1361 users online (262 members and 1099 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    I was bullied from the first grade on up. Unfortunately,I was the perfect target courtesy of my mother. She was an animal hoarder, so my clothes always smelled like cat feces.
    One morning, I ate too slow, so she slapped my bowl of corn flakes over my head and made me wear it to school. The principal took me in her office and we used her private bathroom to wash it out. She gave me a nice long talk about bullies, and how most of them are pushed around at home. Explained to me about how when people, even young ones, feel powerless, they try to take power from other people. She taught me a very adult saying that day: "I'm sorry for whatever you are going through, but you won't feel better for hurting me." That saying literally sustained me through my years in formal school, which were first, second, sixth and tenth.
    I thank God for her, or I likely would have killed myself in sixth. I wish there were more administrators out there like her, that would realize that bullies will bully, they do it for power and attention, and addressing them will likely cause more issues. Address the victims, make them feel like they have worth, and reassure them that they can survive, they can make it through. JMO and my own two cents.
    I'm so sorry you went through that. I was bullied too for being shy and then later on for having cancer. What a Godsend that principal was and I think I'm going to take that saying and print it, so I can remember it when someone intentionally hurts me.

9 Indicted in Connection with Student's Bullying death.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news...84/detail.html

This article names those charged.

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/re...osition=active

I only got bullied on occ. in school...everyone knew my older sister and were scared of her ! I always came to the defense of kids that I saw being bullied, always even if it meant a knock down drag out in the school hall ! I hate bullies !
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

I pray that school administration across the country reads about this and is proactive to help stop bullying in schools. I pray parents around the country read about this and are proactive if their children are the bully or the bullied.

RIP Phoebe, I'm praying your story changes lives for the better.

my problem here is they didnt convict that mom of bullying for that girl who killed herself over the emails she sent her.

can things change here? this is massachusetts after all......pedophiles get 1,000 cash bail and murdering nanny's get time served

I really hope they can get justice for this poor kid....this is so sad...

It truly bothers me that a teacher in the library that day witnessed these jerks tormenting this poor girl and did nothing.....wth??

(((hugs))) to all of those who shared their stories here, especially Not My Kids..

what great words of wisdom...I only wish that some teacher had helped Phoebe like that....what a great reminder that little things can make a difference

I added tags so that they can find themselves here on WS...yes they are juveniles, but they have been named and charged.

Such a heartwarming story-NOT. Who raises their kids to be this mean?
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

i'd make a sarcastic remark about frontal lobes but i wore that out on other threads.

Pics of some of the perps at the below link. I wonder what's behind not releasing three of the names?

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/...5-apx-20100329

(snip)
    Three 16-year-old South Hadley girls, whose names were not release, face delinquency charges of violation of civil rights with bodily injury resulting, criminal harassment, and disturbance of a school assembly, criminal harassment, and assault by means of a dangerous weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    Pics of some of the perps at the below link. I wonder what's behind not releasing three of the names?
    Respectfully snipped. I heard that some of them were charged as adults, and some were not. The three names that were not released may have been charged as juveniles? But then...it does list that some are charged as a "youthful offender", so I guess I don't know.

This story brought me to tears when I read it elsewhere. Then I started reading deeper into it and found out she was raped by 2 ***holes.

I am so pissed. Bullying is too abundant in this world, it's becoming hard to notice. We need a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Metzgermeister View Post
    This story brought me to tears when I read it elsewhere. Then I started reading deeper into it and found out she was raped by 2 ***holes.

I am so pissed. Bullying is too abundant in this world, it's becoming hard to notice. We need a change.
    They are charged with statutory rape, which means she was under age of whatever is considered the age of consent at that state.
    Last edited by jjenny; 03-30-2010 at 12:29 AM.

its statutory cause its' not like she can testify it was other, can she?

Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast