775 users online (113 members and 662 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

VA - Jill Edmonds, 40, Richmond, 25 Jan 2010

http://www.nbc12.com/Global/story.asp?S=11889721

*snipped

RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - The Richmond Police Department is asking for assistance to locate a missing person.

Jill Edmonds, 40, disappeared on Monday. Her vehicle was found abandoned on the shoulder of the northbound lanes of the Powhite Parkway as it crosses the James River.

An extensive search of the river and the riverbanks by Richmond police officers and firefighters, with the assistance of the Virginia State Police helicopter, turned up no trace of her.

Edmonds is described as a black female, 40 years old, 5'4" tall, 157 pounds with straight, shoulder-length black hair.
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 04-08-2010 at 10:45 AM.

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

Sometimes a man can meet his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.

The "Powhite Bridge"

It crosses the James River

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

I found a bigger pic of her....another beautiful woman missing...I pray she's found safe!!

What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

http://www.wtvr.com/news/wtvr-jill-e...,5789077.story

(video included)

*snipped

RICHMOND - Richmond Police are searching for a woman who hasn't been seen for several days.

Police found 40 year old Jill Edmonds' car abandoned on the side of the Powhite Parkway Bridge on Monday. Police and firefighters searched the James River with help from the Virginia State Police helicopter, but found no signs of her.

Jill Edmonds is about 5'4", 150 pounds, with straight, shoulder length black hair.

You know, I don't understand whyyyyyy if she went missing MONDAY, we're just now hearing about it!

I found a Jill Edmonds on linkedin - impressive CV....I wonder if the linkedin Jill is the missing Jill? If so, it makes even less sense that there wouldn't be something more public about her missing!!

Her pic looks very professional so I really wish we knew if it was the same Jill.

I also found the same name posted on a professional photographer's site commenting on wedding pics....I wonder if that's her, too.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

she takes medication for depression. video at this link; has interview with family.

(she worked at a bank texas mist, if that helps re: cv)

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post

she takes medication for depression. video at this link; has interview with family.

(she worked at a bank texas mist, if that helps re: cv)
    Thanks nurse....guess it's not the same Jill.

As sad as it is that someone may take their own life due to mental illness, it's equally as sad to see the family left with the unknown as to what actually happened to her.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

http://hillsandheights.org/
    This has much the same info.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

I did not find a FB page or a myspace page.
    There could be one, but none found.

In listening to the news video with her family,
    Jill did have depression, but took medication.
    No sign that anything was wrong, per family.

She did not make it to work at Wachovia Bank.

So, is this a suicide? Did she just decide she had enough?
    My question is: has she attemped suicide before? If so,
    was it a similar type method?

More questions:
    Was the car in working order? No engine problems, enough gas,
    no flat tire.

Any sign of the car being forced to the side of the road?
    Back bumper dented, scrapings, etc.?

Was her purse and cell phone found in the car?

Are there security cameras nearby?
    That might determine what time her car was seen starting
    over the bridge.

Did family or LE search her home? Was it apparent
    she had dressed for work?

Did LE interview her coworkers?

Did she have a recent breakup with a husband or sig. other?

Did she have her habits on the way to work?
    Stopping for a coffee? Running through McDonald's?
    Call mom before leaving??

I hate to think she might have jumped.
    I hope we get more information.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

Wow, dreamweaver.....

it looks like you covered all the bases!! (great job!) Now if we could just get some answers to those questions....

Oh, my heart broke for Jill's wonderful mother. A few more questions. Did she have any problems at work? Was she in a relationship? Has the family verified that she was taking her medication for depression? My prayers for Jill and her family.
    Last edited by fhc; 01-28-2010 at 11:56 PM.

I pray to God she didn't jump. The current under this bridge is deadly even from ground level with water levels low. There are numerous BOULDERS, not just rocks, in this water. The river is currently about 12 feet above flood stage and that just makes the current and the danger worse. Even on a sunny, July day with low water levels this is a dangerous area of the James to get in. Think white water rafting.

What's odd is that to the best of my recollection, the traffic on this road is pretty heavy. At least, that's to say it's not a deserted stretch of road. Unless she went there in the middle of the night or during the wee hours of the morning, I can't imagine that she wasn't seen.

Jill is a wonderful woman

I worked with Jill for a while and we saw each other and talked on occasion. Most recently New Years Eve. She seemed in good spirits. She is always sweet and smiling. And often talks about church. I never knew she was clinically depressed and taking medication. But I could see a sort of sadness behind her eyes, even though she was always smiling. I don't want to believe she jumped. But I know how depression can grab a hold of you. I'm praying they'll find her unharmed.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    welcome to websleuths Keeya! And sorry to hear about your friend missing. I hope she is found safe as well. My thoughts are with you, her other friends, and her family.

I was reading some of the questions posted. I can't answer all of them. But I can say:
    Jill is NOT the type to have a FB or Myspace page.

She is 40 and extremely mature for her age. I guess that comes from being 1 of 14 children.

She's VERY conscientious about her work. She isn't the type to just not show up and she's very punctual, usually early. (At least that was the case when I worked with her.)

She also keeps her car in good condition. I've ridden in it and she keeps it looking showroom new. (At least that was the case when I worked with her, which wasn't THAT long ago). I couldn't imagine her having any maintenance problems. Not any foreseeable ones anyway.

She was married but divorced, no children. I don't believe she was in a current relationship. She was very adamant that she was happy just being by herself.

However, her family IS saying she battles depression to the point where she needs medication. So, anything could have triggered a change. I just pray they find her safe.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast