1213 users online (205 members and 1008 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SC - Aiken Co., WhtMale 152UMSC, 35-40, suicide in motel room, Nov'97

What do you guys think of the comparison between these two men? I think it could be a match. My only concern is the height (although it's only 1 inch off) and the scars.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/152umsc.html

and Dean Dawson:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1962dmny.html

The nose is what gets me. And the JD's connection to New York State.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-12-2012 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphra View Post
    What do you guys think of the comparison between these two men? I think it could be a match. My only concern is the height (although it's only 1 inch off) and the scars.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/152umsc.html

and Dean Dawson:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1962dmny.html

The nose is what gets me. And the JD's connection to New York State.
    The profile is pretty compelling, and they look alike in the direct view too. And this is in comparison to an un-decomposed body.

The circumstances suggest he was suicidal.

A 1" difference in height is insubstantial. My driver's license says I'm 6'0", although I am closer to 5'11".

I'd definitely go with it.

Wow, that does look like a close match, Aphra. Besides the nose, that long long jaw and receding hairline are right. And Dean was possibly despondent and could have become more suicidal.

Nice catch!

I submitted it to the Doe Network match panel. I know Rocky Wells is pretty conservative regarding matches, but I feel uncomfortable submitting it to the police myself. If push comes to shove I will, though. To me it's a pretty good match.

Also, it says the cap on his left front tooth is broken. You can see it in Dawson's photos.

And Dawson is not just from New York, but upstate New York - just as is speculated on the UID.

I think this is a match.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 01-24-2010 at 08:32 PM.

I see the broken cap, too. And upon close examination of the photos, I think I might have noticed some scars on Dawson. But who knows...a year and a half elapsed between the time of disappearance and possible death, so anything could have happened.

Aphra,

Rocky from the Doe is really good about getting back to you about potential matches... I have went to him many of times before I went to LE.

Good Job! The UID and Dean Dawson look very much alike. Hope you get an answer back soon!

I remember when this Doe was found in Aiken... I remember news outlets trying to get the man identified when he was found deceased. Dean Dawson really does resemble the sketch of this Doe... great find Aphra. Hope you hear something back quickly...

Snufamonbobball is offline But O for the touch of the vanished hand & the sound of the voice that is still.
    This is a match I've considered before, but John Doe has brown eyes, and Mr. Dawson has blue. I have confirmed with LE that Mr. Dawson has blue and the decedant had brown. I do understand why you made the connection between the two- they look a lot alike!

My only other potential match for this man (and its a long shot) is John Joseph Simons from Stony Brook, NY.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/simons_john.html
    http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/ga...hp?A200300494S

I have post- mortem photos of John Doe- would you like me to post them? if you would can you add a graphic photo warning in the title?
    The more I get to know some people, the more I like my cats!

well, darn. I was hoping there'd be a match. It was so close.

I was trying to change the topic title, but I'm not sure I can. I've done it before, but this time I can't find any way to do it.

Maybe we should search through some missing Canadians?
    Last edited by Aphra; 01-25-2010 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snufamonbobball View Post
    this is a match i've considered before, but john doe has brown eyes, and mr. Dawson has blue. I have confirmed with le that mr. Dawson has blue and the decedant had brown.
    I know that photos can be deceptive, but zooming in on the three photos, it looks to me like his eyes are brown.

Only the side-view picture looks like they might be blue, but that picture is not clear enough.

DDawson Eye.JPGDDawson Eye2.JPGDDawson Eye3.JPG

Couldn't this be one of those cases where LE keyed wrong data into their MP report? I am not so sure that I would take LE's word for it unless they called in to the family to verify. Everything else fits so well.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 01-25-2010 at 02:43 AM.

I agree with Carl -- everything else is so close that it's worth verifying with LE that the data is correct. Even in the short time I've been trying to do this match thing, I've seen disagreement and errors in eye color.

Snufamonbobball is offline But O for the touch of the vanished hand & the sound of the voice that is still.
    It certainly won't hurt to submit it, the worst outcome is it's not him.

Perhaps a mod could help with the title.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The more I get to know some people, the more I like my cats!

I heard back from Rocky Wells; this match has been considered before but didn't pass the match panel, probably because of what's been discussed here (eye color).

Just looked at the eye color thing. That's pretty compelling. And honestly, it would just be a quick dental comparison to rule it out, since they both have dentals.
    Last edited by Aphra; 01-25-2010 at 05:36 PM.

Carl, you have that classmates.com thing. I could not find this UID in Namus but as per the Doe Network profile the UID had this among his belongings:

A Watertown (NY) Cyclones, Class of '94 duffel bag.

If that was his graduating class, that would put his year of birth around 1976, or make him like 21 y.o. at the time of this guy's suicide, which is considerably below the age range of 30-40.

are there any guys in that graduating class (assuming you can find them) that match the aliases he gave, which were Jeffrey Daniel and Scott Black?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast