1118 users online (240 members and 878 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Exclamation 2010.1.25 Baez on Jane Velez Mitchell tonight. HLN

Just saw her talking and she said he will on her show tonight.

Hope this okay to post here.
    Last edited by JBean; 01-25-2010 at 08:10 PM. Reason: date

She's ashamed of what she did to Amy, put has no problems about not reporting her daughter missing ????

Treated like every other person...

BUT she's NOT like everyone. She had a child "missing" and NEVER reported it.

Give me a break.

Probably the most sober I've seen JB - certainly more eloquent than his court room performance. Despite JVMs initial hyperbole, she's actually asking some fairly pointed questions - far more incisive that the typical morning show soft-balls.

This is going to trial. Per JB

Well, that was quick, and he never answered her question, no surprise there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sleutherontheside View Post
    This is going to trial. Per JB
    Interesting to note that he claimed her to be "not guilty" as opposed to his usual "innocent." Definetly beginning to see painting her as "poor sad girl." I think the coaching all around is showing results.

Casey Anthony says she wishes she had been a better friend, she meant she wishes Amy had been a better friend, and not reported her.

In principle what JB says is true but things are not black and white. He's so upset about the $5,000 fee being charged KC but how much has KC's case cost the taxpayers of FL thus far? When citizens hear about all the lies and diversions in this case, they loose their sympathetic hearts imo.

Normally a person under these same charges would come into courtroom that day for their case to be heard. Hers is not the same imo.

Quote Originally Posted by grammieto5 View Post
    She's ashamed of what she did to Amy, put has no problems about not reporting her daughter missing ????
    Do we think we'll ever hear her say that she wishes she had been a better mother? Not that words change anything - too little too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Woe.be.gone View Post
    Do we think we'll ever hear her say that she wishes she had been a better mother? Not that words change anything - too little too late.

What we might hear (under her breath) "I wish I had not used that damn duct tape."

In principle what JB says is true but things are not black and white. He's so upset about the $5,000 fee being charged KC but how much has KC's case cost the taxpayers of FL thus far? When citizens hear about all the lies and diversions in this case, they loose their sympathetic hearts imo.

Normally a person under these same charges would come into courtroom that day for their case to be heard. Hers is not the same imo.
    I agree. Moreover, how exactly would the mount a defense? Video evidence not withstanding, who could they call as character witnesses, for example? Her parents? Her friends? Can you imagine the fall out on cross? (Legal eagles correct me if I'm wrong.) She stood a very good chance of doing a great deal of time seeing that this "single" act was in fact a culmination of a long history and one likely to be repeated.

In fact, I think tactically they got a very good, if not best, result considering the circumstances
    Last edited by BigFatMommyDog; 01-25-2010 at 08:36 PM.

That is what I would really like to hear, some "complete and full responsibility" for Caylee's death. Now that would impress me. Her "sorry" to Amy, doesn't mean a thing...totally scripted.

So, if Casey always felt bad for writing checks etc., why did it take her since October 14, 2008 to take a plea? All those motions, hearing, back and forth "yuck" and all along she knew she did it and was sorry.

They could have gotten the check fraud case out of the way before 2008 ended and could have spent 100% of their time on the murder trial.

Going to trial, hummm. And how will she explain selling pictures of her deceased child to pay for her defense....I'm innocent but I sold my child's pictures because I did not want to tell the truth....or, I'm not innocent but I sold my child's pictures because I did not want to tell the truth and really did not care. Either way, in front of a jury, it will rip many of their hearts out. I know it does mine.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast