1059 users online (200 members and 859 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SideKick View Post
    I have added Squibb _20_21jpg showing the Italian Cons

Any idea what number 19 means on the same Squibb / Notorization to whom?
    Quote Originally Posted by one_hooah_wife View Post
    Hmmmm ... Just this past week I had to sign a form for my son to go on a mission trip to Mexico, since his dad is getting his passport done while he is with him on Spring break and I would not be there. I had to have that document notarized because when applying for a passport for a minor child both parents must sign.
    Thanks one_hooah,
    So many little secrets could be found in these Squibbs. One that really gets me is the vacation pic of Margaret quote and the fact he get's B's permission.. and then later 'given ok to take M's picture on vacation'... Love to know M!?
    Anna Christian Waters Web Page
    www.searchingforanna.com

Anna Christian Water's WS Forum
    www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104

Search FB: Anna Christian Waters
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/annachristianwaters/

Excellent work bytheway on Everette Damron and Paul.

In short, are you thinking that a 'Damron' could not only have authorized Waters trip to Italy and perhaps .... adopted Anna?

My apologies if this is a silly Q.
    www.searchingforanna.com

Quote Originally Posted by SideKick View Post
    Excellent work bytheway on Everette Damron and Paul.

In short, are you thinking that a 'Damron' could not only have authorized Waters trip to Italy and perhaps .... adopted Anna?

My apologies if this is a silly Q.
    Thanks! Not silly at all when the known facts (about Brody) of this case border on the absurd sometimes!! I haven't really thought it through that far, regarding the Damron connection. I was simply trying to make some sense out of the note and from a different angle than had been previously explored, ie, Damron gay and lesbian travel agency. I thought maybe if GB felt comfortable to send GW to him for help (speculation) obtaining a less than legal passport (an application that would not hold up to the general scrutiny of officials) that possibly we could find a clue to GB's real identity. I haven't been able to find out much about Damron's life after he left his job as an FSO. There is a large Damron/Dameron family site that I have just started to go through.
    Clue: Satsuma Edition

It was the psycho-sicko in the trailer park with a brick-o-block!

"Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter accusations" ~ "inside" motto of the CIA and the entire Anthony family!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't believe she is 4!!

Notarized document bearing photo and both signatures

GW uses the Greek alphabet a lot. The symbol for phi followed by "oto" would be photo ... I think!?
    That is interesting. Makes sense that it means "photo" - apparently this is the Bulgarian spelling of the word. Is it the Greek spelling, as well?

Quote Originally Posted by annemc2 View Post
    That is interesting. Makes sense that it means "photo" - apparently this is the Bulgarian spelling of the word. Is it the Greek spelling, as well?
    Yes, it is.

That is new in the past 10-12 years I believe. Prior you only needed a signature of the other parent...easily forged and why there were more problems with parents abducting children out of the country. Great work everyone!

Hmmmm ... Just this past week I had to sign a form for my son to go on a mission trip to Mexico, since his dad is getting his passport done while he is with him on Spring break and I would not be there. I had to have that document notarized because when applying for a passport for a minor child both parents must sign.

DAMRON - Travel Company

Hi there,

Just to seal the deal on this one, I wrote Damron to ask about the passport etc., this is their reply I received today.

"Damron is just a publishing company. Particularly in 1971, the company at that time was just one man (now deceased) who traveled around the United States visiting gay bars. The company has never operated as a tour company or accepted passports from anyone. I'm sorry we can't be of help."

sk
    www.searchingforanna.com

Has anyone with an ancestry membership looked to see if Anna could have been adopted by the Everette L. Damron family?

I tend to think GW knew of ELD rather than GB. Most people who met GB were immediately turned off by him, aside from the few who bought into his strange theories. I can't see someone with ELD's work history having any interest in Brody whatsoever.

I guess what perplexes me now is why Italy? Why would GW need to contact the italian consulate?

jmo

sidekick, I think we can pretty much rule out the damron travel publisher based on the above info regarding the ELD found.

jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Has anyone with an ancestry membership looked to see if Anna could have been adopted by the Everette L. Damron family?

I tend to think GW knew of ELD rather than GB. Most people who met GB were immediately turned off by him, aside from the few who bought into his strange theories. I can't see someone with ELD's work history having any interest in Brody whatsoever.

I guess what perplexes me now is why Italy? Why would GW need to contact the italian consulate?

jmo
    Hi Cubby,

I did check ELD on ancestry and footnote and there wasn't anything of great interest. I will have another look though.

I was going to check ancestry but I see ozziemom beat me to it. I have a full membership, so Ozziemum if you need help, let me know. I agree about the Italian consulate question Cubby. Why would one contact a consulate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post

jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Julessleuther View Post
    I was going to check ancestry but I see ozziemom beat me to it. I have a full membership, so Ozziemum if you need help, let me know. I agree about the Italian consulate question Cubby. Why would one contact a consulate?
    Hi Julessleuther,

Go for it. Two sets of eyes are better than one. Never know if I might have missed something.

Children having to have their own passports is relatively new. Back then they travelled on their parents passports. I know that in the early 90's this was still the case as well. I tried to find when the ruling was changed but all I could find was:

At one time it was common for a parent's passport to include the names and photos of his or her children. These "family passports" allowed children to travel together with their parent(s) without the need to issue individual passports to each child. Family passports were not valid for children to travel by themselves or with someone other than a parent. The United States and the United Kingdom once issued family passports, but no longer do so.

So if he had her listed on his passport, she would not have needed her own since she was so young.
    Last edited by petchie; 03-07-2010 at 12:14 PM. Reason: spelling
    "Silence is very imporant. The silence between the notes are as important as the notes themselves." - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Thank you petchie. Then the childs name would appear on the parents application if they were to have traveled with a child correct? Just clarifying my own understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by petchie View Post
    Children having to have their own passports is relatively new. Back then they travelled on their parents passports. I know that in the early 90's this was still the case as well. I tried to find when the ruling was changed but all I could find was:

At one time it was common for a parent's passport to include the names and photos of his or her children. These "family passports" allowed children to travel together with their parent(s) without the need to issue individual passports to each child. Family passports were not valid for children to travel by themselves or with someone other than a parent. The United States and the United Kingdom once issued family passports, but no longer do so.

So if he had her listed on his passport, she would not have needed her own since she was so young.
    I love your Mozart quote, Petchie. My little boys were on my passport in the sixties.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast