Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: NY - Patrick Alford, 7-year-old "runaway", Brooklyn, 22 Jan 2010 - #1

Quote Originally Posted by webrocket View Post
    The bio mother was locked up for contempt not for kidnapping. The court had reason to believe she knew where the child was but refused to disclose it; hence contempt or disobeying an order of a court.

I think the mother and the aunt each accuse the other for being pathological liars, so it is possible the aunt would want to 'frame' the mother by passing the note.

These people are all crazy. Maybe little Patrick is much better off with a loving foster family. BTW, did you notice that the news is now saying the kids were taken for neglect? It was originally reported that she was going to jail for petty larceny.
    webrocket - why do say these people are all crazy? I don't understand.

If the sister did pass a note to the social worker, than I can not see the sister now hiding the child. That is illogical. Obviously, the sister was concerned about the child and wanting to do the right thing.

Also, I would tend to trust LE's ability to read a perp to a great extend. While I understand that LE is not infallible, they generally have a good idea about most situations - most, not all. If LE thought the mom had Patrick, then I could understand the judge's actions - but without LE backup, I am really confused as to why this judge would lock this mother up.

AND I just can not understand how you lose a child taking the trash out, especially if you didn't even go outside - heck, they didn't even have to go to a different floor. AND they were not on the ground floor where Patrick could have slipped out the door. If he took the stairs - it would have been possible to catch him before he got out and if he took the elevator, it would have been possible to race down the stairs. The whole story is very hinky in my opinion.

JMO of course,

Salem

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

dang...I keep checking on here to see if he's been found safe yet.
    Last edited by DeepThinker; 01-30-2010 at 04:57 AM. Reason: change smiley...er...you know
    This is all my opinion, which is subject to change with more information, if the wind changes direction, or if I wake up in a different mood...

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeepThinker For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DeepThinker View Post
    dang...I keep checking on here to see if he's been found safe yet.
    me too
    I'm actually surprised - thought for sure he'd be home the first night or by the second day

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LadyL For This Useful Post:

I think the foster mom's lying about something and just maybe Patrick was threatening to run away b/c she isn't such a nice person?

Maybe she's lying just to cover her butt for not properly supervising him ... but I do think she's trying to cover up something.

As to the mother & aunt ... I can't make any sense of those two right now.

Any which way it falls, some adults failed Patrick tremendously and I hope he is found safe and placed with a family that actually cares about him.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LadyL For This Useful Post:

A Brooklyn mom jailed in the disappearance of her 7-year-old son still denies she spirited him away from a foster home - but coughed up some addresses where he might be hiding.

The day after he disappeared, Rodriguez knocked on the door of the foster home - even though she supposedly didn't know where he lived, ACS caseworker Carlene Anderson testified Friday.
    Rodriguez had also asked her son in a phone call what public transportation he took while staying with the foster family.
    "The mother was trying to find out how they traveled," the caseworker said.
    Justice for Nevaeh FB Group http://bit.ly/justice4nevaeh

In Memory of Aja D. Johnson:
    http://bit.ly/AjaFacebookGroup

In Memory of Ethan Stacy -
    http://bit.ly/inmemoryofethan

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to darlin gal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RJA00 View Post
    i guess i meant not all drug users harm there child, but sometimes when he state jumps it does scare them to sobriety real fast

yes, i bent over backward for all my foster kids parents even my son bio mom. the ones that wanted the help i helped
    I became sponser, best friend. 2 am calls just to talk
    i learned a lot

i never tried to be better then the bio parents, I did not judge them just tried to help them
    You're amazing, and if all foster parents were like you there would be a lot more success stories.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CHICANA For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by darlin gal View Post
    A Brooklyn mom jailed in the disappearance of her 7-year-old son still denies she spirited him away from a foster home - but coughed up some addresses where he might be hiding.

The day after he disappeared, Rodriguez knocked on the door of the foster home - even though she supposedly didn't know where he lived, ACS caseworker Carlene Anderson testified Friday.
    Rodriguez had also asked her son in a phone call what public transportation he took while staying with the foster family.
    I wonder who was listening to that conversation. Was it one-sided and the foster mom only heard what Patrick said ? She could have asked him what he did that day, and he answered that they took the bus/subway/taxi to the park or wherever. The caseworker stated that the mom was trying to find out how they traveled, which is her opinion only. In real court that the caseworkers opinion wouldn't be interpreted as speculation, not fact.
    She might not even have been the one to hear the conversation.
    IMO, it's totally ridiculous that DCS isn't placing any blame on the foster mom when he disappeared under her supervision, or lack thereof.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CHICANA For This Useful Post:

Just another article on the bio family. BBM.

Jailed mother of missing seven-year-old tells police where to look

ACS, who removed the child from his mother's custody with a finding of neglect, thinks she was involved in his disappearance. ACS caseworker Carlene Anderson testified that Rodriguez both called and visited Alford's foster home, and that she questioned her son about the public transportation route he and his foster mother took to get to ACS offices. Anderson also testified that Blanca Toledo, Rodriguez' aunt, told her during a supervised visit that Rodriguez was planning to kidnap Alford.

[snip]

Police are searching public areas near Alford's foster home, as well as the homes of relatives in Florida and Baltimore. Rodriguez supplied the court with more places to search on Friday, but continues to insist that she doesn't know where he is. McElrath denied bail, at least until the next hearing on Monday.

Meanwhile, there's a small seven-year-old child out there somewhere. If you have any information, the NYPD are asking you to call 1-800-577-TIPS (8477), log on to WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM, or text 274637 (CRIMES) and enter TIP577.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runnin...d_mother_o.php
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by darlin gal View Post

From the same article....

Relatives say they found the foster family's apartment by accident - while handing out missing posters - and that Rodriguez was not with them.

So it was hearsay on the part of the caseworker. Foster mom talked to her and she talked to the court.
    I think she heard what she wanted to hear, they're supposed to do what's in the best interests of the child and the STATE. It's not in the State's best interests to have lost Patrick. Much better that his neglectful mother is at fault.
    I think mom would have 'produced' him by now if she knew where he was. Riker's island doesn't sound pleasant.
    To me it sounds like the entire case for mom being in jail is based on hearsay and opinion.
    Mom could be guilty, but what I've seen doesn't support it.
    Regardless, I think the court is out of line.
    What if the judge ordered one of us to produce a child we didn't have ? And because it was impossible, we would sit in jail indefinitely for being in contempt of an order that we couldn't comply with.
    They're shifting blame and ensuring she can't defend herself. The fact that she's in jail automatically makes her appear guilty to the public. MOO

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...#ixzz0eAKLBYPb
    Last edited by CHICANA; 01-31-2010 at 01:58 AM.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CHICANA For This Useful Post:

Was Patrick really in better hands ?
    This is an old article(and long), but IMO things haven't changed.

http://www.citylimits.org/content/ar...rticle_id=2613

As a caseworker, I was in a unique position to advocate for children and parents when they most needed help. Many of the parents and children I encountered made deep impressions on me, and I established close connections with some of them.
    Many of these families were harassed, their rights systematically violated by ACS. Their children were being swallowed up by an agency that too often operated on virtually unchecked authority, wielded arbitrarily. And I represented that agency.

To become a child protective caseworker, you do not need to have any experience working with children, or demonstrate that you actually want to work with children. No one even asks if you like children.
    Once hired, caseworkers have six weeks of training, where they are taught how to conduct interviews, identify abuse and neglect, and carry out a removal.

----What the ACS supervisor states IMO, represents what is happening in Patrick's case....

Several months before I left the agency, an Emergency Children's Services supervisor who was resigning after more than 10 years blanketed the agency with a stunning email.
    "ACS cares more about statistics than they do about children, forgetting that those statistics represent real children," he wrote. The supervisor had equally harsh words for protective caseworkers: "ACS workers cannot absolve themselves of responsibility for doing wrong removals by blaming them on their supervisors or managers or on agency policy."

BTW, I found the article on this blog.
    http://cpscorruption.blogspot.com/

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to CHICANA For This Useful Post:

Still thinking of Patrick -- where is he????
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Mist View Post
    Still thinking of Patrick -- where is he????
    I too was hoping to come here today and read some good news.
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

I don't know if anyone else has thought of this...I haven't seen it suggested, and don't know if it's even a remote possibility. Is there anything that would point to the caseworker having something to do with this? Like, for instance, she didn't think either party taking care of him was worthy and she took matters into her own hands? MOO
    This is all my opinion, which is subject to change with more information, if the wind changes direction, or if I wake up in a different mood...

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeepThinker For This Useful Post:

Am I understanding this right? The bio mom told them some places to look for Patrick?
    I don't understand why the judge seems to think the bio mom has him but LE doesn't!

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redsky For This Useful Post:

I don't know if anyone else has thought of this...I haven't seen it suggested, and don't know if it's even a remote possibility. Is there anything that would point to the caseworker having something to do with this? Like, for instance, she didn't think either party taking care of him was worthy and she took matters into her own hands? MOO
    Anything is possible! You never know.

Quote Originally Posted by redsky View Post
    Am I understanding this right? The bio mom told them some places to look for Patrick?
    I don't understand why the judge seems to think the bio mom has him but LE doesn't!
    Yep, that's right, redsky. She insists that she does not have him, but gave LE some possibilities of places he could be or people that could have him.

And by the way, :Welcome-12-june: to Websleuths! Glad to have you here!
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

IMO, that's unlikely. I don't think she'd risk her job. She would also be leaving his little sister there.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to CHICANA For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho4Groenes View Post

Yep, that's right, redsky. She insists that she does not have him, but gave LE some possibilities of places he could be or people that could have him.

She's desparate. If she knew where he was I think she would have told when faced with Riker's island or at least after the first night. I don't think her throwing out names means that she took him. She's trying to give them something so she can get out of jail.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CHICANA For This Useful Post:

How old is the sister? I don't remember reading it but may have missed it. Obviously younger than Patrick.
    I believe if bio mom knew who had him for sure, she would tell at this point. I hope he is safe because the alternative makes me sick.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redsky For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho4Groenes View Post

Thank you! I have been reading the site for a long time but finally decided to join!

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redsky For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by redsky View Post
    How old is the sister? I don't remember reading it but may have missed it. Obviously younger than Patrick.
    I believe if bio mom knew who had him for sure, she would tell at this point. I hope he is safe because the alternative makes me sick.
    I think I read she was four. I think bio mom would have talked, it's not looking good.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CHICANA For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CHICANA View Post
    She's desparate. If she knew where he was I think she would have told when faced with Riker's island or at least after the first night. I don't think her throwing out names means that she took him. She's trying to give them something so she can get out of jail.
    I agree with you. I really wish there was more news on Patrick. I hope they are still exploring other options in the search for him.

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Patrick should be in school today....where is he???
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:

A little boy is not missing for 7 days without some sort of help. He has either met some sort of horrible situation, or he's being hidden.

IMO... A 7 year old cannot survive out on the streets in January when NY is in the middle of a major cold spell. It's been so cold here this past week that it's down right Arctic.
    R.I.P Jenni-Lyn Watson

"The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children." ~Dietrich Bonhoeffer
    "From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate." ~Socrates

46. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JLMcKenna83 For This Useful Post:

NYPD big caught in shootout while searching for missing boy

BY Simone Weichelsbaum and Wil Cruz
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Monday, February 1st 2010, 4:00 AM

A top cop at a Brooklyn precinct who was searching for a missing 7-year-old opened fire Sunday night when he found himself in the middle of a gang-related gunfight, police sources said.

Inspector Jeffrey Maddrey, commander at the 75th Precinct, was driving around Miller Ave. in East New York about 6:30 p.m. when he and his driver noticed local punks packing heat, sources said.

Maddrey, 39, who has been on the force since 1991, fired one shot, police said. No one was hit. The unidentified hoodlums - ages 14, 16 and 20 - were arrested and awaiting charges.
    "You know it's getting bad out here when [an inspector] is getting in shootouts," said a police source.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...ssing_boy.html

Prayers for Patrick's safety & quick return!!
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

48. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:

Bumping for Patrick.

50. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast