Logan's Road trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I'm traveling (10 hrs) home to see my mom I'm usually eager to get there so I fill up with gas before heading out and I don't stop again until I'm down to a quarter of a tank. Depending on the mileage her car gets per tank I would use that as a gauge to when and where she might have stopped for gas, for me it's usually 6 hours down the road but I drive an 1/2 ton Dodge truck with a hemi...she was driving a smaller type car so she could have certainly driven for more than 6 hours on a tank of gas.
If I'm making a longer trip such as 16 hours, 10 hours is my max driving time, period. I just can't function on the highway after 10 hours, so I usually set that as my pullover and get a hotel time limit.
Depending on how much she loves to sleep would probably be a good gauge to estimate what time she would have left a roadside hotel and headed on to San Antonio, that along with the time of her arrival and check in at the hotel should give a pretty good estimate of where she may have spent the night. So is she an early riser or a late sleeper? Logan lived with her for 2 years so he should be able to estimate about what time she would have gotten up.
Do we have an approximate time as to when she met Tammi at the church to get Gabriel?

map out adoption agencies/surrogacy centers & plaster posters near/at them?

Hi everyone. Logan posted on the FB group Bring Home Gabriel Johnson that he is looking for any tips or suggestions for his trip to San Antonio.
Sleuthers with any idea's, please post them.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?t...&uid=251236072296#/group.php?gid=251236072296

I just when to weather underground to study the doopler radar and the weather from Tempe to San Antonio and there was nothing that stood out as a weather problem on Dec 18, 19, 20, 21,22 and I was looking for any road closing delays on 1-10 and was not able to find any..

When I'm traveling (10 hrs) home to see my mom I'm usually eager to get there so I fill up with gas before heading out and I don't stop again until I'm down to a quarter of a tank. Depending on the mileage her car gets per tank I would use that as a gauge to when and where she might have stopped for gas, for me it's usually 6 hours down the road but I drive an 1/2 ton Dodge truck with a hemi...she was driving a smaller type car so she could have certainly driven for more than 6 hours on a tank of gas.
If I'm making a longer trip such as 16 hours, 10 hours is my max driving time, period. I just can't function on the highway after 10 hours, so I usually set that as my pullover and get a hotel time limit.
Depending on how much she loves to sleep would probably be a good gauge to estimate what time she would have left a roadside hotel and headed on to San Antonio, that along with the time of her arrival and check in at the hotel should give a pretty good estimate of where she may have spent the night. So is she an early riser or a late sleeper? Logan lived with her for 2 years so he should be able to estimate about what time she would have gotten up.
Do we have an approximate time as to when she met Tammi at the church to get Gabriel?

1995 old delta 88 has a 23 gallon tank and averaged 21MPG....so she would be sucking fumes somewhere around El Paso texas if she started with a full tank

Those who feel comfortable, please post what if anything you have emailed Logan so we know what he's been told. Don't want to bombard him with duplicates, as I'm sure he's time limited.

Also, maybe merge this and the "Timelines for Logan" thread???

Those who feel comfortable, please post what if anything you have emailed Logan so we know what he's been told. Don't want to bombard him with duplicates, as I'm sure he's time limited.

Also, maybe merge this and the "Timelines for Logan" thread???

The timelines are a separate thing. That thread was just an emergency message situation lol.

ETA: I just put in a request for that thread to be deleted. Sorry about the confusion.

I would say check specifically for gas stations were it is hard to see the cars from the station itself. Where she would feel Gabe was safely hidden in the car if she didn't want to take him in with her.

The timelines are a separate thing. That thread was just an emergency message situation lol.

ETA: I just put in a request for that thread to be deleted. Sorry about the confusion.

my fault! temporary confusion till deleted ... I'll try to edit the title or something

ETA: just realized I could delete it since I started it! it's gone now (-;

Maybe one of the Google Earth handy people could post a map with places of interest thumbtacked? Mainly, the area surrounding the motel she stayed at. I'll see what I can come up with.

Has anyone **specifically** taken a road trip alone with a young baby? I haven't in so many years it's hard to remember, but I know travelling alonw woth a baby is way different than any other travel. You have to stop to feed and change the baby. You have to pull over if he drops his pacifier or his toy. You wouldn't stay on the road for as many hours. You do get breaks when they nap, though.

Are there any roadside parks on that route where she may have pulled off to feed and change him, or let him play a little in the grass? What was the weather like? Could he have enjoyed a little time in the park or was it too cold?

Would she have used the microwave at a service station/convenience store to warm up his food, or was he eating it room temp from the jar? I doubt she'd take a whole weeks worth of diapers with her, but probably had at least enough to get to SA, but then again, may have had to buy those en route as well, so drug stores? WalMarts? Groceries?

I do field research in TN and did take my baby..My mom came down from Ohio to watch him in the hotel while I was out. Hes been on quite the few road trips. We went back and forth to TN I think 3 or 4 times. Hes been twice to Ohio and back to Florida..A few times over to the Panhandle of Florida (about 5 hours). Hes the same age as Gabriel.

He generally slept a lot on teh first leg of the trips (maybe 2-3 hours) After that he would play some but got grumpier and I had to stop more and more as we drove until he finally just passed out at night. He would cry a lot, but there wasn't much you could do after a certain point. He doesn't use a pacifier. I just kept a load of toys in the passenger seat and handed them back as he dropped them. They have a lot of things that attach to car seats now though. If she left at night he may have gone to sleep like normal and wouldn't have had to stop as much. I think Rest Areas are the easiest to stop at.

It tacks on a lot more drive time..and stops are longer (you have to change diaper, feed, hold, etc). However, if she was knocking him out that may not have been an issue.

1995 old delta 88 has a 23 gallon tank and averaged 21MPG....so she would be sucking fumes somewhere around El Paso texas if she started with a full tank

So an average of 480 miles to a tank, right?

Would she have used the microwave at a service station/convenience store to warm up his food, or was he eating it room temp from the jar? I doubt she'd take a whole weeks worth of diapers with her, but probably had at least enough to get to SA, but then again, may have had to buy those en route as well, so drug stores? WalMarts? Groceries?

We are told to absolutely not heat up anything in the microwave anymore. It leads to burning from uneven heating. And I was told its not necessary to heat up any food/milk (breastmilk anyway). I actually don't heat it up. My son doesn't mind. I've heard my aunts are appalled, but I've met lots of other people that don't either. You don't need to sanitize everything either. There are microwave sanitizers if things get gross. I used them this summer in our hotel room.

Van Horn seems logical to me, Momtective, as it half way. They left after dark, though, right? So she might have stopped sooner?

We are told to absolutely not heat up anything in the microwave anymore. It leads to burning from uneven heating. And I was told its not necessary to heat up any food/milk (breastmilk anyway). I actually don't heat it up. My son doesn't mind. I've heard my aunts are appalled, but I've met lots of other people that don't either. You don't need to sanitize everything either. There are microwave sanitizers if things get gross. I used them this summer in our hotel room.

Thanks Sally! I didn't know that. My youngest grandchild will be 9 in April.....been awhile since I cared for an infant. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member