Possible match Alphabetical List of Cases Submitted That Can't Be Ruled Out

Earthbound Misfit I

Justice for Kimberly Shawn Cheatham
Reaction score
BEARD, Rebecca Jean - There is no DNA family reference on file for Rebecca. If and when a DNA family reference sample is submitted, a request will be made for a comparison to Princess Blue.
Submitted Rebecca Jean Beard - Missing Since: 3/1/1986 from Freeport, TX - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

FINLEY, Tina Marie - Note by Medical Examiner: I cannot exclude this potential match. I will follow-up with TX missing person’s clearinghouse. I need some sort of antemortem record, e.g. dental records, to compare the two.
Submitted Tina Marie Finley Missing Since 03/07/1988 from Idaho - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

***New Information on Anna as of 5/4/2010***

MALLARI, Anna Jovita- The process to obtain DNA from Anna Mallari’s relatives is in the works. This could take up to 6 months once the samples are received, processed and completed for comparison to Princess Blue.
***Update on Anna as of 8/25/2010***
I checked with TXMPCH and there still has been no verification as to whether Anna Jovita MALLARI is or is not a match to Princess Blue.
Submitted Anna Jovita Mallari - Missing Since: 12/1/1988 from El Paso, TX - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
***Update on Anna as of 1/12/2011***
I checked on this on 1/12/2011 and there is still nothing new to report.

I'm hoping for the best for Princess Blue and Anna Jovita Mallari

I think Rebecca Jean Beard was much too tall in comparison to Princess Blue. 5'-5"-5"6' vs 4'11"-5'3". I have also met a member of her family and I am very much lead to believe there are no immediate relatives of African-American descent.

Ruled out as being Princess Blue
JONES, Theresa Vernelle
She was identified as being
League City White Female Skeletal 35UFTX 21-29 gapped teeth Feb. 86 Audrey L. Cook

Last edited:
I went through every person who graduated in the class of 1975 from Robert E Lee High School, searching last names in the NamUs MP database and TX DPS Missing Persons Clearhouse, with no luck. It doesn't seem that the class ring is relative in regards to Princess Blue's identity in that aspect, but I could be wrong! I've been pouring over the MP cases, where the ring could have come from, etc. for quite a while now and I'm stumped. Still holding out hope for Princess Blue regaining her identity in the future, though!

Hi Emily,
It's great to see your post here, we are pretty certain that the ring doesn't belong to Princess Blue, it could have belonged to an older sister, her mom, an aunt, a sister-in-law, ie. or it could have been something she picked up somewhere because she liked it or maybe made her appear older than she was. I wonder if forensic DNA analysis will ever be a method of identifying Princess Blue? I know her remains are still being held at the UNT in case new advances in technology occur. I don't understand why all they have as ways to identify her are dentals, DNA and sketches. Why haven't they tried other means to identify her? They still have so much more they can do. I do believe her case will solved.

I went through every person who graduated in the class of 1975 from Robert E Lee High School, searching last names in the NamUs MP database and TX DPS Missing Persons Clearhouse, with no luck. It doesn't seem that the class ring is relative in regards to Princess Blue's identity in that aspect, but I could be wrong! I've been pouring over the MP cases, where the ring could have come from, etc. for quite a while now and I'm stumped. Still holding out hope for Princess Blue regaining her identity in the future, though!

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve been attempting to track down the other jewelry in hopes of at least being able to narrow down a possible region to look more closely at, rather than the entire U.S.

An odd thing for me is why the ring was sized up twice. Who really continues to wear their class ring through such a long period that it requires resizing? Surely they would notice it gone or know that it was theirs (if they were alive at the time). It would be nice to be able to really cross off irrelevant information or items and get a clearer picture of who she may be.

The moment I read about Princess Blue, I felt a tug on my heart, and she’s been the focus of my search efforts since then. Maybe it’s the proximity (I live pretty close to Manvel) that’s drawn me to her case, but I feel like I can’t give up on her.

If they ran her DNA against the database of ancestry/genetic services samples, they could get some type of relevant results to point them in the right direction. Even if nothing came of that, there HAS to be more that can be done with the advances made in the past 30 years.

I didn't want to rule out Rebecca LEMKE BEARD when there wasn't any dentals and no DNA available, now there is DNA available so that means she would be ruled out as being Princess Blue.

I think Rebecca Jean Beard was much too tall in comparison to Princess Blue. 5'-5"-5"6' vs 4'11"-5'3". I have also met a member of her family and I am very much lead to believe there are no immediate relatives of African-American descent.

This post is incorrect. Theresa Vernelle JONES was not identified as being League City white female skeletal 35UFTX 21-29 gapped teeth, that unidentified female is Audrey L. Cook found in the Killing Fields February 0f 1986.

Ruled out as being Princess Blue
JONES, Theresa Vernelle
She was identified as being
League City White Female Skeletal 35UFTX 21-29 gapped teeth Feb. 86 Audrey L. Cook

Jewelry/Clothing found with Princess Blue's remains

Here is a thread about the jewelry found with Princess Blue.
one of the things that has made finding out who the original owner of the ring was the information about the REL class ring is the info about the class ring wasn't released until 2006, Princess Blue was located in 1990, that's a lot of time that passed between the time the ring was issued, to the time PB was located, until 2006 when LE releases the information about the class ring.

I’ve been attempting to track down the other jewelry in hopes of at least being able to narrow down a possible region to look more closely at, rather than the entire U.S.

An odd thing for me is why the ring was sized up twice. Who really continues to wear their class ring through such a long period that it requires resizing? Surely they would notice it gone or know that it was theirs (if they were alive at the time). It would be nice to be able to really cross off irrelevant information or items and get a clearer picture of who she may be.

The moment I read about Princess Blue, I felt a tug on my heart, and she’s been the focus of my search efforts since then. Maybe it’s the proximity (I live pretty close to Manvel) that’s drawn me to her case, but I feel like I can’t give up on her.

I'm not sure if it's been done already, but I hadn't seen a color version of her sketch so I played around with it a little. It makes it a little easier for me when I'm comparing her sketch to photos.
Princess Blue 2.jpg

There was a girl in the REL Class of 75-yearbook with the surname BEARD. We had wondered if she could be a relation to Rebecca Jean BEARD, Rebecca was one of the girls we were getting DNA compared to Princess Blue it turned out there was no match. It was worth trying though.

I went through every person who graduated in the class of 1975 from Robert E Lee High School, searching last names in the NamUs MP database and TX DPS Missing Persons Clearinghouse, with no luck. It doesn't seem that the class ring is relative in regards to Princess Blue's identity in that aspect, but I could be wrong! I've been pouring over the MP cases, where the ring could have come from, etc. for quite a while now and I'm stumped. Still holding out hope for Princess Blue regaining her identity in the future, though!

I finally got a chance to speak with S***yl Kelly and, my word, she is such a sweet lady! <modsnip> she ordered her class ring when everyone else did, but never received it. She isn't sure if her mother got it and got rid of it, or what, but she knows that she ordered a size 7 or 7.5.

<modsnip>

This post lands at random and is just a reminder for newer members who may not know, and more veteran members who may have forgotten.

Unidentified and Unclaimed Forum Suggestions & Guidelines **REQUIRED READING**

Contacting family members directly would be considered inserting oneself into a case and is a violation of our Rules, Guidelines & Best Practices. It's just not a good idea and best left to the officials. There are many reasons for this rule, but one of the most important of which is, that we don't know if a family member might be considered a person of interest. Please leave this decision to the officials working the case, or at the very least, ask permission to contact family members.

Has Christina M. Monteiro been suggested before? She's on the taller and older end of PB's estimated ranges. I know Doe Network says that her case may be linked to the homicides of 10 other women in that region between 1988-1989, which is why I initially passed her over, but her resemblance to PB's sketch keeps coming back to me.

The Doe Network: Case File 2128DFMA
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Edit: Forgot to mention that Christina's Doe Network page doesn't mention DNA being available, only dental charting/information.

Attachments

• Christina Monteiro.png
    Christina Monteiro.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I haven't been on Princess Blue's for many, many moons now, I don't know if it is because I had a major burnout or because the core group of us left for greener pastures. I know I have missed some of their dialog since I have been off the PB forum but I don't think Christina's name came up in any of their conversations. If you haven't already I would submit her to NamUs as a possible match. It says it had already found all 10 remains but maybe there was actually more (Christina) remains and they just don't know it? Maybe Christina made it all the way to Texas?

Has Christina M. Monteiro been suggested before? She's on the taller and older end of PB's estimated ranges. I know Doe Network says that her case may be linked to the homicides of 10 other women in that region between 1988-1989, which is why I initially passed her over, but her resemblance to PB's sketch keeps coming back to me.

The Doe Network: Case File 2128DFMA
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Edit: Forgot to mention that Christina's Doe Network page doesn't mention DNA being available, only dental charting/information.

The possible link to the other victims in that area would make her the first victim, if I'm remembering the timeline correctly. The first that they've confirmed as linked wasn't killed/found until 1989. For LE to say that they think she could be linked is significant, but the fact that the 10 other women were found "easily" and Christina's remains weren't found in that area, makes me think that maybe she could have possibly hitchhiked her way over to the Houston area. For what reason, I haven't the slightest clue.

My biggest hang-up with her being a possible match is that she was a heroin addict.
1) PB's case noted no opioids found in the bone marrow. BUT I've read several research studies on the dose-death interval and how it affects levels of the drug detectable in skeletal tissue, and the time between death and testing having a possible effect on whether they can be detected.
2) Habitual opioid use has been known to "age" the bones of the user to make them appear forensically older than their true age. Depending on how long, how often, etc. she used, her remains may not have been dated as being that of a younger or similarly aged young woman.

I haven't been on Princess Blue's for many, many moons now, I don't know if it is because I had a major burnout or because the core group of us left for greener pastures. I know I have missed some of their dialog since I have been off the PB forum but I don't think Christina's name came up in any of their conversations. If you haven't already I would submit her to NamUs as a possible match. It says it had already found all 10 remains but maybe there was actually more (Christina) remains and they just don't know it? Maybe Christina made it all the way to Texas?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back