Theories: Why Would Elizabeth kill Gabriel?

Did Elizabeth kill Gabriel?

• yes

Votes: 80 44.2%
  • no

Votes: 101 55.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smart blonde

Websleuths Member
Reaction score
Elizabeth told Logan that she killed Gabriel, and put his "dead, blue body" in a dumpster.

Given her violent temper, could she have been telling the truth?

Unfortunately she has shown Logan that she is capable of something like this.

I believe she is capable of this, but I am holding out hope she didn't. For some reason, I just have a strong feeling he is alive and well hidden. If so, I think she probably told LM that just to spite him.

I believe she is capable of this, but I am holding out hope she didn't. For some reason, I just have a strong feeling he is alive and well hidden. If so, I think she probably told LM that just to spite him.

Exactly my thoughts too. Though I think she is definitely capable of killing him, I really think he's still alive somewhere, with someone. I just hope he gets returned to his daddy soon.

I've been following this case from the second that it broke on the news. Elizabeth killing Gabriel would be the very last option on my list of things that I think might have actually happened. Everything, including her confessing to killing him, points me in another direction.

I think Gabriel is alive, hidden, and I think key players in the case know exactly where he is.

Does anyone feel it is possible that Gabriel died from an accidental overdose- from Elizabeth being negligent, and giving him too much medicine?

From there, she may have panicked, and disposed of his body.

After that is when she would have contacted Logan to tell him she killed the baby.

I hate to type this, I really do, but I think she is capable of murder.
When EJ trashed the apartment and cut up the clothes, the one thing I never saw mentioned was any injury to herself, I'm sure we would have heard about blood or the need for stitches if there was any.
She was not in blind rage, she was in a calculated rage. That, IMO, is the kind of person capable of planned murder. A person in a blind rage, cutting up a hard to cut item like clothing, even with scissors is bound to be slicing and end up cutting themselves. A person in a calculated rage will be careful to keep themselves safe, and do the maximum damage.

On the other side, my personal belief is that she did not kill him. She would not have confessed if she had, IMO. She would have just kept running and that text would never have been sent. I believe that was diversion, plain and simple.
She's smart enough to know that prosecuting without a body is hard and even harder in waters as muddy as these have become.

ETA: If she did kill him it is my belief that it was an accident of some sort, and she sent the text to Logan in a half out of her mind state. I don't imagine her being rational if she drugged him and he died. I don't believe she liked Gabe, but when faced with your own deceased child, there would have to be some reaction even if it's only panic.

At first I thought everything pointing to Gabriel being murdered. Now I am more optimistic that he is alive. TPS and her antics have me going in this direction. I truly believe she is the key. I think JS is an unwitting pawn and he is blindly following her direction.

I've been following this case from the second that it broke on the news. Elizabeth killing Gabriel would be the very last option on my list of things that I think might have actually happened. Everything, including her confessing to killing him, points me in another direction.

I think Gabriel is alive, hidden, and I think key players in the case know exactly where he is.

My thoughts exactly!!

I pray we are right.

I just don't see her sitting in jail, not even helping with a composite sketch, etc., if he is still alive. I really don't.

She must realize that helping to produce a living Gabriel would greatly reduce her potential sentences.

Her silence, in my opinion, lends itself to Gabriel being deceased.

ITA. I think TS knows exactly where he is!!

I have gone back and forth on this one. But the accidental/false tweet yesterday and the new phone call from EJ to TPS have given me new hope. If Gabe is alive, I don't believe there is a mystery couple. He is being well hidden - for Tammi. (Of course, MOO.)

When EJ trashed the apartment and cut up the clothes, the one thing I never saw mentioned was any injury to herself, I'm sure we would have heard about blood or the need for stitches if there was any.
She was not in blind rage, she was in a calculated rage. That, IMO, is the kind of person capable of planned murder. A person in a blind rage, cutting up a hard to cut item like clothing, even with scissors is bound to be slicing and end up cutting themselves. A person in a calculated rage will be careful to keep themselves safe, and do the maximum damage.

On the other side, my personal belief is that she did not kill him. She would not have confessed if she had, IMO. She would have just kept running and that text would never have been sent. I believe that was diversion, plain and simple. She's smart enough to know that prosecuting without a body is hard and even harder in waters as muddy as these have become.

ETA: If she did kill him it is my belief that it was an accident of some sort, and she sent the text to Logan in a half out of her mind state. I don't imagine her being rational if she drugged him and he died. I don't believe she liked Gabe, but when faced with your own deceased child, there would have to be some reaction even if it's only panic.

Really really good points about the difference in blind rage and calculated rage. I would loooove to agree with you on her having at least some reaction to a just deceased child, but with an extreme lack of empathy and no other human around to show her how to "mimic" appropriate emotions, she just might have felt overwhelming relief that "it was all over".

I also think it possible that with her new id and leaving the car behind, that she would never be found the rest of her life. Many do disappear down that rabbit hole to never be found again, sadly.

True story again: a nice man in his 60's moved into a tiny town nestled deep in the Ozark mountains about 20 years ago. Such a gentlemanly person, helpful to neighbors, the kinda guy you'd want your grandkids to know. Married and had a nice long run of it. This year he was arrested for murdering his wife 20 years ago just before he ran with new id and created a new life for himself. It just took awhile for authorities to track him down. People around there are still reeling from the shock. No one thought him capable of such a thing in a million years.

So, although I'm not totally convinced of it, I do think it possible that EJ thought she had free license to torture Logan like that right before she disappeared into a whole new life.

Biggest fact that leads me AWAY from that theory is that I don't think she would then tell him where the body was after she was out of the country if she had really killed him. Maybe Logan asked her what dumpster and where and she was caught short without an answer because there really WAS no dumpster. Logan has surely seen her through these temper tantrums many times and can probably tell when she's been caught in a lie (I know someone quite well like that and I know their "tells" when they lie). That might be why he feels that she didn't kill Gabe, even though he knows she's capable of it.

Very sadly, I think, based on all the information we have, that it is highly likely that Elizabeth harmed Gabriel.

All information we have, to me, points to Elizabeth acting on her own, alone, in SA, in a situation in which she was enraged and felt desperate. There looks to have been a change in plans from giving Gabe to Tammi. This left her with an extremely short timeframe to find someone to give Gabriel to. I think the likelihood of her being able to find someone to give him to is very small.

Given all that, the apparent pressure applied to her to return to AZ on Dec 26, her statements to Logan on Dec 27, her refusal to speak on the phone to Tammi on Dec 27, and her refusal to help LE find Gabriel, it just seems that her having harmed is what is most likely.

I pray it isn't so. I pray that she found someone to give him to with whom he is safe and well.

On the other side, my personal belief is that she did not kill him. She would not have confessed if she had, IMO. She would have just kept running and that text would never have been sent. I believe that was diversion, plain and simple. She's smart enough to know that prosecuting without a body is hard and even harder in waters as muddy as these have become.

I'm gonna contradict myself after reading your post again (yes, your posts are always worthy of second readings and more thought :) )

It is sooo true that if authorities had bought immediately into a deceased Gabriel, they would have been focused right there in San Antonio. If she used this as a diversion (more plotting ala Smith-style) then Gabriel was either sent far far away from San Antonio, or they thought peeps would be so busy looking for a body that they wouldn't look in the surrounding area for a live Gabriel.

I agree. I really am hopeful that he is alive.

Very sadly, I think, based on all the information we have, that it is highly likely that Elizabeth harmed Gabriel.

All information we have, to me, points to Elizabeth acting on her own, alone, in SA, in a situation in which she was enraged and felt desperate. There looks to have been a change in plans from giving Gabe to Tammi. This left her with an extremely short timeframe to find someone to give Gabriel to. I think the likelihood of her being able to find someone to give him to is very small.

Given all that, the apparent pressure applied to her to return to AZ on Dec 26, her statements to Logan on Dec 27, her refusal to speak on the phone to Tammi on Dec 27, and her refusal to help LE find Gabriel, it just seems that her having harmed is what is most likely.

I pray it isn't so. I pray that she found someone to give him to with whom he is safe and well.
(above bolding by smart blonde)

Thank you, BeanE...

I think these are very important points, and this is what I believe, too.

I think that initially, Elizabeth went to San Antonio with the hope of adopting him out, and the rest happened just as you suggested it may have above.

I also pray he will be returned to his daddy, safe and sound.

I just think it is important to explore this very real possibility as well.

I keep hoping to see a "found alive" but I'm pretty sure he is dead :(

shades of casey anthony...

It's no secret that I think EJ probably did kill Gabriel. My reasoning is that her actions have always seemed to be motivated by issues relating to Logan and not to Gabriel (except where she could use him to manipulate Logan.) Logan didn't want her anymore, and Gabriel was her only tool to get his attention and/or get her revenge.

I sure don't think she put any thought into finding a suitable home for Gabriel. I think she played into Tammi's greedy ruthlessness because Tammi was her best hope to take Gabriel away from Logan, and a handy place to stash Gabriel when she wanted to make trouble for Logan. When the changing-jurisdiction plan TS and EJ cooked up didn't work, plus Logan refused to sign Gabriel over to Tammi, she knew her only option to destroy Logan was to make completely sure he'd never see his son again. Otherwise, she'd have to go back to Tempe and let Logan have Gabriel -- and Logan would win and she'd lose, and that was totally unacceptable to her (It would put her in the position of abandoned odd-man-out.), which threw her into a murderous rage, and she took out on Gabriel.

On the other hand, I wouldn't put anything past Tammi, and that gives me some hope that Gabriel is alive.

The need for a babysitter and an "important meeting" has me stumped..... If Tammi was coming to get Gabriel or arranged to have him hidden I don't see the need to jeopardize the plan by hiring a sitter.

If " the important meeting "was a job interview then its likely Gabriel is dead......
but it the meeting was setting up the final handoff of Gabriel there still hope he alive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back