2010.01.25 Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
Please use this thread for real time dicussion and reporting of Monday's hearing. Feel free to post links to the coverage online. Many are looking for TV coverage as well, so please post if you have any information.

Please do not post chit chat on this thread before the hearing starts. Those that are unable to follow the hearing really appreciate being able to come here and read what transpired without having to read a lot of extra chatter.

Also media articles with background information might be helpful also.

Thanks in advance for reporting what is going on in real time.

Anthony is set to appear at the Orange County courthouse for hearings on both her murder and fraud cases at 1:30 p.m. Monday.

She then could enter a plea to one or more of the 13 charges she faces for allegedly writing about $650 in bad checks from a friend's account over a seven-day period in July 2008, while her daughter was nowhere to be seen for nearly a month.

snip

If Anthony does enter a guilty or no-contest plea -- and there is no indication the state and defense have agreed to a plea deal -- Strickland will decide whether or not to adjudicate Anthony guilty.

If he withholds adjudication, jurors in the murder trial will not be told she is a convicted felon if she chooses to testify, meaning she could truthfully answer "no" if asked on the stand if she is a convicted felon.

But if Strickland adjudicates her guilty, the jury would then learn she is a felon

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/22329290/detail.html

From Angel Who Cares:

Casey Anthony case: Roy Kronk’s ex-wife may testify at Monday's hearing
January 23, 8:13 PM
<snipped>
The ex-wife of the man who found the remains of 2-year-old Caylee Anthony, may testify at a hearing on Monday.

In Dec. 2008, then-meter reader Roy Kronk discovered the little girl&#8217;s remains in a wooded area near the Anthony family home. Caylee&#8217;s mother, Casey Anthony, is charged with her first-degree murder and Kronk has denied anything to do with the girl&#8217;s death.

His ex-wife Jill Kerley, however, believes Kronk should be considered a suspect in Caylee&#8217;s death, according to WESH 2 News.

Attorney Mark NeJame, who now represents Texas Equusearch, but at one time represented Casey Anthony&#8217;s parents, George and Cindy, and also represented Kronk, believes Casey&#8217;s case may be damaged by trying to paint Kronk as a suspect.

&#8220;I have no doubt. He found Caylee and had nothing to do with the case other than that,&#8221; said NeJame

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2010m1d23-Casey-Anthony-case-Roy-Kronks-exwife-may-testify-at-Mondays-hearing

Yes, it's 246 on Direct TV but they go to discussion/commercials so often that I would also have it pulled up on one of the local stations (WFTV, WESH, Click Orlando, MyFox/Orlando or the Orlando Sentinel).

And it's 204 on Dish Network. :)

Is Guilty Plea Ahead For Casey Anthony?

The Orange County mother is accused of killing her daughter, but first she was accused of check fraud. It is one of two items expected to be discussed this afternoon.
snip
Anthony's hearing will start around 1:30 p.m. at the Orange County Courthouse.
In addition to the check fraud charges, the afternoon hearing is also expected to deal with the circumstances surrounding the discovery of Caylee Anthony's remains.

Casey&#8217;s lawyers want to get sworn testimony from the ex-wife of Roy Kronk, the former meter reader who found the remains of Casey&#8217;s 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, in 2008.
http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/1/25/is_guilty_plea_ahead_for_casey_anthony.html

Oh goody...I'm not late :), thanks for the live links everybody :)

The Defense has arrived

Wow large courtroom today

I think I threw up in my mouth a little bit upon seeing "the team".

in session on trutv just said that both her attorneys will be present in a few minutes and it will be a trial day number 1 or plea today.
should be interesting to see casey today....

I had the speakers way up and thought I heard Linda ask Andrea if they can expect to see a plea today, Andrea nodded and said "I think so".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee