GUILTY KY - Lavion Gamble, 7 wks, beaten to death, Louisville, 25 Jan 2010

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) – A 44-year-old Louisville man is facing charges related to the death of his six-week-old son. After being questioned by Metro Police, Robert Wilfred Long, Junior was charged late Wednesday with menacing, tampering with physical evidence and abuse of a corpse.

According to Dwight Mitchell, a LMPD spokesperson, the Crimes Against Children Unit received a call around 10 a.m. Wednesday about the missing infant from the family of the baby. Mitchell said the boy may have disappeared as early as Monday.

Around 3:50 p.m. Wednesday, the investigation led detectives to a SUV parked in the driveway of a home in the 5500 block of Ridgecrest Road. Mary Simpson, a Ridgecrest Road resident, was home when officers surrounded the black SUV and broke out the front right passenger window.
We learned Long has a long criminal history, which includes other charges regarding the death of an infant. In 1991, Long was convicted of murdering his five-week-old son. Long told police the child slipped and fell down ten steps, but the medical examiner ruled the injuries were consistent with child abuse. In May 1992, a jury found long guilty and recommended he be sentenced to 35 years in prison.
:furious:

more here

http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=11890331

why, oh why, oh whyyyyyyy?????

OMG - this is just heartbreaking.

What is wrong with our justice system. Last I checked 5 week olds don't walk, therefore could never slip and fall down steps. And why is this evil doing out of jail.

Oh this just makes me sick to my stomach :(

Bless you baby....

Mel

Long was convicted of murdering his five-week-old son. Long told police the child slipped and fell down ten steps, but the medical examiner ruled the injuries were consistent with child abuse. In May 1992, a jury found long guilty and recommended he be sentenced to 35 years in prison.

Texas Mist--Wasn't it just a few months ago where we had a thread about a man in Northern California (maybe Oakland) who did the same thing? He killed an adorable little boy and upon investigation, it turned out that he'd committed the same crime with another child by another woman.

How could anyone leave a tiny six week old with a person known to be totally untrustworthy and unsafe with a child? Is there any possibility this mother didn't know of his history.

And if it was recommended he be put away for 35 years in 1992, that would mean we wouldn't be dealing with him until 2027. We need to have a word with the judge and/or the parole board.

Texas Mist--Wasn't it just a few months ago where we had a thread about a man in Northern California (maybe Oakland) who did the same thing? He killed an adorable little boy and upon investigation, it turned out that he'd committed the same crime with another child by another woman.

How could anyone leave a tiny six week old with a person known to be totally untrustworthy and unsafe with a child? Is there any possibility this mother didn't know of his history.

And if it was recommended he be put away for 35 years in 1992, that would mean we wouldn't be dealing with him until 2027. We need to have a word with the judge and/or the parole board.

Yep - little Jashon Williams was 'alledgedly' murdered by a creep who'd killed a 3yo.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91568&page=2&highlight=jashon+williams

But honestly, I'm sure there's more of these stories here -- Jashon's is one that comes to mind. :(

I'd like to think this baby's momma didn't know about the 's priors, but even if she didn't, I find it hard to believe "he was such a nice guy" and there were no red flags....of course I could be wrong - JMO.

And yeah - whoever let a convicted baby killer out to prey on the defenseless again, needs to feel the repercussions.

I hope we hear some answers to how this happened.

RIP, little angel boy. :rose:

And they're so precious at 6 weeks. That's when many start to smile. I have to believe that he's smiling now.

Do parole boards, judges, lawyers etc that handled a prior conviction become notified when the criminal commits another crime? IMO people who help then get back out into society should be very aware of what happned later. Every one of them should have to see what happened to this baby.

VB

http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=11890331

A 44-year-old Louisville man is facing charges related to the death of his six-week-old son.

and

In 1991, Long was convicted of murdering his five-week-old son. He told police the child slipped and fell down ten steps, but the medical examiner ruled the injuries were consistent with child abuse. In May 1992, a jury found long guilty and recommended he be sentenced to 35 years in prison, but he was released early.

BBM

Much more at link

:furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member