GUILTY MA - Daniel Kerrigan, 70, dies after altercation, Stoneham, 24 Jan 2010

Police are investigating the sudden death of former Olympic skater Nancy Kerrigan's father.

The ice-skating star arrived at her parents' Stoneham home late Sunday morning, making no comment.

Police said earlier, around 1:30 a.m. Sunday morning, a call for help came from the Kerrigan house at 7 Cedar Ave.

The Middlesex County district attorney and Stoneham Police Chief Richard Bongiorno said a man in his 70s "in need of medical assistance" was taken from the residence to Winchester Hospital, where he later died.

More at link:
http://www.thebostonchannel.com/mostpopular/22331473/detail.html

Do you think they will question Tonya Harding re this matter? Sorry I couldn't resist!~

Mark Kerrigan, the son of the deceased, is in police custody.
"He (Mark Kerrigan) stated that he wanted to use the phone and his father would not let him,'' according to a Stoneham police report filed in court. "He said that he struggled with his father and put his hands around his father neck and his father fell to the floor. He said that his father was faking it.''

More at link:
http://blogs.usatoday.com/gameon/2010/01/nancy-kerrigans-father-found-dead.html

45, living at home, fighting with dad over the phone at 1:30 am. Dad is 70 years old.

typical adult child who behaves badly, and the whole family suffers for it.

So, who was it that dad didn't want son to call, *advertiser censored*, gambling? pure speculation on my part.

Breaking dad's heart, dad trying to save son, while son strangles dad, and knocks him in the head with the phone? Dad dies of a broken heart. and at the hands of a violent, impulsive son. more speculation on my part.

"When will they ever learn, when will they everrr learn."

From a song I learned as a child.

I think it's horrible when adult children don't have respect enough to move out to screw their lives up.

jmo

Prayers for the family. Please do yourselves a favor and let him be held accountable for his actions. It may be the best thing you could do for him. moo

Wow. That's gotta s*ck. How do you deal with something like that as a sibling?

BTW I never knew there was a dad. It was always the mother they zoomed in on as the daughter skated. Always having to see the mom.

Perhaps adult brother will use this as a defense/excuse/reason? I beat my dad for a phone because my sister got all the attention. Poor man lives 70 years and then dies like that.

I sure hope the DA ups the charges to murder.

Even if someone has a heart attack and dies during being attacked the perpetrator can be charged in their death.

So sad that so many elderly people are abused by their own families.

imo

With all due respect, isn't Mrs. Kerrigan legally blind? If so, how can she realistically give an accurate account of the incident?

What a darn shame when and adult child takes advantage and abuses their elderly parents!

Prayers for the family.

wm

Wow, this is so sad. It was my senoir year in high school, when the whack on the knee to place. I was a big fan of figure skating then and felt so bad for Nancy. I still remember watching the news and seeing her father carrying her after the attack took place. That was before all of her public miss steps following the olympics. I pray for Nancy and her family. This is heartbreaking.

My heart goes out to Nancy and her mother. Nancy's been through so much in her life! Being attacked right before the Olympics, losing out on the Gold which she deserved, and now her brother kills her father, poor woman...

Mark Kerrigan, Brother of Nancy Kerrigan, Charged with Killing Their Dad in Argument

​Mark Kerrigan, the 45-year-old brother of Olympic skater Nancy Kerrigan, was apparently drinking heavily at the home of his parents in Stoneham, Massachusetts. He'd been living in their basement since he was released from jail two years ago for assault...

So far, Mark's only charged with assault. But we're guessing that will at least get upgraded to manslaughter.

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2010/01/mark_kerrigan_brother_of_nancy.php

Nancy Kerrigan's parents sued son in 2008

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2010/01/nancy_kerrigans.html

WOBURN -- Mark Kerrigan, the brother of skater Nancy Kerrigan, has had a turbulent history with his parents, who sued him for $105,000 in 2008, according to court records.

In court papers at the time, the parents said Mark Kerrigan, who is accused of assaulting his father over the weekend, owed them $105,000 they had spent taking care of his dogs, paying the mortgage on his Wilmington home, and for paying a lawyer who represented him on assault charges in 2006.

When the lawsuit was filed, Mark Kerrigan's address was listed as the Middlesex County House of Correction in Billerica, where was serving a sentence for a 2006 assault conviction, records show. He was released from county prison last Nov. 22.

Nancy Kerrigan's parents sued son in 2008

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2010/01/nancy_kerrigans.html

WOBURN -- Mark Kerrigan, the brother of skater Nancy Kerrigan, has had a turbulent history with his parents, who sued him for $105,000 in 2008, according to court records.

In court papers at the time, the parents said Mark Kerrigan, who is accused of assaulting his father over the weekend, owed them $105,000 they had spent taking care of his dogs, paying the mortgage on his Wilmington home, and for paying a lawyer who represented him on assault charges in 2006.

When the lawsuit was filed, Mark Kerrigan's address was listed as the Middlesex County House of Correction in Billerica, where was serving a sentence for a 2006 assault conviction, records show. He was released from county prison last Nov. 22.

Apparently even after all this, they still let him to move in with them. He is described as unemployed and living with his parents.

What a sad story. I have elderly parents and a problem sibling. I am continuously amazed how they never hold my sibling accountable for anything. I don't get it, but I see this going on in my life every day. We've talked about a restraining order ... reporting this member to SRS, but when it comes down to it, my parents won't hold my sibling accountable. They are reaping what they sowed and it's sad.

My thoughts and prayers are with Mr. Kerrigan's family.

I've attended a couple of social functions where Nancy was present. One time I was chatting with a group of people and Nancy walked over. She happened to be standing next to me, so I said "hello." She'd just announced that she was pregnant with her first child, so I said something along the line, "Congratulations ... and your life is going to get very interesting once you have a baby." Mommy talk. lol Nancy looked at me and said, "My life is already interesting." Ok, whatever.

One time when we were staying in a hotel, her and her husband were also at the same hotel. We were in the bar one evening and in trotted Nancy's husband and then Nancy ... who was about 15 paces behind her. I thought that was interesting. He walked over to a TV and was looking at a hockey game that was being played. She just stood there and then he walked off and she followed him out the door.

I am sorry to hear about her father. We always saw her mom, but I don't recall ever hearing much about her father.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back