GUILTY WA - Samuel & Brittainy Labberton for starving infant, Bellevue, 2010

KaylynnCouture

Reaction score
Accused of starving their newborn daughter to the point of emaciation, a Bellevue couple now faces felony charges on allegations they were more worried about their infant's appearance than her health.

In charging documents, King County prosecutors contend Brittainy and Samuel Labberton continued trying to force the child to lose weight months after the girl had been pulled from their home.

Following a visit with the Labbertons in January 2009, the infant's foster parents found that the then-5-month-old girl had been returned with a bottle that "smelled very fishy," according to charging documents. Testing of the bottle, a pediatrician determined the bottle was likely filled with a laxative -- a frequently used weight-loss technique.

Despite their claims, the girl thrived while hospitalized and immediately began putting on weight, Senior Deputy Prosecutor Carol Spoor told the court. Told of her child's progress, Brittainy Labberton was not pleased.

"Instead, Brittainy complained, 'Oh my God she's fat' and 'I have a fat baby,'" Spoor stated, recounting the December 2008 interview. "Brittainy insisted that (the girl) should be under the 50th percentile in weight, not over it.

"She indicated that her husband has a weight problem and she does not want her girls to be fat."

Spoor told the court social services workers took custody of the couple's other child, a two-year-old girl, the following day after Brittainy Labberton said she felt she would kill herself and the child. Arriving at the foster home, the older girl was "ravenously hungry," eating so fast that she nearly choked on her food.

Snipped from http://www.seattlepi.com/local/414685_starve26.html

They sound just like Anna Nicole Smith! :razz::loser:Thank goodness she's NOT around to raise Danielynn!

:banghead::furious:
Accused of starving their newborn daughter to the point of emaciation, a Bellevue couple now faces felony charges on allegations they were more worried about their infant's appearance than her health.

In charging documents, King County prosecutors contend Brittainy and Samuel Labberton continued trying to force the child to lose weight months after the girl had been pulled from their home.

Following a visit with the Labbertons in January 2009, the infant's foster parents found that the then-5-month-old girl had been returned with a bottle that "smelled very fishy," according to charging documents. Testing of the bottle, a pediatrician determined the bottle was likely filled with a laxative -- a frequently used weight-loss technique.

Despite their claims, the girl thrived while hospitalized and immediately began putting on weight, Senior Deputy Prosecutor Carol Spoor told the court. Told of her child's progress, Brittainy Labberton was not pleased.

"Instead, Brittainy complained, 'Oh my God she's fat' and 'I have a fat baby,'" Spoor stated, recounting the December 2008 interview. "Brittainy insisted that (the girl) should be under the 50th percentile in weight, not over it.

"She indicated that her husband has a weight problem and she does not want her girls to be fat."

Spoor told the court social services workers took custody of the couple's other child, a two-year-old girl, the following day after Brittainy Labberton said she felt she would kill herself and the child. Arriving at the foster home, the older girl was "ravenously hungry," eating so fast that she nearly choked on her food.

Snipped from http://www.seattlepi.com/local/414685_starve26.html

jesus what is wrong with people.
those poor kids.

That's quite a jump! >failing to see the similarities<
Actually, she did have the nanny withhold bottle feedings for that very reason!

Quoting myself haha..

Was Anna Nicole Smith ever arrested or in trouble for starving her son?
She was in trouble for starving her baby daughter, see above post!

Dear God! What fun is it if a mom/dad/granny/gramps can't pinch their fat little legs and cheeks?!!!! I've had four fat little babies and only one stuggles with weight issues- and I don't think that anyting to do with feeding habits!

I am at a loss...

Are people really this vain? How could you starve your children in the hopes that they would become thin adults??? Talk about just setting those kids up for an eating disorder.

Wow, that is just unspeakable. When Baby Mr. E was tiny, she cried constantly. We thought she was colicky. Turns out I wasn't producing much milk. When we found out and started giving her a bottle, she sucked that thing down in seconds flat. After that, she was a very happy and content baby. She was hungry! I still feel terrible when I think about those first weeks when she was crying all the time, and I was so frustrated. I'd breastfed my other two, so it didn't occur to me that this baby wasn't getting enough.

To have a parent cause that kind of misery purposefully...that is just awful.

O.K. this chicks Myspace has a URL of Insane_Stalker. Maybe that's just a cute lil nickname she likes for herself.

However, there's alot of photographs of a gorgeous baby. Baby posing with two grandpop's. Two photos pertain to "eating". Cute lil captions like "Grandpop is trying to eat my hand" and "Gobble Gobble".

No doubt they are just normal, cute little comments, but maybe the da*n baby was so hungry she'd have liked to eat her own hand. There obviously are other adults around so nobody noticed this? Maybe the girl has some sort of psychosis? Something is wrong. Duh. Plus even if one parent were that out there they thought a two month old might get fat why didn't the other parents seek help?

http://www.myspace.com/insane_stalker1988

Wow, that is just unspeakable. When Baby Mr. E was tiny, she cried constantly. We thought she was colicky. Turns out I wasn't producing much milk. When we found out and started giving her a bottle, she sucked that thing down in seconds flat. After that, she was a very happy and content baby. She was hungry! I still feel terrible when I think about those first weeks when she was crying all the time, and I was so frustrated. I'd breastfed my other two, so it didn't occur to me that this baby wasn't getting enough.

To have a parent cause that kind of misery purposefully...that is just awful.

I had a similar problem. My baby was 9# 4oz when born and I didn't produce enough for her monster appitite so we had to supplement with formula.

It makes me sick to my stomach to think of what that poor baby went through. That mother has some sort of mental illness to be able to do that.....

Wow... Just wow...

My son ate a considerable amount for the first year of his life. His weight was around the 75th percentile and I was told to just let him eat. He was a happy fat baby. Now at almost 5, he's a happy string bean...

People are just cruel...

Wow... Just wow...

My son ate a considerable amount for the first year of his life. His weight was around the 75th percentile and I was told to just let him eat. He was a happy fat baby. Now at almost 5, he's a happy string bean...

People are just cruel...

Of my two breastfed babies, one was always skinny, in the 25th percentile. She is now 18 and is rather small (just 5'4 and average weight); the other was roly-poly, and at 14 she is 5'8 and skinny as a rail!

I don't think restricting a baby's diet or calories is ever a good idea. Baby's know what they need, and their body type doesn't necessarily reflect their diet. My mother used to fuss and fuss that baby #1 wasn't getting enough to eat because she was so skinny. Meanwhile, baby #2 was getting the same food and had so many rolls we called her the Michelin baby! And baby #3, she knew she wasn't getting what she needed, and she was miserable.

I wish that in starvation cases like this part of the parents' punishment would be starvation. How can you sit by and let someone starve when you have the ability to end that person's suffering? It is inhumane.

this one creeps me out. if I read that right, dad went to the police to tell the the foster family was making the baby fat and could they do something about it?

this one creeps me out. if I read that right, dad went to the police to tell the the foster family was making the baby fat and could they do something about it?

:banghead:'
howd that go exactly?
'officer, the foster family isnt starving my children, that is against the law!!'
jesus i wonder why i read these things.
its not good for my health.

from Kaylynn's link:

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/414685_starve26.html

"Contacted by police in August, the mother appeared emaciated herself, Spoor said. Standing 5-foot-5, the 21-year-old weighed 90 pounds.

"Brittainy expressed no remorse for not feeding the baby and admitted to hardly feeding (the infant) for many days," Spoor said. "She also indicated she wanted to have 12 children."
Allowed to see the girl three times a week since she was removed from the home, Brittainy Labberton described her daughter as "very fat and overfed," Inman said. The detective added that the woman believed her daughter was much healthier before she was pulled from the home. "

Why am I not suprised the *mother* was born and raised in FL? :bang:
And if her husband has a weight problem and that is why she doesn't want her girls to be "fat" then why did she marry him???

there is obviously eating disorders going on with the parents but i stil cant imagine them visiting there own problem on there innocent children

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back