1049 users online (193 members and 856 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Post Fliers for Gabe - In Your Town or Online!

#1 City needing posters: San Antonio, TX

Other cities needing posters:

AR - Fort Smith

AZ - Cave Creek, Payson, Chandler, Glendale, Peoria, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sun City West,

Surprise, Tortilla Flat, Yuma

FL - Bokeelia, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Miami Beach, Tallahassee

IL - Collinsville

LA - Arabi, Chalmette, Meraux

MA - Boston

MS - Pass Christian

NC - Charlotte

NM - Albuquerque

TN - Antioch, Brentwood, Chattanooga, Goodlettsville, Hendersonville, Hermitage, Lebanon,

Madison, Mount Juliet, Murfreesboro, Nashville, Old Hickory

TX - Cuero, Curio, Dalhart, Lufkin, South Padre Island, Van Horn, Victoria, Waco

WA - Battle Ground

Gabriel's family has a new poster they prepared, that they ask people to use.

The file is available in different sizes and formats for both printing or posting online:

It's available as a PDF file on docstoc here:
    http://www.docstoc.com/docs/23304781/Gabe

It's also available on the family's Bring Home Gabriel Facebook. No Facebook account is

necessary to access it.
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?<b...6&id=506740741

It's available in photobucket here:
    http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/a...osterVigil.jpg

I can send online, and through my email, if that's okay.

I will be posting flyers around here. Even though I'm not in any of those cities/states, we get a lot of "through" traffic and out-of-staters around here so it can't hurt. The more people to see that sweet little face the better. You never know where he could be.

I remember seeing someone putting together a list of good places to post flyers and thought that would be a good idea to have in here too. What kind of businesses would be good to post the flyers at? Post office, grocery store, Wal Mart, Babies R Us, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by January. View Post
    I remember seeing someone putting together a list of good places to post flyers and thought that would be a good idea to have in here too. What kind of businesses would be good to post the flyers at? Post office, grocery store, Wal Mart, Babies R Us, etc?
    For San Antonio:

MissingGabe thinks Eliz may have taken Gabe to a doctor, so clinics, hospitals, doctors offices, urgent care clinics, clinics at CVS etc.

Also, pharmacies near the hotel where she could have gotten a prescription or over the counter medications.

Other places: zoos, museums, recreation centers, parks, day care centers

BeanE,

I've received 2 PM's from people willing to post fliers in their local area's. One of whom is in a small town and thinks 25 would cover most of the area. I haven't seen lp34 on here today. What do you suggest we do to get these orders in? I know that MissingGabe said they would cover any costs. I know you are pretty busy, so I don't want to add this to your workload. But lp34 didn't email me last night so I don't have his/her email addy to send these to. Any suggestions would be great.

ETA: A HUGE thanks to Tricia and Mods for getting this sub-forum going for Gabriel. It is going to help our efforts and other aspects tremendously.
    Last edited by NewMommy09; 01-26-2010 at 03:01 PM.
    There is always HOPE!!!

Would it be possible to sticky this thread?
    There is always HOPE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NewMommy09 View Post
    Would it be possible to sticky this thread?
    You can PM Hoppy and ask for it to be stickied. Great idea :-)

While looking at the flyer I noticed in one of the photos the brown envelope under Gabriels' hand. Can that be blown up and maybe some info would be on it?

I can't wait to get to work tonight, where I can print these out.

I work in a hotel, in a 'tourist' town.

With my boss' permission, I will see if I can put one on the window of the hotel, and also have a stack on the counter in the lobby.

I will take them to other local hotels/motels, the local grocery stores, convenience stores/ gas stations, library, day care centers, restaurants, police and fire stations, retail stores, fast food restaurants- and anywhere else I can think of.

Thank you for providing these fliers!
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

To those putting up fliers in the areas where we really think he may be, please take note of where you leave them, so if they are disappearing very fast from one specific area, we can turn that in as a tip. If Gabe is still in the San Antonio area, it is possible that anyone knowing the family or part of the family that has him will try to remove them.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

I need a really quick answer, I'm gedtting ready to leave, I live in Phoenix, on the border of Glendale. Surprise, Sun City, Peoria are small towns minutes away, anyway, my question is, is it ok for me to print out this flyer, well actually I already printed it, and have made copies from my printer, my question is, is this ok for me to do this. There are a few Wallmarts in these towns, I thought I could put the flyer there. I guess I just want to make sure I'm not doing something illegal, as far as printing this flyer by myself, I hope I'm making sense, thanks :-)

Quote Originally Posted by grammieto5 View Post
    While looking at the flyer I noticed in one of the photos the brown envelope under Gabriels' hand. Can that be blown up and maybe some info would be on it?
    grammie,
    most of us believe that to be a board book under Gabe's hand.
    There is always HOPE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grammieto5 View Post
    I need a really quick answer, I'm gedtting ready to leave, I live in Phoenix, on the border of Glendale. Surprise, Sun City, Peoria are small towns minutes away, anyway, my question is, is it ok for me to print out this flyer, well actually I already printed it, and have made copies from my printer, my question is, is this ok for me to do this. There are a few Wallmarts in these towns, I thought I could put the flyer there. I guess I just want to make sure I'm not doing something illegal, as far as printing this flyer by myself, I hope I'm making sense, thanks :-)
    Gabe's family has given permission for us to use this flier and pass it around, so there are no issues on that end. I don't think it is illegal to post this around town, but some places may ask you not to, or may not want them there (unfortunately).
    THANK you from the bottom of my heart for doing this. I know it will do Gabriel's family some good to see these posters going up.
    There is always HOPE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NewMommy09 View Post
    Gabe's family has given permission for us to use this flier and pass it around, so there are no issues on that end. I don't think it is illegal to post this around town, but some places may ask you not to, or may not want them there (unfortunately).
    THANK you from the bottom of my heart for doing this. I know it will do Gabriel's family some good to see these posters going up.
    OK, thanks, I'm leaving now, my app is in 10 min and I'm 5 min away :-)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast