Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CHICANA View Post
    So she left him in the lobby ?
    We're not sure. Either she left him in the lobby, or she left him somewhere else and someone else saw him in the lobby.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

This does not sound good.

Helicopters hovering over Mariners Harbor

Police activity continues in Mariners Harbor as authorities are believed to be searching for a 7-year-old Staten Island boy -- Patrick Alford -- who went missing from a Brooklyn Foster home over the weekend.

Cops remained tightlipped as to what exactly they were searching for, but appears they were acting on a tip and canvassing the community around the 100 block of South Avenue. Several residents called the Advance complaining of helicopters whirring overhead.

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf...over_mari.html

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho4Groenes View Post
    This does not sound good.

Helicopters hovering over Mariners Harbor

Police activity continues in Mariners Harbor as authorities are believed to be searching for a 7-year-old Staten Island boy -- Patrick Alford -- who went missing from a Brooklyn Foster home over the weekend.

Cops remained tightlipped as to what exactly they were searching for, but appears they were acting on a tip and canvassing the community around the 100 block of South Avenue. Several residents called the Advance complaining of helicopters whirring overhead.

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf...over_mari.html
    Not good at all.

I was not familiar with Mariner's Harbor and saw that it was on the northwest tip of Staten Island. Looks like he might have been picked up on the Belt Parkway, over the Verrazano Bridge into Staten Island, then driven on the Staten Island Expressway.

I can just envision the poor boy saying he wanted to go to S.I. and some creep said "sure kid" then the unthinkable happened.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to webrocket For This Useful Post:

Has there been any further news about the search?

Its been 22 hours since an article was written about this little guy.

Come home Patrick!

Salem

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

Now 4 full days + without any sign of Patrick. What in the world is going on?!?!?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

I lived in starrett city all my life up until recently but pretty much know the ins and outs of the area. Every floor of every building has a trash chute in the hallways and a recycling room. Its literally steps from your door. There are also 2 elevators and 2 staircases, 1 staircase to the lobby and the other leading to the rear of the building. That particular building (A5, above person was correct), is only 2 blocks away from the belt parkway. Pennsylvania avenue is a busy road, but if he took louisiana avenue then chances are possible that noone saw him. Louisiana avenue is deserted compared to pennsylvania. At night over there its usually more cars speeding towards the belt and you'll rarely see someone parking their car, walking home, etc. At age 7 I knew that highway led to staten island, if he was used to traveling with his biological family then chances are he knew too. You can see the verranzo bridge leading the way towards the island. Someone posted that the closest train was 20 minutes away walking, although that is true, the main road would be flatlands avenue which is a busy road and in the cold at night time it must feel way longer than 20 minutes and had he got on the bus at night with no jacket I'm sure the bus operator would've phoned it in.

I'm questioning his running away, if he went down the stairs, there's no way she wouldn't have known, those doors slam close especially on windy days, its very loud. If he took the elevator she would have known that too, you can hear when that door closes as well and if that was the case (being a mom) she would run downstairs and make it there before the elevator does.

What scares me is that surrounding starrett city there are a lot of woods and grassy areas, its along the water, its very dark and of course that area has its history with crime. Local media has been reporting it on a daily basis. My mom still lives in starrett and says along with other residents that authorities and safety officers have been working around the clock in the area, knocking on every residents door, passing fliers, etc

I pray he's fine and will be found.

13. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to breezyinbk For This Useful Post:

breezy in bk, :Welcome-12-june: and thank you for your helpful post. it is so good to hear that the residents of starrett are assisting in the search for patrick.

as for the foster moms story, it is looking fishier by the minute.

poor patrick. please let us know if you hear anything more from your mom or others in the area.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blue_the_puppy For This Useful Post:

Welcome Breezy and thank you so much for the info.

Do we know what floor the foster family lived on? I see we have narrowed the building to A5.

Thanks,

Salem

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

Welcome to WS breezyinbk:
    Any thoughts on how Patrick got away from foster mom in the lobby of the building?

Do neighbors feel there is something wrong with the foster mom's story?
    Or is the media not telling it correctly?

I hope Patrick is found soon.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

Cops search Mariners Harbor area and monitor man said to be connected to the child's mother
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010
    By JOHN ANNESE
    ADVANCE STAFF WRITER

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- The search for a 7-year-old boy who went missing from his Brooklyn foster home over the weekend extended to Staten Island yesterday, as police searched the Mariners Harbor area last night and kept tabs on a man who sources say is connected to the boy's mother.

The boy, Patrick Alford, didn't turn up as police kept a close watch on Lockman Avenue and nearby Grandview Avenue last night.
    He had been placed with a foster mother in the apartment complex just three weeks prior. His mother, Jennifer Rodriguez, 23, a former West Brighton resident, now lives in New Brighton.

The Brooklyn district attorney's office is also investigating the boy's disappearance, and a spokesman said yesterday that investigators are interviewing the foster mother.

more here

http://www.silive.com/news/advance/i...200.xml&coll=1
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:

This should not be that difficult. Patrick is a 7 year old child. He has no resources of his own. Either someone is helping him and/or hiding him, or something horrible happened. I am glad that they are working and looking for him, but I certainly hope that they are doing a heck of a lot more than just "monitoring" this guy who may or may not have anything to do with it. Patrick needs to be found. Now.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Article from yesterday, but I hadn't seen it yet.

Search For Missing Brooklyn Boy Expands

Brooklyn detectives searched a section of Mariner's Harbor in Staten Island late Monday after reports of a boy fitting the description of 7-year-old Patrick Alford.

Police brought in canine units; the dogs may have picked up the scent but then lost it.

[snip]

"He's a smart kid. I just want to think he's home and safe," added Ortiz.

Police questioned a relative of Alford's at the 120 Precinct Monday night but later released him.

"It doesn't make sense if you ask me personally. It doesn't make sense. I mean you come out here to empty garbage. It doesn't make sense. It's not that far from here. How could he disappear like that?" said neighbor Shamel McKee.

More: http://wcbstv.com/local/brooklyn.boy...2.1450054.html

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Another one from yesterday.

Search Continues For Missing Brooklyn Boy
    Police Think Patrick Alford, 7, Initially Went Looking For Birth Mom

The search continues Tuesday morning for a missing 7-year-old boy who vanished Friday from his Brooklyn foster home.

Local authorities have been working through the night looking for Patrick Alford, searching the hi-rise apartment buildings once known as Starrett City, now called the Spring Creek Development.

Alford had been placed with a foster family in the East New York apartment complex three weeks ago. His biological mother lives in Staten Island and police now think he may have been trying to get back to her.

Carmen Escobar, a neighbor of Alford's foster mother, said of the 7-year-old, "he's a nice little kid. But he wanted to go to his mommy."

More: http://wcbstv.com/local/patrick.alfo...2.1449398.html

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

One from today. This makes me feel better about their efforts. Apparently, Patrick's scent was picked up at a man's house (Omar Ford of Staten Island).

Where Is He? Leads For Missing NYC Boy Go Cold

Helicopters in the air and police dogs on the ground continued the frantic search Tuesday for a missing 7-year-old Brooklyn boy. Patrick Alford was last seen taking out the trash at his foster home over the weekend, and police have now expanded their attempts to find him.

Just by the force of their sheer numbers cop after cop fanning out on the street, helicopters scanning rooftops, police vehicles of every size left and right, and a command post set up on the block the NYPD is making it very clear that they are going all out to find Alford.

More: http://wcbstv.com/local/brooklyn.boy...2.1450832.html

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast