1212 users online (272 members and 940 guests)  



Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 52
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Show ME state
    Posts
    321

    When JB & AL disagree....which one will flee?

    Suppose for a moment that AL, who works so hard to keep people off of death row (Angel of Death Row).....cannot come to an agreement with JB concerning whether or not to go to trial, or whether or not to put Casey on the stand.....who would win out? Can you imagine Casey hearing one thing from one of them, and something completely opposite from the other.....HOW CONFUSING that would be.

    I'm gonna predict that Baez wants this to go to trial (His EGO and GREED), and wouldn't even consider a plea deal. AL, on the other hand, can't see a WIN for her client, given the circumstances, if it goes to trial, therefore recommending making a plea deal for LWOP.

    I also wonder if the networks are padding the pockets of Casey's defense team to take this ALL the WAY. Can they do that?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,800
    I would put my $ on the Amazon Woman!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,547
    Considering how 'hot shot' she is supposed to be, I am not really impressed with her appearances and statements so far, at all. I think JB will outlast her.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Show ME state
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by wenwe4 View Post
    I would put my $ on the Amazon Woman!
    It sure seems as if Judge Strickland would prefer Baez confer with Lyon before he made any decisions, LOL (As seen in the last hearing).

    I wish I knew how to make this a poll.

    What really matters I guess, is who will Casey cling too?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    111
    If what we think about Casey is really true- that she will never "fess up" to this crime then I say Baez. If she really does have a soul in there somewhere and comes to her senses that she will DIE if convicted than I say the Angel of Death Row. I think if we were aware that it came down to that and then knew who she chose it would say so much about her psychological state.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,759
    They really can't just 'flee" without a darn good reason. they are there for the duration unless KC fres one or something radical happens.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    16,024
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    They really can't just 'flee" without a darn good reason. they are there for the duration unless KC fres one or something radical happens.
    Thanks for that JBean - I don't think I ever really understood that lawyers just can't quit. ( I guess if you can't quit you could just provoke the heck out of your client until they fired you)

    Just guessing by the way Lyons looks at Baez, and by how much control she seems to have (note the no comment media stuff - etc) But he needs her because he can't go into a death penalty case without her or someone like her. So he's between a rock and a hard place.
    Last edited by logicalgirl; 01-27-2010 at 10:10 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,759
    Quote Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
    Thanks for that JBean - I don't think I ever really understood that lawyers just can't quit. ( I guess if you can't quit you could just provoke the heck out of your client until they fired you)

    Just guessing by the way Lyons looks at Baez, and by how much control she seems to have (note the no comment media stuff - etc) But he needs her because he can't go into a death penalty case without her or someone like her. So he's between a rock and a hard place.
    Hi localgirl. There defintely are conditions under which an attorney can quit. But I don't think having a disagreement with co-counsel is one of them unless it is serious in nature. For example,if one counselor wants to put the defendant on the stand and have her lie.
    Last edited by JBean; 01-27-2010 at 10:15 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Show ME state
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    They really can't just 'flee" without a darn good reason. they are there for the duration unless KC fres one or something radical happens.
    So, who decides which direction the defense strategy should go? I am assuming it will be AL, since she is the only death penalty qualified attorney, but what if CASEY and BAEZ, disagree with her, she's just gonna have to sit around and watch the train wreck I suppose.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Show ME state
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    Hi localgirl. There defintely are conditions under which an attorney can quit. But I don't think having a disagreement with co-counsel is one of them unless it is serious in nature. For example,if one counselor wants to put the defendant on the stand and have her lie.
    That would be a good question for the lawyers thread, I suppose.

    If she is found indigent, they can't quit....only accept what the state pays them to continue with the defense. Isn't that right, JBean?


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    16,024
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    Hi localgirl. There defintely are conditions under which an attorney can quit. But I don't think having a disagreement with co-counsel is one of them unless it is serious in nature. For example,if one counselor wants to put the defendant on the stand and have her lie.
    Thanks for that - since I've joined this site I'm constantly amazed by how little I actually do know - LOL.

    I don't know about Baez quitting - don't think his ego would let him, even if he is terrified of Lyons. I felt like shouting - somebody give that boy some meds he was so nervous in court. And the way she looks at him? Whew! Like he is something stuck on her shoe.

    But then there is her ego also. She wants this death penalty win. So I think both will stay.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    24,084

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by tweety933 View Post
    That would be a good question for the lawyers thread, I suppose.

    If she is found indigent, they can't quit....only accept what the state pays them to continue with the defense. Isn't that right, JBean?
    No, I think they can quit under those circumstances, at least in California, and a Public Defender be appointed. They can't expect big time lawyers to work for pennies...
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    16,024
    Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    No, I think they can quit under those circumstances, at least in California, and a Public Defender be appointed. They can't expect big time lawyers to work for pennies...
    Big time lawyers???? We're talking Baez here - he was scrounging around the County Jail looking for business before this case came along!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    24,084
    Quote Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
    Big time lawyers???? We're talking Baez here - he was scrounging around the County Jail looking for business before this case came along!
    That was a generalization, not implying in any way that Jose Baez is Big Time. Nonetheless, he isn't a public defender, and I think that he can walk away if indigence were the issue...
    But think about it, could you see for example, F. Lee Bailey, or Johnny Cochran, or a host of other famous lawyers staying on a case if their client pleaded poverty???
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    16,024
    Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    That was a generalization, not implying in any way that Jose Baez is Big Time. Nonetheless, he isn't a public defender, and I think that he can walk away if indigence were the issue...
    But think about it, could you see for example, F. Lee Bailey, or Johnny Cochran, or a host of other famous lawyers staying on a case if their client pleaded poverty???
    Sorry Linask - I was just razzing you - I knew you were generalizing - wasn't really mocking your statement at all and did understand and agree with your comments. I just can't resist sticking my in about Baez, even if/when it's inappropriate. Sorry!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. The Verdict - Do you agree or disagree?
    By Salem in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 1530
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 10:46 PM
  2. If you agree or disagree with the verdict, let us know why
    By JBean in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 1347
    Last Post: 07-24-2011, 04:14 PM