General Case Theories *LIST ONLY / NO DISCUSSION*

not_my_kids

Reaction score
Since there are so many aspects of Gabriels case that have an unknown element, it might be good to have a place for the general theories or those that don't fit in with any of the other threads.

Warning: LONG....read the last 2 paragraphs for the short version. I'm engaging in frustration therapy at the keyboard today. :banghead::furious:

Ok, here's one of my theories. Its just one of many-a-day, as the puzzle pieces come in and I try and make them fit the whole picture. I keep askiing myself questions about some of the main pieces that just don't seem to fit, and I keep trying out scenarios that will make sense of the mysteries.

Big mystery (to me anyway) is the Smith's attitude from the first that we saw of them in the media early on. How COULD they be so unattached to Gabriel's plight? How COULD they be so supportive and defensive of EJ's position?

So this is my newest theory: (please shoot holes in it, I beg you)

The Smiths latch on to Gabriel with a passion. TS clearly adored having him, held him, dressed him, shopped for him, fed him, renamed him, and began to think of him as their own. When Logan gets legal rights to custodial time, the Smiths see the 'dad' as a threat to their future with Gabriel. They become every bit as impassioned as EJ to keep Logan from Gabriel. Several days before Logan's period of custody, the Smiths formulate a plan and help EJ run, give her money, GPS, help in getting fake id, etc., and tell her to get out of town while they handle Logan. They are even prepared to let EJ live in their house in TN to establish a new jurisdiction while EJ, of course, allows them to care for Gabriel, much like what they did with H. It's just a matter of fulfilling a time requirement, after all, then they can act from there.

Their plan fails. Logan is not a sellout or a pushover. Desperate, the Smiths call on the person who had helped them before. Since she suffered some serious consequences the last time she helped TS, this time she tells them its not worth it, it won't work, their best bet is to go to that court date loaded with bear so that EJ can get full custody of Gabriel again. Maybe they had a plan to 'set-up Logan' with more charges/legal trouble. H's father swears this happened to him. Maybe they, for a moment, thought they could somehow push Logan over the edge and cause him to walk away from his son if they just had more time.

TS tells EJ to come back, they will MAKE it work out in the end. EJ is enraged at the indignity of having to go through the court to retain her full rights to do whatever she wants. Remember, she is probably BPD bipolar, this is how she thinks. She already told us that in her phone interview from Miami where she says she's mad that Logan went through the court instead of through her. EJ tells TS NEVER NEVER NEVER will I come back there and submit to Logan OR the court.

EJ then takes one step further the next time they talk: she tells TS she would rather DIE than bring Gabriel back. And if she can't have Gabriel 100% to do with whatever she wants, and TS can't have him, he would be better off dead too.

TS, because of her own past painful history with her kids, makes a comment to the effect that she thought the same thing many times herself about her own kids.

EJ ends up doing the unthinkable. She thinks it really is better for him in the long run, he's in heaven now with her mom, where every day is sunshine and roses. Many mothers who kill have this kind of thought process. Being narcissistic, she just can't kill herself too. So she leaves everything where it is, goes next door, assumes her multiple personality #2, and starts her new life.

Missing puzzle piece: How in God's name could the Smiths have been so kind and supportive to her when she just gave away Gabriel to a stranger or killed him?

Answer: The Smiths have knowledge that they said something that caused EJ to kill Gabriel, maybe not intending that to happen, because they don't understand BPD, bipolar, and obsessive compulsive thinking. Being in shock and denial, they go into "Gabriel is perfectly safe and happy, EJ is a good mother and would never hurt her baby". They continue to insist in the media and to anyone who will listen that "that baby is alive and well". It beats the public thinking they pushed EJ over the ledge. In the beginning, they didn't even think it would make them look suspicious as having him kidnapped themselves. They are defending EJ from the horrible act of murder and their own responsibility for it. In their first conversation with EJ after her arrest, TS coaches her to say to a nation that Logan did the pushing. JS coaches her to stick with giving Gabriel away because when his looks change, no one can ever find him anyway and therefore they can't prove she killed him either. TS can't dredge up any apparent anger toward EJ because EJ is Tammi's own story all over again in a sad historical kind of way, she identifies with her. She can't even be mad at the numerous lies EJ told, because she herself lies all the time and feels justified in it. Waaaay too much identification going on there!

My theory is basically that they have known from the beginning EJ killed Gabriel. Everything else since has been smoke and mirrors. Their seething anger at Logan for keeping them from what they wanted and had convinced themselves was what was right for Gabriel made them blame Logan for the whole mess, publicly, for weeks, rught up until the tide turned so overwhelmingly against them that someone convinced them they were hurting themelves with that position.

TS may have the "hell hath no fury" kind of scorn-produced rage that would lead her to send Logan that message I was told of by one of the family members that witnessed it " may God forgive you for what you have caused her to do". At that time, she did know EJ had killed Gabriel, and she was owning up to it then. Cover up started immediately afterwards, as she had deleted that message by morning. MOO MOOO MOOOOOOOOO

Okay, I know I'm not the only one who has been going on wild goose chases online. But, here's a new direction I'm going to try. I'm am stuck on H's bio dad's comment, that if they sent EJ to FL, then LE needs to look at CA. Well, along those lines, if the S's went to SA to get Gabriel, then who's to say they stayed in TX. I wonder if they got him, and immediately headed back West. The term "hiding in plain sight" comes to mind. Would they really have him somewhere in AZ, or NM even? Anyone sleuthed this yet? I figure, may as well. I did see an add, I'll look for my link, to someone giving away a baby boy in CA. BRB...going to find the link...

ETA link. It's probably not related, but I havn't been looking West, only South and East.
http://classifieds.sma****s.com/a,4386,Baby-boy-for-adoption.htm

Warning: LONG....read the last 2 paragraphs for the short version. I'm engaging in frustration therapy at the keyboard today. :banghead::furious:

Ok, here's one of my theories. Its just one of many-a-day, as the puzzle pieces come in and I try and make them fit the whole picture. I keep askiing myself questions about some of the main pieces that just don't seem to fit, and I keep trying out scenarios that will make sense of the mysteries.

Big mystery (to me anyway) is the Smith's attitude from the first that we saw of them in the media early on. How COULD they be so unattached to Gabriel's plight? How COULD they be so supportive and defensive of EJ's position?

Respectfully snipped

I agree with a lot of what you're thinking here OneLove. If the Smiths were involved in getting EJ to SA and if something didn't go as planned and they begged her to return but EJ acted on her own after that, I can see the Smiths believing early on that she might just have done what she said she did. Especially after she was picked up without Gabriel.

And I could see them automatically trying to extricate themselves from any involvement of how she got to SA in the first place. Which it appears as though they tried to do early on. To admit that she may have killed him early on would be to admit to knowing what was going on in SA and they weren't about to do that IMO.

I think the Smiths helped EJ with the trip to SA. Thought they could intimidate Logan into signing the adoption papers. That backfired. EJ started freaking out so TS arranged for Gabe to go underground. With the help of her adoption friend. What TS didn't bank on.....EJ going psycho and sending the text to Logan. That got LE involved. Now, TS has had to come up with a lie a day to stay ahead of her whole world crumbling. It's possible that EJ has no clue where Gabriel is. TS might not either. But, she knows who she called or texted or whatever to set it up....

I think the Smiths helped EJ with the trip to SA. Thought they could intimidate Logan into signing the adoption papers. That backfired. EJ started freaking out so TS arranged for Gabe to go underground. With the help of her adoption friend. What TS didn't bank on.....EJ going psycho and sending the text to Logan. That got LE involved. Now, TS has had to come up with a lie a day to stay ahead of her whole world crumbling. It's possible that EJ has no clue where Gabriel is. TS might not either. But, she knows who she called or texted or whatever to set it up....

That's one of my favorite theories as well. TPS has plenty of motive to lie. The big question mark, though, is what would motivate E to continue being uncooperative now that she's been caught? Either she has really told LE what she knows and the public just hasn't been informed of that fact yet, or she'd have to have some motive for staying clammed up.

I've explored the money possibility and that seems the most likely to me.. that she was paid for Gabriel and has a nice chunk of change waiting on her if she can keep her mouth shut and get herself out of jail. I don't believe she'd run such a large, extended risk to get at LM; I think her rages last for finite periods. There is also that possibility that she really has a dissociative disorder and cannot remember what she did with him (but I don't believe that either).

LE is playing their cards so close to the vest about everything else in this case. It wouldn't surprise me if Elizabeth really is talking to them and they don't want to tip off the people who have Gabe, for fear something might happen to him or they might take him deeper into hiding.

Hi all. I was reading this news about haitian kids, and I was reminded that early on some sleuthers discussed similar church groups with similar good intentions, possibly hiding babies. I feel they would have spilled the beans by now, if this theory was strong, but the statements at the end of the article struck me, when considering the religious tones of some players in Gabe's case.
BTW, I do not think these folks in Haiti had ANY bad intent in this case.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...arrested-Haiti-trying-33-orphans-country.html

Hi guys..I have been just a lurker but I think she just killed him. I dont think it was complicated-just cowardly and mean. JMVHO. But, I hope, hope, hope I am completely wrong and someone is cherishing him at this very moment.

I think JM has a hand in this somewhere along the way. When you reverse her addresses in TN, San Antonio shows up. Plus she was in TX in December (maybe setting things up). I think this baby was sold underground on the black market.

I don't know where to put this, but it's an interesting story about some folks from a religious group in Texas caught trying to take children out of Haiti for adoption

http://www.foxsanantonio.com/templa...ional.tx/38d905c6-www.foxsanantonio.com.shtml

snippet

The Baptists were waiting Monday to hear if they will be tried on child trafficking charges for attempting to take 33 Haitian children to the Dominican Republic without official authorization.

Child welfare groups expressed outrage over Friday's attempt, saying some of the children had parents who survived the Jan. 12 earthquake.

Sorry Percy ... I didn't see that you had already posted on the Haiti adoption thing, so consider mine just a second article on that. Although I don't know about bad intent... it seems to me they know perfectly well that some checking should be done. In your link, it even talks about a girl crying and claiming she is not an orphan, she has parents. This reminds me of that African minister that came to light during the presidential campaign, Muthee, - the one who was expunging witches from different towns who was part of some evangelical church.

Theory/Work in Progress:

EJ doesn't know who has him or whether he is alive. She left him somewhere alone, went back for him and he wasn't there. She can't tell LE that...if an animal got him, she's a murderer. If someone else took him and killed him then she's an accessory to that. She would be in a position where she couldn't say anything to the police that is even close to the truth. I think she's just riding it out and hoping that he turns up, and she can just point a finger and say, "yes, I gave him to them."

Just a theory. But it would explain so much.

I think JM has a hand in this somewhere along the way. When you reverse her addresses in TN, San Antonio shows up. Plus she was in TX in December (maybe setting things up). I think this baby was sold underground on the black market.

Do you know what she was doing in Texas in dec?

TIA
fran

Somewhere it was stated that Elizabeth left Gabriel in the car for a few minutes and then went back to get him. I cannot for the life of me find the link! After that, she sat in the car for 10 minutes, and after her exit she boarded a bus.

I'll try and look for the link

I really hope you told LE.

Somewhere it was stated that Elizabeth left Gabriel in the car for a few minutes and then went back to get him. I cannot for the life of me find the link! After that, she sat in the car for 10 minutes, and after her exit she boarded a bus.

I'll try and look for the link

Nancy Grace:

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Housekeepers at one area hotel remember Johnson. In one instance, they saw her do something most mothers wouldn`t dream of doing.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: … leaving the baby in the car, returning to her room and then coming back out, like, you know, she had forgot something, and finally took the baby out of the car and went back into her room.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: How long was he left alone?
UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Probably about 10 minutes.

If you look in the Important Links sticky thread, there's a video for the Motel 6 manager. I *think* the housekeeper might be in that video talking about it. If it's not that video, there is a news video somewhere with the housekeeper telling what happened.

Thank you for finding that info for me!

Could she have left Gabriel in the car for 10 minutes because

1: she was hoping someone would take him?
2: she had arranged for someone to take him and they didn't show?
3: she overdosed him on meds?

Clearly she left him there on purpose. Why take the risk of someone seing Gabriel alone in the car and alerting police?

Why didn't the person<s> who saw Gabriel alone in the car alert police?

Perhaps Elizabeth had no real plan going afterall. Maybe she was hoping someone would come along and take her baby so she can say someone stole him? I don't know. It strikes me as strange to leave a baby alone in the car, ever.

Thoughts?

I think this is one of those freudian slips that sounds like a mis-statement.

copy of misstatement from Tammi from NMK's transcript
of Tammi's interview after getting out of jail

TS: Where&#8217;s the west, where&#8217;s the rest of the recording?

If I were LE I'd be looking West of wherever Tammi is for Gabriel.

Maybe he was sleeping, and since she's proven to have no real concern for him or his safety, it didn't bother her to let him sleep alone in the car while she did whatever it was she needed to do then.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back