1235 users online (215 members and 1020 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

If Baez is not allowed to touch KC..why is Lyons allowed to touch KC?

I searched for the answer...and did not see it. Please merge if a prior query exists.

I've noticed Lyons is "comforting" KC in court, putting her arm around her and so forth. Isn't this exactly what Baez has been ordered not to do? Why is Baez not allowed to offer KC physical overtures of "comfort" ...while (apparently) Lyons is?

Laece is offline Bring it on down to Omelette-ville-ahhh!
    If I remember correctly, Baez was reprimanded for having physical contact (I think he hugged her) with Casey as some saw it as inappropriate and would raise questions.

http://cayleeanthony.wordpress.com/2...casey-in-jail/
    Last edited by Laece; 01-28-2010 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Link
    do not use my posts without my written permission, other than for use contained within quoting on this websleuths site.

just because you always think someone is hiding in the bushes, doesn't mean that they're not.

You're out of the woods
    You're out of the dark

You're out of the night
    Step into the sun, step into the light.

Just stop it, Casey.

Another reason could be that the innappropriate behavior was happening at the jail, and not on camera such as we see with AL. And the behavior at the jail seemed more like hugging and holding hands, as opposed to what AL is showing - more comforting and arm around the should kind of touching.

I wonder why AL feels she needs to comfort and hover over Casey as she does. Is it because she perceives Casey as being in need of comfort? Is she projecting her own neediness onto Casey? Or is it simply for the cameras?

ETA: Or is it as some here have theorized: to control a potentially volatile client?
    Last edited by Oakley; 01-28-2010 at 01:04 PM.

Cause someone has to control that girl. Seriously-or she will jump off a cliff emotionally and do herself some real harm in the eyes of the public. She is not well known for her self control, right?
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Where has Baez been prohibited from comforting his client in court? Can someone show me that is the case? Thanks
    Last edited by JBean; 01-28-2010 at 01:29 PM.

I think and a few other posters mentioned this is a ploy to humanize Casey or to have her appear more human, that she actually has emotions and needs comforting - practice for the murder trial when we will all see an "innocent mother who has been wrongly accused of killing her child" and "look how she suffers". Casey has had some pretty honest media reporting about how she lacks feelings and/or remorse and looks angry and kinda crazy. Gotta change that image, y'know.

Obviously Baez can't do it - because of his reprimands and because he doesn't seem to know what appropriate fatherly touch about. Can you see him hugging and touching her in court when in the media he's referred to Casey as "my girl"? And as a second, yes, I think Lyons is sitting closely by in case she does need restraining.

Quote Originally Posted by affinity View Post
    I searched for the answer...and did not see it. Please merge if a prior query exists.

I've noticed Lyons is "comforting" KC in court, putting her arm around her and so forth. Isn't this exactly what Baez has been ordered not to do? Why is Baez not allowed to offer KC physical overtures of "comfort" ...while (apparently) Lyons is?

To me it's obvious....JB is male, AL female. Besides that...I have seen comforting/motherly gestures from AL but no "flirty-giggly" stuff from AL like we saw going on between JB and KC in court (and out of court) at the beginning of the case.
    However prejudice it might seem.....there is a different perception between an older woman comforting KC and what used to go on between KC and JB IMO. MOO
    Last edited by doogiesgirl; 01-28-2010 at 01:31 PM. Reason: typo
    Rest in Peace Sweet Caylee

I need someone to link that Baez cannot comfort KC in court so I can leave this thread open. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Cause someone has to control that girl. Seriously-or she will jump off a cliff emotionally and do herself some real harm in the eyes of the public. She is not well known for her self control, right?
    I believe you are correct. The Lyon moves look like restraining rather than comforting. During the last hearing she wasn't chained at the feet and the guards moved in like a triangle when she got up to stand at the podium.

I think the poster who started this thread did not differentiate between touching in court or not. The subject seemed to be, imo, why has AL not been reprimanded for physical contact while JB has been reprimanded.

I believe that JB was reprimanded about all the touching before the hearings started in which KC was brought to court.

JB is a male with a very young wife - not only did his behavior seem inappropriate to many, but it made KC behave inappropriately as well in many eyes. Since AL has come on the scene, KC is not acting flirty, making eyes at him and playing little pen games. The tone of the interaction between her and her attorneys has changed considerably.

I still think AL had a long talk with her about comportment in court and emphasized what is at stake. She probably does feel the need to humanize her (or remind her with a touch to not become angry). JB may have gotten the same talk because I notice he is much more business-like when he interacts with her.
    "Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices" - Voltaire

I don't think there is an issue about JB touching KC in court?

I seriously doubt there is an issue -or that there is a rule - it is more knowing that neither JB nor Casey conduct themselves "court appropriately" once touching starts. Both seem to become "flirty" with side chuckles, pen throwing, etc. It me looks like Lyons has had some serious discussions with Baez, because JB doesn't touch her at all, so much so it seems odd.

Did anyone watch the Melanie McGuire case? Man, those two (attorney and client) were all over each other (okay, I'm exaggerating a bit). Especially at the verdict. He either had his arm resting on her chair, or hand on shoulder. I didn't see anything wrong with it -- he was humanizing her.

I believe Baez's lack of contact, eye, emotional, or otherwise, dehumanizes Caysey.

Now I disagree with her flirting, it's just wrong. When I saw her toss her pen on his paper, to me that was a flirting action. She was all giggly at the moment. But if she's crying and he wants to hand her a tissue or pat her on the shoulder, I see nothing wrong with that.

And for this question, I'm putting all case facts aside. I'm just looking at the client/attorney relationship. Now it just seems way too cold for me. Even Geragos consoled Peterson when he absolutely, positively had too (which wasn't very often).

MOO

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    I don't think there is an issue about JB touching KC in court?
    Neither do I. Baez was reprimanded by officials at the County Jail but I have heard nor read anything about it relating to when they are in court.
    Last edited by Intermezzo; 01-28-2010 at 02:25 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first is excellent, the second good, and the third useless.

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast