768 users online (79 members and 689 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Here is a passenger list from 1954 from Italy to NY that features the Damron family of Everette, Shelia and Paul as well as two "new" Damron's, Rosemary (born in Washington, DC) and Mark, (born in Spain) no ages given. It also gives a c/o address with the name W.F Damron of Ironton Ohio, likely his father.

Whew ... This family was busy!! It would figure that we finally find a connection to Brody, and he turns out to be a globe trotter!!

FYI
    I've seen variations in spellings for Everette (Evert, Everett and Everet) and Shelia (Sheila)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by one_hooah_wife; 02-13-2010 at 07:02 PM.
    Clue: Satsuma Edition

It was the psycho-sicko in the trailer park with a brick-o-block!

"Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter accusations" ~ "inside" motto of the CIA and the entire Anthony family!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't believe she is 4!!

Quote Originally Posted by one_hooah_wife View Post
    Here is a passenger list from 1954 from Italy to NY that features the Damron family of Everette, Shelia and Paul as well as two "new" Damron's, Rosemary (born in Washington, DC) and Mark, (born in Spain) no ages given. It also gives a c/o address with the name W.F Damron of Ironton Ohio, likely his father.

Whew ... This family was busy!! It would figure that we finally find a connection to Brody, and he turns out to be a globe trotter!!

FYI
    I've seen variations in spellings for Everette (Evert, Everett and Everet) and Shelia (Sheila)
    Fantastic work one hooah

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    I wonder why GW chose to write Damron. Since his son PD would still be alive and would have been about 20 when GW made contact, I wonder if we should contact him and see if he has any knowlege of or about GW and GB. Thoughts?
    A while back, someone interpreted this note as having something to do with a gay and lesbian travel guide. I just Googled the name and similar things came up. Somehow the vice consul makes a bit more sense, but I would like you to look at the note again and tell me if we should just rule out this earlier possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Annasmom View Post
    A while back, someone interpreted this note as having something to do with a gay and lesbian travel guide. I just Googled the name and similar things came up. Somehow the vice consul makes a bit more sense, but I would like you to look at the note again and tell me if we should just rule out this earlier possibility.

I had completly forgotten that theory Annasmom. I think we can safely rule out the earlier possibility. I think in this case the gay and lesbian travel guide just happens to be coincidental because of the two G's being in the SF area. Especially in light of the information One Hooah found which makes perfect sense. The only thing that might be cause for reconsideration is if - and this is pure speculation and thus far highly unlikely - that this E.D. that one hooah found is somehow associated with the Damron Travel guide.

jmo
    Last edited by Cubby; 02-13-2010 at 10:13 PM.

I don't know that we can make the assumption GW knew of Everette Damron through GB. It is possible GW may have met ED in the years he was in Greece.

Annasmom, can you tell us again which years GW spent in Greece and at what schools if you recall. Can we do a short timeline for GW's years oversea's as a teen or adult. (I don't think his early childhood years would be relevent..... jmo)

Also, did GW spend any time oversea's in other countries than Greece? That might help tie the pieces of the puzzle with E. Damon.

tia

ETA: Maybe far fetched, but not impossible. Perhaps ED could have been involved in an oversea's adoption or finding a family for Anna. I think GW would have had access to paperwork with his ties to the hospitals. All he had to do was convince an unwitting clerk to go along with him. Perhaps somehow ED was unaware of the kidnapping or illegal aspects of this but involved. Especially if GW had planned to visit Anna oversea's. That would be one reason for all those accident insurance policies. GW having been born abroad and studying abroad.. with his history who would have questioned his desire to have his child spend time abroad? Not only that, it is possible GW could have passed anyone's death certificate as being Annas mother, no? Maybe that is why he had to take M's picture on vacation. Somehow to prove Annas mother was deceased so someone would go along with an adoption?

Just thinking outloud.
    Last edited by Cubby; 02-13-2010 at 10:27 PM.

I don't know that we can make the assumption GW knew of Everette Damron through GB. It is possible GW may have met ED in the years he was in Greece.

Annasmom, can you tell us again which years GW spent in Greece and at what schools if you recall. Can we do a short timeline for GW's years oversea's as a teen or adult. (I don't think his early childhood years would be relevent..... jmo)

Also, did GW spend any time oversea's in other countries than Greece? That might help tie the pieces of the puzzle with E. Damon.

tia

ETA: Maybe far fetched, but not impossible. Perhaps ED could have been involved in an oversea's adoption or finding a family for Anna. I think GW would have had access to paperwork with his ties to the hospitals. All he had to do was convince an unwitting clerk to go along with him. Perhaps somehow ED was unaware of the kidnapping or illegal aspects of this but involved. Especially if GW had planned to visit Anna oversea's. That would be one reason for all those accident insurance policies. GW having been born abroad and studying abroad.. with his history who would have questioned his desire to have his child spend time abroad? Not only that, it is possible GW could have passed anyone's death certificate as being Annas mother, no? Maybe that is why he had to take M's picture on vacation. Somehow to prove Annas mother was deceased so someone would go along with an adoption?

Just thinking outloud.
    He traveled quite a bit: Mexico, Egypt, France, Switzerland. He taught at the American Farm School in Greece in (I think) 1962 and returned to Greece on a medical school fellowship from Columbia University in maybe 1963 or 4. He could have known of Damron from college as well. I sure wish we had that last passport. So many of the accident insurance policies were the kind you would get at an airport when taking a trip; it suggests that he was going places.

He traveled quite a bit: Mexico, Egypt, France, Switzerland. He taught at the American Farm School in Greece in (I think) 1962 and returned to Greece on a medical school fellowship from Columbia University in maybe 1963 or 4. He could have known of Damron from college as well. I sure wish we had that last passport. So many of the accident insurance policies were the kind you would get at an airport when taking a trip; it suggests that he was going places.

Thank you Annasmom. I am going to add those dates to our stickied timeline.

ETA: There really isn't any way to get any additional info from the passport office on GW's passport is there? IIRC they don't keep any records and the records would have been the stamps.

Perhaps this is a good time to try and find out if those TWA flight records are now listed. I forget the details... but recall there was a record of purchasing the tickets in the BFH. Can someone refresh my memory on the TWA thing.
    Last edited by Cubby; 02-14-2010 at 02:03 AM.

tia

Just thinking outloud.
    The reason that I believe it was GB who knew Damron is twofold. First, his age, he was born in 1917-1918 according to all the documents I have found. It seems more likely that Brody would be his contemporary. The note itself (assuming I am correct about the meaning) refers to a retired Damron ... How likely is it that GW would have kept up with him through the years to know that he was retired? Second, It is certainly possible that GW met Damron in his extensive travels, however, pulling from my knowledge and understanding of mental illness, in particular schizophrenia, and taking into consideration everything else that we know about his actions during the period that he wrote the squibb note ... I feel that he was, at that point, almost completely fixated on Brody. I don't see a whole lot of evidence that GW did ANYTHING that was not directed by Brody, at that time. I have often thought, while reading about this case, that Brody may have had a background in psychology due to the way he so masterfully exploited GW's illness. GW's afflicted brain didn't even need to develop hallucinations ... he had Brody!!

"Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter accusations" ~ "inside" motto of the CIA and the entire Anthony family!

Can't believe she is 4!!

ED (full name: E Leonard D)
    birth: 6 May 1917 Catlettsburg, Boyd, Kentucky
    father: Floyd
    mother: Bertha Schuff

raf

Thank you Annasmom. I am going to add those dates to our stickied timeline.

ETA: There really isn't any way to get any additional info from the passport office on GW's passport is there? IIRC they don't keep any records and the records would have been the stamps.

Perhaps this is a good time to try and find out if those TWA flight records are now listed. I forget the details... but recall there was a record of purchasing the tickets in the BFH. Can someone refresh my memory on the TWA thing.
    We have everything the passport office has. They don't keep the actual passports; just the applications. Two important things to find out: Where was Damron stationed as vice consul? And what's the status of the FOIA inquiry?

We have everything the passport office has. They don't keep the actual passports; just the applications. Two important things to find out: Where was Damron stationed as vice consul? And what's the status of the FOIA inquiry?

Everette L. Damron FSL timeline with supporting documents
    http://www.archive.org/search.php?qu...ed%20States%22
    1935-1946 FSL’s no Damron found.
    1947 First post – Georgetown, British Guiana - Vice Consul
    Assignment date 7/1946
    1948 ditto
    1949 Amsterdam, The Netherlands – Vice Consul
    Assignment date 7/1948
    1950 ditto
    1951 ditto
    1952 Vigo, Spain –Vice Consul
    Assignment date 7/1951
    1953 ditto
    1954 Naples, Italy – Vice Consul
    Assignment date 9/1953
    1955 ditto
    1956 ditto
    1957 Ciudad, Trujillo – Vice Consul
    Assignment date 9/1957
    1958 ditto
    1959 ditto
    1960 Personnel of the Department of State Washington, DC
    1961 Ditto
    1962 Roma, Italy – Consul
    Last edited by one_hooah_wife; 02-14-2010 at 04:11 PM.

Can't believe she is 4!!

I have added Squibb _20_21jpg showing the Italian Cons

Any idea what number 19 means on the same Squibb / Notorization to whom?
    Anna Christian Waters Web Page
    www.searchingforanna.com

Anna Christian Water's WS Forum
    www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104

Search FB: Anna Christian Waters
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/annachristianwaters/

Quote Originally Posted by SideKick View Post

Notarized document bearing photo and both signatures

GW uses the Greek alphabet a lot. The symbol for phi followed by "oto" would be photo ... I think!?

Can't believe she is 4!!

Quote Originally Posted by SideKick View Post

Hmmmm ... Just this past week I had to sign a form for my son to go on a mission trip to Mexico, since his dad is getting his passport done while he is with him on Spring break and I would not be there. I had to have that document notarized because when applying for a passport for a minor child both parents must sign.

Can't believe she is 4!!

Squibb, _28_29

Make will out to ACE for one dollar,. interesting the G's do refer to Anna with Eifee in '71.

Did we see this Will?
    Anna Christian Waters Web Page
    www.searchingforanna.com

Anna Christian Water's WS Forum
    www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104

Search FB: Anna Christian Waters
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/annachristianwaters/

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast