Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Steven-Koecher.jpg

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...ing-Utahn.html

Previous Threads:

Thread #1 Thread #2

Thread #3

OK-decision made by hoppy to start anew-let's bring over anything we need for reference...

We usually like new threads when the old one is about 20 pages long.

NIC #: M058555154

Last Name: Koecher
First Name: Steven T
Height: 5'10
Weight: 180
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde
Complexion: Fair
Race: White​
Date of last contact: 12/13/2009

Steven is from ST George UTAH. He was last seen on surveillance video striding away from his vehicle which was parked in a cul de sac in Sun City Anthem, Henderson NV. On Friday, December 11, 2009 at 3PM he assisted two juveniles who were locked out of their home in the St. George area. Between December 11 and December 13 he held two cell phone conversations with friends indicating that he was in the Henderson area. His car was discovered on December 15, 2009 still parked in the cul de sac.

Steven had recently started a window washing job part time and had been handing out flyers. His last financial transaction was on Saturday December 12th when he purchased Christmas gifts at a Kmart in St George.

Here are some links to media and other sites that have been helping to draw attention to Steven's case-perhaps we can draw some of the traffic on the Susan Powell thread to this one to help energize this investigation!!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...5012614&ref=nf
http://juljef7.blogspot.com/
http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14064989
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...ing-Utahn.html
http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/22053714/detail.html?taf=vegas

Thread number one is here:
NV - Steven T Koecher, Missing Dec 13 Henderson - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Thread number two is here:
NV-Steven T Koecher Missing Dec 13 Henderson, #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thread number three is here:
NV-Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson MSG 13 Dec 09 thread #3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Scenario being discussed in previous thread:

Okay...so one possible scenario is:

Steven had previously been to this neighborhood and was walking to a specific home.

That home was not located on the west side (security camera side)of Evening Lights nor was it the first home on the east side (corner of Savannah & EL).

harleysnana brings up a couple of valid points:

There are cars parked on the street in front of houses.

The layout of the streets and where the cul-de-sacs are located
and the fact that he did not park on the street in front of
a house suggest he either was told not to park in front
of the house, or he was going to meet someone and leave
in their car and be gone a while.

As does Chili Fries:

"Some neighbors are very serious about not letting people park in front of their house, especially if it happens all the time. If whatever house Steven was visiting consistently had overflow parking so their guests had to park in front of neighbors yards then the neighbors could have gotten sick of it and said no more. Steven's car was parked at the closest area to Evening Lights which is not in front of a house."

First thing that strikes me is "be gone for a while"......If he was told by a resident of that community to park there for this reason then it be logical to think that resident would not want Steven's car parked there beyond a reportable time. Founding out the policy, ie number of days without being moved, for reporting an "abandoned" car in that community might give us an idea of the length of time Steven was expected to be gone.

Again, this is a scenario.....it is not fact

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NV-Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson MSG 13 Dec 09 thread #3

Continuing on with this one possible scenario......somethings that need checking out are:

Parking policy of the community re days a car can be parked before it can be reported. If Steven was told to park there by a resident of the community then that info will give us some idea of when the resident expected Steven to return. And if any parking complaints were filed by a resident of that area over the past year-six months.

Info on the 4 houses on the east side of Evening Lights. Were they owner occupied, vacant, house rentals or room within a house rentals?

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NV-Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson MSG 13 Dec 09 thread #3

Also, as long as we are summarizing, as per family there was no church or business purpose for this trip to Henderson. Actually, I think the 'boss' at the window washing place confirmed he did not solicit business in Henderson, NV.

Has anyone taken into account the possibility of meeting somebody on the nearby golf course? There is a path leading there at the end of Evening Lights (see Google Maps).

Someone with dishonorable intentions could pose as a potential employer, or old friend, or whatever, and meet Steven at the golf course, leaving an easy route to exit the neighborhood via a different route, or even enter a nearby neighborhood through the golf course.

It may be interesting to note the nearest entrances to the golf courses from other streets, and question residents that live closest to these entrances.

Has anyone taken into account the possibility of meeting somebody on the nearby golf course? There is a path leading there at the end of Evening Lights (see Google Maps).

Someone with dishonorable intentions could pose as a potential employer, or old friend, or whatever, and meet Steven at the golf course, leaving an easy route to exit the neighborhood via a different route, or even enter a nearby neighborhood through the golf course.

It may be interesting to note the nearest entrances to the golf courses from other streets, and question residents that live closest to these entrances.

That is what I was thinking, and like I said, those paths go everywhere in that area. Me and my friend used to walk all over and get lost for hours walking.

That is what I was thinking, and like I said, those paths go everywhere in that area. Me and my friend used to walk all over and get lost for hours walking.

I have never had a job interview on a golf course. While I have never golfed, I would think two men walking around a golf course, without clubs, just might look a little suspicious?

Hi Capoly...Sorry to respond to your question so late. SesameStreet.com won in the "Ella House" today.

To be honest I hadn't quite thought about the way and where he crossed the street. But you make a great point. Would someone not familiar with the area cross there? Not sure I am going to review the tapes again, it has been awile.

My thoughts when we first got the tape was that he was there for a specific purpose and knew where he was going. I do think he looks like he's "trying" to not be noticed though (almost like he's "up to something"). To me, that is why he parked a way from where he was actually going.

Another thought I had on the parking spot was that it was more of a self conscience issue. He may not have wanted someone to see what he drove or what it looked like inside if he had a ton of stuff in his car i.e. several coats. I think someone else brought that up early on too.

I have never had a job interview on a golf course. While I have never golfed, I would think two men walking around a golf course, without clubs, just might look a little suspicious?

Anyone know if Steven golfed at all? Hubby is a huge golfer. I could definitely see him conducting a 2nd or 3rd interview on the golf course. However, that is for higher paying professional jobs. I don't think Steven would fall into that category. Could be possible he was meeting someone for lunch at golf course and not actually golfing. But, I think if he was going to do business at a golf course he would have parked in the parking lot.

JMO

I think that the golfing theory could be one to look into. He was a journalist, & I have known business men meet up to discuss things on the golf course whether all of them were playing golf or not wasn't an issue (I think it's kind of a man thing to walk around with clubs talking LOL). The lunch idea is fantastic also. Like someone said maybe he parked where he parked as he didn't want anyone to see what he was driving. Great ideas guys :).
Ella's mom is it you gathering questions or Laytonian? Can we ask if Steven ever played golf? or if LE or others investigating have talked to the golf course/restaurant people?

- Oh I was meaning that some of the men played while discussing business & a couple just walked the course with them discussing business....
Thanks

Popping back in to say that I think the golf course idea is well worth looking into. Even if parking elsewhere seems strange, I have done just this sort of thing when I wanted to impress someone (My car, alas, while acceptable on the outside looks like a trash heap on the inside. My ex-husband would hum the "Sanford & Son" theme if he ever had to get in!) If his car was filled with coats and other things, he might not want a potential employer to think he was living in his car.

Ella's mom is it you gathering questions or Laytonian? Can we ask if Steven ever played golf? or if LE or others investigating have talked to the golf course/restaurant people?

Snipped for content.

I did the gathering of what questions we had answers to. Laytonian is doing the gathering of what questions we would like answers to. Haven't seen her on, so I will put something together. Maybe when she gets back she can forward. I will post for review.

Laytonian is the one that is currently in contact with Naegle and bringing questions to her, but I haven't seen her, so I thought I'd put our list here. Hopefully I have everything. Feel free to add if I missed anything.

#1 - Going on the premise that Steven is still alive, he needed to get money from somewhere. Neagle can you find out if the family knows of any jewerly or if anything of significant value is missing? There are pawn shops and "we buy gold" places all over Vegas. I was wondering if he could have pawned something to at least have some cash to get by with. Those might be good places to show his poster to as well.

#2 - Do we know if when Steven was working for the window washing company and putting up christmas decorations, if he was paid by check or under the table?

#3 - Is there a way to get a list of who has been questioned to date so far by LE? There may not be a specific list out there, but maybe someone that LE has been updating would know.

#4 - Have any of the LE agencies involved given their thoughts on this case to the family. Do they believe we have an adult "Runaway" or is foul play suspected? Any indication of POI's?

#5 - Is a reward being offered? I have seen this question before, but don't believe I have seen an answer.

#6 - Are fundraisers being set up to raise money for a reward fund, search efforts, travel and lodging, etc? Candlelight vigils? Not only will this help lend financial and emotional support to the families, but it will also keep Steven's name "top of mind." Might be a good way to keep him in the Media as well.

#7 - Did Steven Golf?

#8 - Did any other camera views from Mr. Security catch Steven on them?

#9 - Saw the Craigslist post. Do we know who set it up? Who are responses going to? Any luck so far?

Okay.
Where to start?
I am open to writing emails.

On Steven's FB page,
a poster mentioned contacting
bus drivers, FedEx drivers, etc
so they could be aware when
they are out in public.

Does that sound like a plan?

Did IHOP respond well when family was there this last weekend?

I will check on bus drivers, FedEx in Las Vegas/Henderson area.

Laytonian is the one that is currently in contact with Naegle and bringing questions to her, but I haven't seen her, so I thought I'd put our list here. Hopefully I have everything. Feel free to add if I missed anything.

#1 - Going on the premise that Steven is still alive, he needed to get money from somewhere. Neagle can you find out if the family knows of any jewerly or if anything of significant value is missing? There are pawn shops and "we buy gold" places all over Vegas. I was wondering if he could have pawned something to at least have some cash to get by with. Those might be good places to show his poster to as well.

#2 - Do we know if when Steven was working for the window washing company and putting up christmas decorations, if he was paid by check or under the table?

#3 - Is there a way to get a list of who has been questioned to date so far by LE? There may not be a specific list out there, but maybe someone that LE has been updating would know.

#4 - Have any of the LE agencies involved given their thoughts on this case to the family. Do they believe we have an adult "Runaway" or is foul play suspected? Any indication of POI's?

#5 - Is a reward being offered? I have seen this question before, but don't believe I have seen an answer.

#6 - Are fundraisers being set up to raise money for a reward fund, search efforts, travel and lodging, etc? Candlelight vigils? Not only will this help lend financial and emotional support to the families, but it will also keep Steven's name "top of mind." Might be a good way to keep him in the Media as well.

#7 - Did Steven Golf?

#8 - Did any other camera views from Mr. Security catch Steven on them?

#9 - Saw the Craigslist post. Do we know who set it up? Who are responses going to? Any luck so far?

Hi - I was on yesterday, and posted the answers to the questions Naegle answered over the weekend - but the thread's been moved since then.
They're always on the web pages, just for continuity.

I'll repost them here under a separate title.

Your questions are good...and you are right. We've asked most of those, in various ways (like #1, #2, - was anything valuable missing) and received no answer.

Sometimes, I feel like I'm browbeating when I send the same questions over and over.

Thoughts?

Naegle reports she now has limited internet access.
When possible, she'll send the pictures.

Here's the update from last weekend --

A: --Yeah, Police Dogs. ;-) (aka idk)
Q: Have the runoff ponds/water lakes in the nearby golf course been checked?
A: (sorry) I know the golf course has been cheked extensivly, but I really don't know if that includes the water traps.
Q: We get pictures? Of every IHOP in Vegas, every DI, or what? ;)
A: I made the fam park our rental just like Steven's car was found and took pictures for you all. I probably won't get those out to you until tomorrow though.

A: You ask below if the phone records would show a cab.
Q: Yeah...but what if he was using a pay phone? (We can't discount that.)
A: There were no pay phones in that neighborhood so if one did pick him up it wouldn't be on Mr. Security's camera. I'll look into getting someone to call the cab companies though.

Q: What areas were searched, with ATVs/dogs/air? Near where the car was found?
A: I'm not sure about the exact area, but I believe the around the car was searched with dogs, air and ATV search the mountiains nearby, and volunteers canvassed the whole neighborhood again.
A: Also, the police plan another search soon. "To see if anything washed out with the storm." I'm trying my best to think that "anything" means his cell or wallet. =/

OTHER COMMENTS FROM NAEGLE:

We are getting more people involved and everyone is being so good to us.

Like I said in one of the other emails the police are planning another big search. We're also trying to get another LE agency involved, but apparently they don't play well together so it may be slow going.

That neighborhood is incredible! There's no way he went there randomly! Just crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie