2010.1.25 Baez on Jane Velez Mitchell tonight. HLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krisy

Reaction score
Just saw her talking and she said he will on her show tonight.

Hope this okay to post here.

She's ashamed of what she did to Amy, put has no problems about not reporting her daughter missing ????

Treated like every other person...

BUT she's NOT like everyone. She had a child "missing" and NEVER reported it.

Give me a break.:banghead:

Probably the most sober I've seen JB - certainly more eloquent than his court room performance. Despite JVMs initial hyperbole, she's actually asking some fairly pointed questions - far more incisive that the typical morning show soft-balls.

Well, that was quick, and he never answered her question, no surprise there!!!

This is going to trial. Per JB

Interesting to note that he claimed her to be "not guilty" as opposed to his usual "innocent." Definetly beginning to see painting her as "poor sad girl." I think the coaching all around is showing results.

Casey Anthony says she wishes she had been a better friend, she meant she wishes Amy had been a better friend, and not reported her.

In principle what JB says is true but things are not black and white. He's so upset about the $5,000 fee being charged KC but how much has KC's case cost the taxpayers of FL thus far? :waitasec: When citizens hear about all the lies and diversions in this case, they loose their sympathetic hearts imo.

Normally a person under these same charges would come into courtroom that day for their case to be heard. Hers is not the same imo.

She's ashamed of what she did to Amy, put has no problems about not reporting her daughter missing ????

Do we think we'll ever hear her say that she wishes she had been a better mother? Not that words change anything - too little too late.

Do we think we'll ever hear her say that she wishes she had been a better mother? Not that words change anything - too little too late.

What we might hear (under her breath) "I wish I had not used that damn duct tape."

In principle what JB says is true but things are not black and white. He's so upset about the $5,000 fee being charged KC but how much has KC's case cost the taxpayers of FL thus far? :waitasec: When citizens hear about all the lies and diversions in this case, they loose their sympathetic hearts imo.

Normally a person under these same charges would come into courtroom that day for their case to be heard. Hers is not the same imo.

I agree. Moreover, how exactly would the mount a defense? Video evidence not withstanding, who could they call as character witnesses, for example? Her parents? Her friends? Can you imagine the fall out on cross? (Legal eagles correct me if I'm wrong.) She stood a very good chance of doing a great deal of time seeing that this "single" act was in fact a culmination of a long history and one likely to be repeated.

In fact, I think tactically they got a very good, if not best, result considering the circumstances

That is what I would really like to hear, some "complete and full responsibility" for Caylee's death. Now that would impress me. Her "sorry" to Amy, doesn't mean a thing...totally scripted.

So, if Casey always felt bad for writing checks etc., why did it take her since October 14, 2008 to take a plea? All those motions, hearing, back and forth "yuck" and all along she knew she did it and was sorry. :crazy:

They could have gotten the check fraud case out of the way before 2008 ended and could have spent 100% of their time on the murder trial.

Going to trial, hummm. And how will she explain selling pictures of her deceased child to pay for her defense....I'm innocent but I sold my child's pictures because I did not want to tell the truth....or, I'm not innocent but I sold my child's pictures because I did not want to tell the truth and really did not care. Either way, in front of a jury, it will rip many of their hearts out. I know it does mine.

A "better friend". What a hollow thing to say. KC is no ones friend she is a user and if she could think of a way to blame Amy for Caylee's murder she would.

Her statement was a carefully crafted "soundbite" to create the illusion of accepting responsibility for what she "has done" without saying "for robbing Amy blind". She took responsibility but did not say the words........."I stole". She entered a plea, accepted sentencing, and stated she wished she "had been a better friend". That statement was made in order to begin the "humanization process". Had she simply stated..."yes I did it, I accept responsibility, and I know I was wrong"......it would not have "humanized her". She apologized to her "former BFF" so that she could demonstrate that she sees Amy as a person, with feelings, that she took advantage of. It's all spin.....nothing more...nothing less. Mark my words.....her "apology for not being a better friend" is 100% self serving. The defense knew the public was clammoring to hear a comment. They had to make one that would support their belief that KC has feelings and that hers is a life worth saving.

JMO

It infuriated me when he said that KC always wanted to settle this case. She even admitted to her Mother blah, blah, blah.
Why did she plead NG then?? Why did she put Amy through months of this?

I thought she owned up to it. I think she feels terrible for what she did to Amy. It was sincere and it came off that way to me and I am sure many others. Moo

Her statement was a carefully crafted "soundbite" to create the illusion of accepting responsibility for what she "has done" without saying "for robbing Amy blind". She took responsibility but did not say the words........."I stole". She entered a plea, accepted sentencing, and stated she wished she "had been a better friend". That statement was made in order to begin the "humanization process". Had she simply stated..."yes I did it, I accept responsibility, and I know I was wrong"......it would not have "humanized her". She apologized to her "former BFF" so that she could demonstrate that she sees Amy as a person, with feelings, that she took advantage of. It's all spin.....nothing more...nothing less. Mark my words.....her "apology for not being a better friend" is 100% self serving. The defense knew the public was clammoring to hear a comment. They had to make one that would support their belief that KC has feelings and that hers is a life worth saving.

JMO

:clap: Great post!

If I'd never heard KC speak before today, her performance would have been completely effective though. She sounded sweet and vulnerable and I could see why she was able to manipulate and evade her entire life.
She's sorry for what she did to Amy. Me too. Seems to me though that true remorse for the felony crimes of fraud and theft against Amy would also extend to the thefts of her Grandfather, Mother and Brother too. If you're sorry you're a thief and not just sorry you got caught on video, then I would think and hope a confession would include apologies tothe others she stole from but who loved her too much to have her jailed for the crime.
I know JB and crew aren't going to admit to anything that would save her soul if you believe in that and KC allegedly does. But wouldn't it have been more truly remorseful if she had extended her apologies her family. No specifics just acknowledgment that she has other victims.

All in all a good performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member