NE - woman accused of having sex with young son

Missizzy

Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100128...jA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yaWVzBHNsawNuZWJ3b21hbmFjY3U-

OMAHA, Neb. – "A 41-year-old Nebraska woman is accused of having sex nightly with her teenage son when he was in seventh and eighth grades, officials said Wednesday.

Omaha Police said the now 15-year-old boy reported the alleged abuse last week to a counselor, who notified authorities. The boy told police his mother was addicted to prescription drugs when the alleged abuse took place in 2008 and 2009 while he lived with her in Omaha."

Today's just not a good day to read the news, is it, MissIzzy?

How devastating for the boy. :(

Let's ask ourselves a question here, please. If this were an accusation against a father concerning a young pre-teen daughter would we see the words, "accused of having sex nightly"?

I don't think so. How long is it going to take for the media to drop the double standard concerning the rape of children? I, for one, am very very tired of the minimization of rape by female perpetrators.

to quote lloyd bridges in 'airplane'
looks like i picked the wrong week to stop snifing glue

Let's ask ourselves a question here, please. If this were an accusation against a father concerning a young pre-teen daughter would we see the words, "accused of having sex nightly"?

I don't think so. How long is it going to take for the media to drop the double standard concerning the rape of children? I, for one, am very very tired of the minimization of rape by female perpetrators.
I agree, Missizzy.

Rape is rape.

Let's call it what it is.

This poor child.

to quote lloyd bridges in 'airplane'
looks like i picked the wrong week to stop snifing glue

I agree -- I shouldn't have picked today to switch from wine to diet 7-up. I could use a strong one about now.

And WHY does the media call it sex? If it was a man and a teen daughter it would be called RAPE. Sex is related to mutual consent between both people.

Just makes me sick -- hope she goes to jail for a long time. She's no mother!

MOO

Mel

I agree -- I shouldn't have picked today to switch from wine to diet 7-up. I could use a strong one about now.

And WHY does the media call it sex? If it was a man and a teen daughter it would be called RAPE. Sex is related to mutual consent between both people.

Just makes me sick -- hope she goes to jail for a long time. She's no mother!

MOO

Mel

to be fair i've seen it done in female cases too.
check out the brooke bennent thread in crimes and trials
12 year old girl raped and murdered by her sex offender relative.
in the indictment charging him it says 'brought her to his house for sex'. uh yeah right

kbl--You never fail to make me laugh. I needed that right now. Why can't people straighten up and fly right? Left is fine with me too. But just keep their nasty hands off the little ones.

According to everything I've read about female relative offenders, this woman cut this poor boy off at the knees. Yes, I know that he can be strong and overcome and survive and live a great life. But, still cut off at the knees.

Can I just go sniff the anti-seizure med bottle one more time?

I live in the proud state who produced Governor Neil Goldschmidt, the guy who had an "illegal affair" or a "sexual relationship" (depending on which news source you chose to read) with a 14 year old girl. Thankfully, there was an outcry about the comment and the man. And he slunk away.....

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Goldschmidt[/ame]

"Goldschmidt's confessional letter was published on the front page of The Oregonian. It differed from the Willamette Week's account, most notably in the length of the relationship ("nearly a year" according to Goldschmidt, but three years according to Willamette Week) and in Goldschmidt's use of the term "affair" to characterize it.

The Oregonian was broadly criticized for its coverage by news organizations both within and outside the state, from numerous readers [ETA: including me!!!], and from its own columnist Steve Duin. The paper was considered to have favored Goldschmidt, about whom it had written favorably for many years, in its early lack of diligence in pursuing the story, and in its eventual coverage; most notably, the paper used the term "affair" to describe his criminal activity in its initial headline and story.

"The WW article, written by Nigel Jaquiss, was awarded the 2005 Pulitzer Prize for investigative reporting."

Won't the media ever learn?

I live in the proud state who produced Governor Neil Goldschmidt, the guy who had an "illegal affair" or a "sexual relationship" (depending on which news source you chose to read) with a 14 year old girl. Thankfully, there was an outcry about the comment and the man. And he slunk away.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Goldschmidt

"Goldschmidt's confessional letter was published on the front page of The Oregonian. It differed from the Willamette Week's account, most notably in the length of the relationship ("nearly a year" according to Goldschmidt, but three years according to Willamette Week) and in Goldschmidt's use of the term "affair" to characterize it.

The Oregonian was broadly criticized for its coverage by news organizations both within and outside the state, from numerous readers [ETA: including me!!!], and from its own columnist Steve Duin. The paper was considered to have favored Goldschmidt, about whom it had written favorably for many years, in its early lack of diligence in pursuing the story, and in its eventual coverage; most notably, the paper used the term "affair" to describe his criminal activity in its initial headline and story.

"The WW article, written by Nigel Jaquiss, was awarded the 2005 Pulitzer Prize for investigative reporting."

Won't the media ever learn?

that's like the kennedy who was having an 'affair' with his 15 year old babysitter. why cant people call it what it is?

How long is it going to take for the media to drop the double standard concerning the rape of children? I, for one, am very very tired of the minimization of rape by female perpetrators.

I don't know. When it comes to being charged or whatever for women having sexual relations with teenage boys, women seem to get away with either lighter sentences or doesn't get charged for it at all, plus there are those that will act like it's not a big deal, while men that have sexual relations with teenage girls gets more harsher sentences than women do & gets treated very harshly by their community.

Does anyone think her addiction played a role in this? I've had friends and relatives that have become addicted to prescription medications (for a short while), and none of them turned into incestuous pedophiles. Sounds like the young man was trying to make excuses for his mom's behavior.

I hope she's convicted of rape and he gets the help he needs in order to live a "normal" life.

Lizzy, that gets a big resounding NO from me. How many American's are addicted to prescription drugs? Do they commit incest? Do they rape their own children?

How many American's are addicted to illegal drugs? Do they rape their own sons? In addiction there's the creed "Never say never", and it pertains to how recovering addicts tell active addicts "I always said I'd never pimp myself out, but............". It's about money for feeding a habit. Raping your own son nightly or even once wouldn't fit in there.

I've heard time and again survivors of sexual abuse (myself included) say "Well, the guy was drunk". It's again and again the victim taking the responsibility. Lots of people get drunk. Do they rape children? In therapy we learned that indeed these same creeps would have sexually assaulted us sober.

In this case this poor kid is going to need alot of therapy. It's a miracle he told. I mean it's his da*n mother. If he don't get the help he needs unfortunately he may be on drugs up the road. His own da*n mother. This signals to me a control issue. A power issue. A hold on a son who she fears will leave her maybe? It's backwards, and it's wrong and it pi*sses me off.

Sorry for the rant. I go on tangents when I hear a kid is being hurt. I especially feel bad for pre-teens. I mean aren't we confused enough during those times? I have a dear friend who is male. This very same thing happened to him. Let me tell you even with help the guy is messed up. Bad. Years of help, but it's his mother. What do you do?

Does anyone think her addiction played a role in this? I've had friends and relatives that have become addicted to prescription medications (for a short while), and none of them turned into incestuous pedophiles. Sounds like the young man was trying to make excuses for his mom's behavior.

I hope she's convicted of rape and he gets the help he needs in order to live a "normal" life.

BBM, with all due respect what else would you expect this poor boy to do? In his head, right now, it might be easier for him to process this whole thing by at least thinking that something ELSE like a drug addiction caused his mother to do this to him.

Because who would ever want to have to admit to themselves, especially a child who doesn't have the experience or insight to realize, that their own mother is just sick enough without other outside influences to molest them?

I think it is a coping mechanism for him and God bless him, whatever he needs right now to deal with it....he should have it.

to be fair i've seen it done in female cases too.
check out the brooke bennent thread in crimes and trials
12 year old girl raped and murdered by her sex offender relative.
in the indictment charging him it says 'brought her to his house for sex'. uh yeah right

You CAN'T bring a 12 year old to your house for sex. A 12 year old is non-consensual -- no matter what the stupid attorney says. Just the wording on that indictment is so wrong. Poor baby.

Mel

I agree with the whole sex/rape terminology. This is RAPE, pure and simple. I hope that boy gets the help he needs. I'm glad to read he's in counseling. I take the parents are divorced or separated?

Garland--Just a gentle reminder that a sexual act with a child is not called "relations". I'm very sensitive to that comment as eight of my children were raped by a young man who did 10 years for the crime. He wasn't convicted of having "sexual relations" with my 6-12 year olds but of raping and sodomizing them.

I'm sorry if this seems like a rant but my entire point of starting this thread was to point out, once again, that choice of words in the media or even on this board can be an attempt to minimize a heinous crime against the innocence of children.

I, too, used to make this mistake with wording but no longer. A rape is a rape is a rape.

And Filly, ITA that blaming the incest on prescription pain medication addiction is a slap in the face to all those with addiction issues and yet maintain their moral core and don't rape children.

Dad: Stepmom suspected Neb. teen was abused

By MARGERY A. BECK
Associated Press Writer

OMAHA, Neb. (AP) -- The father of a teenage boy believed to be the victim of incest by his mother says it was the boy's stepmother who first suspected that the boy might have been sexually abused.

The 15-year-old's mother has been charged with first-degree sexual assault. The Douglas County Attorney's office says the 41-year-old woman was released Wednesday on $3,000 bond and has a preliminary hearing set for Feb. 8.

The Associated Press is not identifying the woman, or her son's father, to protect the boy's identity as a possible victim of sexual assault.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_MOTHER_INCEST_CHARGES?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=US

3,000 bond?
wow nebrasa is making massachusetts look better.
300 cash bail for a pedophile

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back