Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone bring over the picture of the map? Sorry I don't know how to bring it over.

How did she end up outside the arena? What would cause her to leave the building in the first place? tia

How did she end up outside the arena? What would cause her to leave the building in the first place? tia

I thought i read somewhere that she went out to smoke? Not sure if this is true but what i dont understand is why she was not allowed in, she must of had a ticket stub.. Unless she didnt have the ticket stub? Maybe her being intoxicated + not having a ticket stub or something of that nature was a problem for the bouncers and they refused to let her back in?

Could be many possibilities

I thought i read somewhere that she went out to smoke? Not sure if this is true but what i dont understand is why she was not allowed in, she must of had a ticket stub.. Unless she didnt have the ticket stub? Maybe her being intoxicated + not having a ticket stub or something of that nature was a problem for the bouncers and they refused to let her back in?

Could be many possibilities

Arena policy does not allow re-entry.

I think her friends claimed she went to the bathroom and couldn't get back inside the arena. And that they had her car and keys and that Morgan said she would find her way home. Does anyone else have a problem with that? I do. I think Morgan was smarter than that. Something very very fish here. Morgan's "friends" may well find themselves sitting in on some very lengthy interviews with LE very soon.

Edited to add: I haven't been to many arenas, but the ones I have been to never had an "outhouse", if you know what I mean.

Sorry to be nitpicky, but can we fix the thread title? Her last name should be Harrington, not Harrison. :hugs:

I think her friends claimed she went to the bathroom and couldn't get back inside the arena. And that they had her car and keys and that Morgan said she would find her way home. Does anyone else have a problem with that? I do. I think Morgan was smarter than that. Something very very fish here. Morgan's "friends" may well find themselves sitting in on some very lengthy interviews with LE very soon.

Edited to add: I haven't been to many arenas, but the ones I have been to never had an "outhouse", if you know what I mean.
I'm not understanding it either, except I have read she had gone outside to smoke. What's even more strange to me is her friends had her keys and her car??? Why??? And it was ok with her??? :waitasec: MOO

Sorry to be nitpicky, but can we fix the thread title? Her last name should be Harrington, not Harrison. :hugs:

I fixed it. Sorry about that!! I'm running on about 3 hours sleep right now LOL. My apologies.

I don't understand why they don't let people back in if they have to go outside!! That's ridiculous... I hope that policy is changed. It would have saved Morgan's life wonder if that's justification enough to change a policy.

I'm sorry but trying to prevent a few people from seeing a shoe free is not
worth a person's life.... This is my opinion but I bet many will agree. Is the arena changing it's policy after this...

Well from reports I have seen (correct me if wrong) Morgan went out to use the bathroom. I don't have a problem with that, but she had a purse with her, so why would her friends have her keys and the ticket stub? I mean even if her friends drove there, wouldn't they hand the keys back to her once they got there? I also question how much she drank, I don't believe you would be allowed to drink inside, so the drinking had to be done before entering the building if she was that smashed would she even be allowed in? I think I read somewhere that a 4 th person was going to go with them to the concert but the name was never released who that was.........did anyone else read that? I understand the friends leaving, if Morgan really did tell them she was fine, but I would think they would have gone down and tried to get her back in first. It appears they had these plans to go for awhile to just let one stand outside with out trying seems really strange to me. I really do wonder if Morgan was planning on meeting someone there and that is why she went outside, giving her keys to her friends and saying if I don't come back I will find my own way home. Its just really sad, if I was one of her friends I think I would be speaking out.

I don't understand why they don't let people back in if they have to go outside!! That's ridiculous... I hope that policy is changed. It would have saved Morgan's life wonder if that's justification enough to change a policy.

I'm sorry but trying to prevent a few people from seeing a shoe free is not
worth a person's life.... This is my opinion but I bet many will agree. Is the arena changing it's policy after this...
I can understand how ticket stubs could be passed to people outside who hadn't paid, but why don't places use a hand stamp or something that isn't transferrable, but proves the person should be allowed back inside? MOO

I'm not understanding it either, except I have read she had gone outside to smoke. What's even more strange to me is her friends had her keys and her car??? Why??? And it was ok with her??? :waitasec: MOO
The only thing I could think of is that her friends drove her there, if she had been drinking. I still can't understand them not coming outside when they knew she was stuck out there...concert or not.

What if she was still alive and they went out on a 'fun' midnight ride?

This is a very good possibility. It may have been that they were going to a "party" and this was the only means of transportation to get there.

I've been there, done that when I was underage. In coal country, which is also covered in forest, our parties were almost always on mining company property and "inaccessible" to LE. I'm lucky to have survived some of those "fun" midnight rides while intoxicated.

Well from reports I have seen (correct me if wrong) Morgan went out to use the bathroom. I don't have a problem with that, but she had a purse with her, so why would her friends have her keys and the ticket stub? I mean even if her friends drove there, wouldn't they hand the keys back to her once they got there? I also question how much she drank, I don't believe you would be allowed to drink inside, so the drinking had to be done before entering the building if she was that smashed would she even be allowed in? I think I read somewhere that a 4 th person was going to go with them to the concert but the name was never released who that was.........did anyone else read that? I understand the friends leaving, if Morgan really did tell them she was fine, but I would think they would have gone down and tried to get her back in first. It appears they had these plans to go for awhile to just let one stand outside with out trying seems really strange to me. I really do wonder if Morgan was planning on meeting someone there and that is why she went outside, giving her keys to her friends and saying if I don't come back I will find my own way home. Its just really sad, if I was one of her friends I think I would be speaking out.
This is beginning to remind me so much of Natalee...:cry:

I too am thinking it's possible she'd called someone, or someone called her, and she was going to meet them outside. MOO

The only thing I could think of is that her friends drove her there, if she had been drinking. I still can't understand them not coming outside when they knew she was stuck out there...concert or not.
Did they even call her?

Did they even call her?
I heard that she called them and said she was all right and would find a ride home. I can't believe that's all there was to that conversation. I guess this info comes from the friends.

I did volunteer work at an ampitheatre here that had rock concerts and such. I know we served liquor inside the venue, but we required ID. When we'd have some concerts, there would be tail-gating and such in the parking lot. Many people were already wasted before they even passed the gate.

IMHO, it would or could be almost impossible to allow people back in once they've left the venue, as who knows what they were doing outside. ie drinking?????? Anyway, they have to draw a line somewhere.

I first read that she left the venue to have a cigarett. IMHO, that sounds more plausible than 'to go to the restroom.' I mean, whoever heard of a venue not having a restroom?

As much of what we've heard about sightings of Morgan that night after she was outside the gates, her parents said 'that doesn't sound like something Morgan would normally do.'

THAT leads me to believe Morgan was most likely drinking that night. Which, IMHO, would or should have been even more reason why her friends should NOT have let her go anywhere by herself!

Like I said earlier, I hope her friends feel somewhat responsible for what utlimately happened to Morgan. They SHOULD have watched out for each other.

JMHO
fran

PS...........I heard the extra person is a 'male' and LE has talked to him and he's NOT a POI. I think they're trying to keep the individual's names who don't want to be in the media, OUT of the public .....fran

I agree that is a possibility as to why Morgan's keys were with one of her friends. I believe I've read they (Morgan and friends) had already decided beforehand who the designated driver would be on the way home and it wasn't Morgan. So, maybe the DD had the keys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer