Identified! TX - Willacy Co., WhtFem 226UFTX, 35-55, Padre Island, Nov'98 - Name not found

SaraR

Reaction score
I really searched and couldn't find where this was already posted so forgive me if I made a mistake.

Seems to me someone should be missing her.....

226UFTX.jpg
226UFTX1.jpg

www.doenetwork.org/cases/226uftx.html

Unidentified White Female

Located on November 3, 1998 South of Port Mansfield on Padre Island, Texas.
The victim is estimated to have died 4-6 weeks prior to discovery.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 35 - 55 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'1"-5'4"
Distinguishing Characteristics: She had brown hair.
Dentals: She had distinctive dental work.
Clothing: She was wearing a Sunstreak brand, size 16, dark blue two-piece swimsuit with a horizontal band of vertically striped blue and white elastic material around it's upper waistband portion. A gold ring with two diamond-like stones was also located.
Other: She was 20-24 weeks pregnant.

The height is off; but their is a resemblance between the drawing and Eulaila Renee LaPorte.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2271dftx.html

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id='M10/12/20012:05:42PM'

Del Valle, TX is a good 5 hours via car to Port Mansfield, TX. However if Eulaila was coming back from Mexico where her boyfriend resided, Port Mansfield is not far over the border. In fact Port Mansfield is only a little over an hour from where Eulaila's boyfriend lived in Matamoros, Mexico.

It looks pretty good to me. I wonder if her body drifted up to Padre Island, or if she was found on land, out of reach of the tide. Was her body in the Red Fish Bay (i.e., the waterway between mainland texas and Padre Island), or on the east side of the island (adjacent to the Gulf of Mexico)?

She may have drifted there from the Mexican Beaches near Matamoros.

It looks pretty good to me. I wonder if her body drifted up to Padre Island, or if she was found on land, out of reach of the tide. Was her body in the Red Fish Bay (i.e., the waterway between mainland texas and Padre Island), or on the east side of the island (adjacent to the Gulf of Mexico)?

She may have drifted there from the Mexican Beaches near Matamoros.

The Doe Network link has a wider age range then the site from the state of Texas. But unfortunately little additional information other then her hair was dyed to a lighter shade of brown.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/unidentified.htm

I submitted Euliala as the possible Jane Doe to the case manager from Namus; I'll keep you posted

I heard back from NamUs and an official from Texas, they're officially looking into the connection between the UID and Euliaila....nothing difinitive on a timeline....

masnitram, ever hear any further word back if this was Eulaila?

masnitram, ever hear any further word back if this was Eulaila?

Unfortunately I have not heard anything yet. About a week ago I did resubmit the information to a contact with the Texas Dept. of Public Safety my cousin (who lives in Houston) is friends with. I'll keep you posted....

The very least I can confirm is there has been ongoing dialogue between the University of North Texas and the Texas Dept. of Public Safety. Everything left off today with this final email regarding getting the investigative agency to track down Eulaila's daughter in hopes of getting a sample. (I've been cc'd on all correspondence thus far!).

Here is the last mail sent out today from UNT to TDPS...

"We have good DNA profiles for those remains in CODIS (our case number is F-2356), but we don’t have any family reference samples. If we could get the investigating agency to collect reference buccal swabs from family members of Eulaila LaPorte (I see she has a daughter) and send them here we could see if the DNA supports the proposed relationship. Do we know who the investigating agency is? I know the remains case is with the Willacy County Sheriff’s Office. Would they be willing to track down the family members and get swabs? We can send DNA collection kits to whomever needs them.

Anyway, I’ll put a note in the case file of the remains to compare them to Ms. LaPorte if we get reference samples submitted!"

masnitram, I assume you would have updated us had you heard anything.

my question is "do they [LE] know the name of her daughter or were they just going by the profiles that said she had a daughter?"

from information available at ancestry.com, at one time Eulaila was married to the father of the daughter. they got divorced before the daughter was born. the marriage and divorce info as well as the daughter's name and d.o.b. (which I am not going to post here) are a matter of Texas public record.

there is no indication that the ex-husband was in any way connected with the death. you would think he'd know where his daughter is, that is so long as someone asked him.

is there any way masnitram for you to ask if they have ANY information on the whereabouts of Eulaila's daughter or ex-husband? If they need some help, please let us know as I have some information (how current is unknown) on the ex-husband.

I am reiterating that the ex does not look to be involved and nothing I mentioned should be construed as even suggesting he was.

Sorry for the delay responding, been very busy with family, work, etc...

I haven't heard anything back yet. I will send an email tonight and if I don't get a reply I will make a call in the near future. I will keep you posted...

Putting this dead end here just for record-keeping purposes:

She was found November 3, 1998 and estimated to have been there four to six weeks. Six weeks would put her death in late September. In mid-September 1998, Tropical Storm Frances hit coastal Texas with severe flooding. I couldn't find any news articles or other information that anybody from the area was missing and presumed drowned, however.

Putting this dead end here just for record-keeping purposes:

She was found November 3, 1998 and estimated to have been there four to six weeks. Six weeks would put her death in late September. In mid-September 1998, Tropical Storm Frances hit coastal Texas with severe flooding. I couldn't find any news articles or other information that anybody from the area was missing and presumed drowned, however.

And for what its worth, after three years I haven't seen nor heard from anyone involved with Eulaila Renee LaPorte's case. I know they were trying to get a DNA sample from one of her relatives to compare to this UID.

I'm getting a permission error on this NamUs profile.

The doe network lists her in the 2017 identified closed cases. Does not release her name.

Hi im eulaila renee's birth daughter. im 26 years old..can somebody please contact me

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246
Back