behavior (although he had earlier received an award for his work there.)

I do think probably the pink slip was for an alibi, which means he had reason to think he might need one. I can't think of any mutual acquaintances who would think it was all right to take a child from her home. That doesn't mean GW didn't know somebody who would or could do just that. I hadn't even known where he lived for four years or so, and certainly he had a life I didn't know about long before that.

There is lots of paperwork at public clinics, and I just can't imagine GW keeping this pink slip unless it really meant something. I think this was from the Mission Neighborhood Health Center, which had mostly Latino patients, and I'm sure there were lots of Romeros. GW was fired from this clinic because of his erratic behavior (although he had earlier received an award for his work there.)

I do think probably the pink slip was for an alibi, which means he had reason to think he might need one. I can't think of any mutual acquaintances who would think it was all right to take a child from her home. That doesn't mean GW didn't know somebody who would or could do just that. I hadn't even known where he lived for four years or so, and certainly he had a life I didn't know about long before that.

~

Thanks Annasmom, very much!

I've been going through the Squibb notes a little at a time and trying to look at things from a fresh angle.

Regarding the line that reads "DAMRON passport off ret v. con" I have found the following information:

From an archived document that is titled Foreign Service List 1957

http://www.archive.org/stream/foreignserviceli1957unit/foreignserviceli1957unit_djvu.txt

Snipped
"The Foreign Service List, issued quarterly by the Department of State, is
compiled primarily for use by the Department of State, the Foreign Service,
and other United States Government Agencies, to provide information on the
assignments of Foreign Service personnel and other United States personnel
assigned overseas. The information it contains has also been found useful
by American business firms, various groups and individuals, and by foreign
governments."

"(...)FOREIGN SERVICE LIST ITALY"

"(...) Damron, Everette L., v. c. (0-6) Sept. 25,53

So here we have a list from 1957 that recognizes Everette L. Damron as a V.C. (which according to the document is the abbr. for Vice Consul) for Italy.

If he was active in 1957 then it is reasonable to assume that he was retired (ret v. con) by the time this note was written. I have not researched Everette Damron yet, but plan to later tonight. I feel that he may be important. From the note it appears he was someone that Brody considered a contact since he directed GW to him for help in obtaining the passport.

Excellent points One hooah! With the passport needing replacement and GW claiming it was destroyed in a fire, your post has me wondering if somehow GB knew Damron, and if perhaps an overseas adoption or need to bring Anna to her godfathers family... for some reason.

Did you happen to notice the date on that squibb which Damron was written? If not, I will look later. (I am going to try and sneak in a short catnap before my son gets home).

excellent points one hooah! With the passport needing replacement and gw claiming it was destroyed in a fire, your post has me wondering if somehow gb knew damron, and if perhaps an overseas adoption or need to bring anna to her godfathers family... For some reason.

Did you happen to notice the date on that squibb which damron was written? If not, i will look later. (i am going to try and sneak in a short catnap before my son gets home).

7/30/71

Attachments

• Squibb_26.jpg
    Squibb_26.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 129
http://www.archive.org/stream/foreignserviceli1949unit/foreignserviceli1949unit_djvu.txt

Foreign service list shows
Everette L. Damron Vice Consul - Netherlands 1949

Here is a ships manifest 1951 from Westerdam to NY showing Damron, wife (Shelia) and son (Paul). It lists their hometown as Pedro Ohio.

It gives the following information

Everette L. Damron (33 y/o) born in Cattlesburg KY
Shelia L.G Damron (28 y/o) born in Gr. Britain
Paul L. Damron (2 months) in Br. Giauna

Attachments

• damron netherlands.jpg
    damron netherlands.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 79
http://www.archive.org/stream/foreignserviceli1949unit/foreignserviceli1949unit_djvu.txt

Foreign service list shows
Everette L. Damron Vice Consul - Netherlands 1949

Here is a ships manifest 1951 from Westerdam to NY showing Damron, wife (Shelia) and son (Paul). It lists their hometown as Pedro Ohio.

It gives the following information

Everette L. Damron (33 y/o) born in Cattlesburg KY
Shelia L.G Damron (28 y/o) born in Gr. Britain
Paul L. Damron (2 months) in Br. Giauna

You rock! so that would mean "ret. V con" which follows Damron on the squib would mean "retired vice consul". Thinking outloud so my apology if I am repeating this from prev post.

ETA: Whoops, I can see I really need that nap. You did write ret. v con in your first post one hooah. :doh:
Is it :bedtime: yet? too late to take a nap.

I wonder why GW chose to write Damron. Since his son PD would still be alive and would have been about 20 when GW made contact, I wonder if we should contact him and see if he has any knowlege of or about GW and GB. Thoughts?

You rock! so that would mean "ret. V con" which follows Damron on the squib would mean "retired vice consul". Thinking outloud so my apology if I am repeating this from prev post.

ETA: Whoops, I can see I really need that nap. You did write ret. v con in your first post one hooah. :doh:
Is it :bedtime: yet? too late to take a nap.

It was there from the start but there was a lot of information in that one to process!! Now if we can just connect the dots and find Brody!

Here is a passenger list from 1954 from Italy to NY that features the Damron family of Everette, Shelia and Paul as well as two "new" Damron's, Rosemary (born in Washington, DC) and Mark, (born in Spain) no ages given. It also gives a c/o address with the name W.F Damron of Ironton Ohio, likely his father.

Whew ... This family was busy!! It would figure that we finally find a connection to Brody, and he turns out to be a globe trotter!!

FYI
I've seen variations in spellings for Everette (Evert, Everett and Everet) and Shelia (Sheila)

Attachments

• damron italy.jpg
    damron italy.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 58
Here is a passenger list from 1954 from Italy to NY that features the Damron family of Everette, Shelia and Paul as well as two "new" Damron's, Rosemary (born in Washington, DC) and Mark, (born in Spain) no ages given. It also gives a c/o address with the name W.F Damron of Ironton Ohio, likely his father.

Whew ... This family was busy!! It would figure that we finally find a connection to Brody, and he turns out to be a globe trotter!!

FYI
I've seen variations in spellings for Everette (Evert, Everett and Everet) and Shelia (Sheila)

Fantastic work one hooah:woohoo:

I wonder why GW chose to write Damron. Since his son PD would still be alive and would have been about 20 when GW made contact, I wonder if we should contact him and see if he has any knowlege of or about GW and GB. Thoughts?

A while back, someone interpreted this note as having something to do with a gay and lesbian travel guide. I just Googled the name and similar things came up. Somehow the vice consul makes a bit more sense, but I would like you to look at the note again and tell me if we should just rule out this earlier possibility.

A while back, someone interpreted this note as having something to do with a gay and lesbian travel guide. I just Googled the name and similar things came up. Somehow the vice consul makes a bit more sense, but I would like you to look at the note again and tell me if we should just rule out this earlier possibility.

I had completly forgotten that theory Annasmom. I think we can safely rule out the earlier possibility. I think in this case the gay and lesbian travel guide just happens to be coincidental because of the two G's being in the SF area. Especially in light of the information One Hooah found which makes perfect sense. The only thing that might be cause for reconsideration is if - and this is pure speculation and thus far highly unlikely - that this E.D. that one hooah found is somehow associated with the Damron Travel guide.

jmo

I don't know that we can make the assumption GW knew of Everette Damron through GB. It is possible GW may have met ED in the years he was in Greece.

Annasmom, can you tell us again which years GW spent in Greece and at what schools if you recall. Can we do a short timeline for GW's years oversea's as a teen or adult. (I don't think his early childhood years would be relevent..... jmo)

Also, did GW spend any time oversea's in other countries than Greece? That might help tie the pieces of the puzzle with E. Damon.

tia

ETA: Maybe far fetched, but not impossible. Perhaps ED could have been involved in an oversea's adoption or finding a family for Anna. I think GW would have had access to paperwork with his ties to the hospitals. All he had to do was convince an unwitting clerk to go along with him. Perhaps somehow ED was unaware of the kidnapping or illegal aspects of this but involved. Especially if GW had planned to visit Anna oversea's. That would be one reason for all those accident insurance policies. GW having been born abroad and studying abroad.. with his history who would have questioned his desire to have his child spend time abroad? Not only that, it is possible GW could have passed anyone's death certificate as being Annas mother, no? Maybe that is why he had to take M's picture on vacation. Somehow to prove Annas mother was deceased so someone would go along with an adoption?

Just thinking outloud.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane
Back