Dog Rescue Debate

I see absolutely nothing wrong with them doing this hoooray to them!!!

They definitely did the right thing, even if the dog then bit the guy, lol. If it were my dog, I'd want them to do it. Good for them!

What were they supposed to do let the poor dog die? That would be awful. Thank god the dog is ok.

If anything they received on the job training and practice for when a human rescue is needed. It was quite impressive. No defense or explanation for their actions needed IMO.

Is the dog homeless? The problem is, if the dog is a biter, it might be put to sleep anyway. At least when I watch the animal planet, the dogs who are biters are put to sleep even after they have been rescued from some horrible conditions.

When dogs bite, the situation is taken into account. I can't imagine anyone considering this one bite (on a man who was grabbing for him as he dangled from a helicopter) to indicate anything other than self-defense in a poor, highly stressed and petrified doggy.

I don't see anything wrong with this rescue.

HLN reported that it didn't cost anything extra. And as long as they didn't put any humans in danger by making them wait for a rescue by doing this, I don't see a problem with it.

Glad that this adorable dog was rescued.

When dogs bite, the situation is taken into account. I can't imagine anyone considering this one bite (on a man who was grabbing for him as he dangled from a helicopter) to indicate anything other than self-defense in a poor, highly stressed and petrified doggy.

If he goes to a shelter, they will test him. If he is a biter they will probably put him down.
At least that's what is done on the animal planet shows I watch.

If he goes to a shelter, they will test him. If he is a biter they will probably put him down.
At least that's what is done on the animal planet shows I watch.

I saw him on a morning show and he was being pet yy 3 people and he was smiling:)

They received thousands of calls from people willing to adopt him...they're waiting 5 days to see if his owner will claim him first.

Yes even the rescuer said he didn't blame the dog because he was clearly scared and having some guy from a helicopter coming down on you added to his fear. It was a natural response to the situation.

If someone truly complains about the fire department rescuing this dog then I would have to wonder if that person had a true heart.

I saw him on a morning show and he was being pet yy 3 people and he was smiling:)

They received thousands of calls from people willing to adopt him...they're waiting 5 days to see if his owner will claim him first.

I hope that the thousands of people who want to adopt this dog will consider adopting another animal, since all of them can't have him. There are plenty of animals out there that need to be adopted.

Also I heard that one of the reasons the fire department went for the rescue was to ward off any individual who may see the dog out there and try to rescue the dog and die trying. Makes sense to me. If I saw a dog in that position, I'd go into a panic but wouldn't be brave enough to approach the dog in that circumstance - but my husband?????

How did the fire dept. know about the dog? Did someone call them?

I applaud the firefighter for going in and saving that poor scared dog. That video warmed my heart.

If someone truly complains about the fire department rescuing this dog then I would have to wonder if that person had a true heart.
Amen to that, Tricia!! I've seen the video of the rescue, and the interview Firefighter St. Georges did the next day and to me, he is a hero for risking his life for "Vernon". :clap: :clap: Thank goodness this beautiful dog is doing ok now, and hopefully will have a new home if his owners aren't located.

I watched as they rescued that dog and I must say I was so scared for that dog as if it had been a human. I am soooooo glad they saved him/her.

Yippeee....and God Bless them for rescuing the dog :)

I hope more people will adopt rescue dogs

I know I live in a nutty place but we have special Pet equipment on EMT/Firetrucks

when news is slow our local stations like to show heart tugging video of a kitten or dog with a oxygen mask on being worked on by emt's...I applaud them

we had some grant and we got masks for "flat" faced dogs (like a bull dog) and pointy faced dogs like a shepherd and we have them for little dogs and cats

I think it is a wonderful thing and more places should do this

Sorry this was a glitch it posted twice

still very glad the dog is ok :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member