836 users online (143 members and 693 guests)  

Websleuths News

DE - ex-judge, William Bradley Jr., admits sexual abuse

Delaware crime: Ex-judge admits molesting boy

William C. Bradley's statement part of lawsuit settlement

"Standing in front of the building where William C. Bradley Jr. had been a judge until last week, attorneys Thursday handed out a one-page, two-sentence statement from the former jurist admitting he molested an 11-year-old boy more than 30 years ago.

For G.K. [name removed by me but available at the link], now 44, it was the vindication he has been seeking for decades.

More than 20 years ago he told his family about the incident and about 12 years ago unsuccessfully tried to get the Delaware Attorney General's Office to investigate, he said.

Then in April 2009, Mr. K [EBM] filed his civil lawsuit through the Delaware Child Victims Act on his own after several Delaware attorneys declined to take up the suit against a sitting judge."

I first became aware of this case while researching Dr. Earl Bradley's atrocities. Earl had an uncle, Dr. William Bradley, who was convicted of "indecent acts with children" at the age of 86. While researching the name, I came upon this other William Bradley, also in Delaware. It seems that the media never covered this case as it played out in civil court (haven't we seen that before?).

I posted today that Dr. Earl Bradley has a new judge, an Hon. E. Scott Bradley. While I understand that the name Bradley must be quite common in New England, I sure hope there's been a thorough genealogical check done to make sure there are no connections. I'd rather not take the attorneys' word on this.

"According to attorneys, William Bradley is not related to Dr. Earl Bradley, the pediatrician who has been charged with sexually abusing his young patients in Sussex County."

(By the way, I have always had a hard time with this particular news site. I typically set it to "print" and that straightens things out.)
    Last edited by Missizzy; 01-25-2010 at 08:04 PM.

An earlier article about Judge Bradley and this sad case.

"May 19, 2009 – For just the second time in the history of this nation, a sitting Judge has been accused of child molestation."