Theories discussion: What could have happened to Haleigh ? #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
What could have happened to Haleigh?
After almost a year my theory hasn't changed... I suspect she got caught up in an altercation between Ron C and Misty or Ron C and someone else and unfortunately she paid the ultimate price...I suspect the coverup went into play immediately to keep him from going to jail and losing custody of Jr...
Now almost a year later, they are still not telling the truth about what really happened to Haleigh because they are all somehow involved in the coverup... JMO

I also think that Haleigh got between Ron and someone he was fighting with, could be Misty or maybe even Joe. I do however think that the gun story has a lot to do with what happened to Haleigh. I have heard different stories on the timeline on when Misty retreived the gun from the driveway culvert. The last I read, Misty found the gun on the day that Haleigh was reported missing. It is amazing to me that Ron was so interested in that gun that day.

Without having rc's work hours, I am at a loss. My original thought was Misty harmed Haleigh in a fit of rage but it was a soft kill, perhaps drowning or drugs. She disposed of her and told rc that Haleigh died accidentally through use of some drugs of his. He immediately went into cover mode to protect himself from being charged with negligence and losing jr. From the very beginning, it appeared that EVERY step and word they chose was geared toward a normal, loving family. That is what they wanted people to believe ..... all for ron's sake.

.......That is my first theory..... one where rc was at work and accounted for from 3:30pm to 3:00am. When and if I ever get confirmation on his hours, I may change the theory.

I think I have a pretty good theory as to what happened to Haleigh, even though I wish it was different, I believe this is what happened.... I think Ron went to work, I think that sometime before 8, Haleigh got into their stash of Oxy's. I think When Misty talked to Ron Haleigh was vomiting and getting really sick. I think that is what Misty and Ron were fighting about.. More of a panic thing, Like OMG what do we do, we can't take her to the hospital, we will go to jail, all that, Haleigh dies. Ron calls Tommy explains to him tells him go to the trailor get Haleigh and get rid of her, I have to stay at work so I can have an alibi. Tommy goes to the house gets Haleigh and disposes of her somewhere, where he messes up the van, the reason I think Tommy got rid of Haleigh is because, Ron figured if Misty didn't know where Haliegh was then she could honestly say I don't know where "that little girl is". I think Misty stayed there probably cleaned up vomit, and other bodily fluids, and when Ron got home, they called and staged the whole abduction thing. With this theory alot of things make more since. Ron being at work, the phone calls, Tommy's trip to the house, and Misty sticking by the story she doesn't know where Haleigh is, this would also explain Ron's devotion to Misty and Misty's to Ron, they both are at fault but they have to stick up for each other. I think Tommy is a drug partner somehow so I could picture Ron telling Tommy you are in this to if we go down your going down to and you lose your wife and your kids, so get rid of Haleigh, or your going down to.

I also think that Haleigh got between Ron and someone he was fighting with, could be Misty or maybe even Joe. I do however think that the gun story has a lot to do with what happened to Haleigh. I have heard different stories on the timeline on when Misty retreived the gun from the driveway culvert. The last I read, Misty found the gun on the day that Haleigh was reported missing. It is amazing to me that Ron was so interested in that gun that day.

It's interesting that you bring up cousin Joe. A couple of weeks ago, I started reading the very first thread about this case as news was unfolding. So many of the news reports were reporting that a cousin was at the MH. There were a lot of contradictions in the reporting and that could have been because of the neverending changes in the storyline from the players, IDK. I just found it odd that it was first reported that a cousin was at the MH and then it was dropped.

If I remember correctly, Joe left immediately for Tennessee. So if Haleigh died that night, her body could have been left anywhere between her home and Joe's home in Tennessee. That might be a reason they might not want it known that he had been there.

IIRC there were photos of Misty hanging up flyers with Joe.

I have two theories. Both of them involve Ron, Misty and drugs.

The first is that Haleigh got a hold of something and overdosed. Everything after that has been their attempt at coverup. I don't rule out that the grandmothers know what happened.

The other is that Ron/Misty owed someone drug money and that person or persons came in and took Haleigh as payment.

These arrests just confirmed for me that the drugs played a major role in whatever happened to Haleigh.

I have two theories. Both of them involve Ron, Misty and drugs.

The first is that Haleigh got a hold of something and overdosed. Everything after that has been their attempt at coverup. I don't rule out that the grandmothers know what happened.

The other is that Ron/Misty owed someone drug money and that person or persons came in and took Haleigh as payment.

These arrests just confirmed for me that the drugs played a major role in whatever happened to Haleigh.

once a drug dealer, intent on making Ron/Misty pay for drug money owed, Misty was the more likely victim and she wasn't touched. Haleigh was the one who disappeared, and I'm guessing, given a chance to get who owed them, or some little kid, this scenario would have had Misty taken out of that home, that night. I have since left this one behind, since Misty was readily available to take.

once a drug dealer, intent on making Ron/Misty pay for drug money owed, Misty was the more likely victim and she wasn't touched. Haleigh was the one who disappeared, and I'm guessing, given a chance to get who owed them, or some little kid, this scenario would have had Misty taken out of that home, that night. I have since left this one behind, since Misty was readily available to take.

But what if Misty wasn't home when he came for payment? And I'm not trying to argue this one with you debs, just throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks.

Or what if yeah, he could have taken Misty but what would cut you more deeply? If someone took your girlfriend of a few weeks/months or if someone took your "heart?"

When this story first broke, my first thought was a copycat crime. The Casey Anthony case was all over the news with reports of how many donations were being received.

Then there were reports of numerous sex offenders in the area and I thought surely one of them had taken Haleigh.

Then there was cousin Joe, who Misty had accused of "messing with her" and made him sound like a sex offender. When he left town, I thought he would have the perfect chance to hide Haleigh along the way.

Then you have to look at the possible theory of the Sheffield family taking and hiding Haleigh because of the back child support and various other issues on that side of the family.

Then you have to look at the drugs involved around Misty (jailhouse letter, accusations of her 3-day drug binge, interviews with NayNay and WBG, etc.).

Finally, the strangest thing to me in this case was Ron's quick dismissal of possible scenarios as to what happened that night. We're all aware of the inconsistencies of the timeline, but I'm referring to things like:

The door must have been unlocked because there was no forced entry. No, RC was positive that door was locked. Why? Why not think it possible that someone (Misty, A/C man) could have unlocked that door?

Then you have RC denying absolutely anything to do with cousin Joe. No, Joe was not there, no, there was no gun issue.

Then, when RCjr came out with a "man in black" RC immediately dismissed it. Why? Why not think that could be a possible lead?

Then when confronted with the possibility that Misty could be lying, Ron is adamant that any inconsistencies she has told are small and along the same lines of the original story (whichever one that could possibly be, who knows). He's also adamant that she was home that night. Why? When he knew darn good and well he had placed some 20 calls trying to find her.

Then you have RC calling Tommy, asking him if he knows where Misty is, but yet he denies asking Tommy to go check on her? Why is that a big deal?

I just think that RC has a scenario in his mind as to what happened, or what he wants everyone to believe happened and doesn't want to deviate from that scenario. In doing so, he looks very suspect to me.

I'll have to state my final theory in another post. I've taken up way too much space in this one already. LOL

It's just been bugging me as to why Ron would quickly dismiss so many possibilities as what could have happened to his child. How can he be so confident of anything in this case? And why?

If I remember correctly, Joe left immediately for Tennessee. So if Haleigh died that night, her body could have been left anywhere between her home and Joe's home in Tennessee. That might be a reason they might not want it known that he had been there.

Annie, Joe did not drive his own car and didn't leave Satsuma immediately for TN because he was still around on Tuesday and he slipped over to C & T's place to collect his belongings before leaving with Jenny, the female who drove Joe to Satsuma. I also heard Joe was putting up HaLeigh's posters in a convenience store. It is possible Joe hid HaLeigh's body somewhere between Satsuma and TN but if it is true Joe left with Jenny, he may have a solid alibi to cover up any foul deeds. Joe could only leave immediately if he had his own vehicle, took the bus,or hitchhiked, but apparently he left with Jenny and we don't know how soon Jenny was able to pack up and leave Satsuma to accommodate Joe. Jenny drove a blue Cadillac and it is more than likely hers was one of the vehicles LE tested. Joe's purpose for being in Satsuma remains a mystery and I suspect Joe was selling illegal drugs along with the others.

The blue van was driven out of town Monday by members of the Croslin family and Chelsea suspects Joe drove the blue van and returned it after she went to bed in her own home.

I read in one of the documents Joe claims he is being setup and had nothing to do with HaLeigh's disappearance.

Just to throw this out there...

What about TN's comment early on in the case about Ron having enough money for a down payment on a house? How does that comment fit into anyone's theories? That comment has always bothered me, especially the way it just seemed to come out of nowhere.

I thought it might have been a backhanded way of letting a kidnapper know that we've got some money for a ransom or to pay Ron's drug debts or whatever.

On the other hand it might just have been a strategy to make him look more responsible for the custody case. You know, a father who is working hard and saving money for a proper home for his kids...

I thought it might have been a backhanded way of letting a kidnapper know that we've got some money for a ransom or to pay Ron's drug debts or whatever.

On the other hand it might just have been a strategy to make him look more responsible for the custody case. You know, a father who is working hard and saving money for a proper home for his kids...

Those are the same reasons I thought too. :) At the moment, I'm leaning towards it being more in line with your last idea. It was just weird the way that comment was just throw out there from out of nowhere, IMO. But, with what we know now compared to when that comment was made, it makes more sense to me that it was part of the "make Ron look good" strategy. JMHO

If we only knew? So many what if's...What if Misty really was passed out...Tommy really does go to check after Ron calls...Misty doesn't wake up,but Haleigh answers the door...Tommy grabs her and the unthinkable happened..What if cousin Joe comes by....Misty is passed out and grabs the child?..If these two scenarios happened and only involved one person then we may never know..they will never tell..however if more than one person was involved we will know..someone is going to spill..The only true secret will be if only one person was involved,and has told no one!!

Those are the same reasons I thought too. :) At the moment, I'm leaning towards it being more in line with your last idea. It was just weird the way that comment was just throw out there from out of nowhere, IMO. But, with what we know now compared to when that comment was made, it makes more sense to me that it was part of the "make Ron look good" strategy. JMHO

Me too... Mainly because I can't really see the reason for being so backhanded. Even if they thought it was about Ron's drug debts I see no reason in particular why Teresa couldn't have said "if it's a ransom you're after we can pay you one, we don't have much money but we'll give you whatever we have, we just want Haleigh back and no questions asked" or something like that. It wouldn't have implicated anybody in anything.

It's interesting that you bring up cousin Joe. A couple of weeks ago, I started reading the very first thread about this case as news was unfolding. So many of the news reports were reporting that a cousin was at the MH. There were a lot of contradictions in the reporting and that could have been because of the neverending changes in the storyline from the players, IDK. I just found it odd that it was first reported that a cousin was at the MH and then it was dropped.

In the very beginning Misty was called a "cousin" probably because Ron didn't want anyone to think that he was shagging an underage kid. Then the name was switched from cousin to babysitter then finally the Cummings admitted that Misty was not a cousin, nor just a babysitter but was actually Ron's underage, livein girlfriend. The discussion about Cousin Joe is a stand alone story.

Just to throw this out there...

What about TN's comment early on in the case about Ron having enough money for a down payment on a house? How does that comment fit into anyone's theories? That comment has always bothered me, especially the way it just seemed to come out of nowhere.

When did TN make this statement about having enough money for a down payment on a house? Was it after the donations started rolling in or just when was it?

It has been stated somewhere here on WS that Ron was behind on the rental he was in at the time of Haleigh's disappearance, but I don't know if that's a fact. I've always wondered about that because if it's true, hadn't he only lived there two months? How could you already be behind in lease payments when most landlords require the first and last month's payments in advance? Unless this was after he decided to live in the tent and simply quit paying on the MH?

So my question is, if he had enough money for a down payment on a house, why would he be behind in rent?

Setting aside those questions above and depending on when TN stated this about money for a down payment on a home, I think she was probably trying to make him look like a responsible parent. IMO, he was probably getting donations and TN was hopeful he might use it toward a down payment on a home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam