CA CA - E. Los Angeles, HispMale HC306, 20-40, off Geraghty Avenue, Nov'91

Snufamonbobball

But O for the touch of the vanished hand & the sou
Reaction score
Ok, talk about confusing. The Doe and LA Coroner website have the decedant as 12-17. NamUs has him as 25-35. The age ranges are WAYYYY different and obviously it changes if this PM would work.

One thing that really stands out to me is the Pro Wings shoes. Pro Wings is a Kmart brand, and it's listed that the PM was wearing a Kmart brand shoe.

Jared Negrete: 12, 5'2",150lbs, Hispanic, LKA 7/19/91, Black Kmart brand shoes, all natural teeth, no restorations

UID: 12-17 (or 25-35), 5'2", 108lbs (severely decomposed), Hispanic, Found 11/4/91, Black and White Pro Wings brand shoes, all natural teeth, no restorations

So, what do you think???? Opinions please.
Links to All:

Jared Negrete:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/395dmca.html

UID:
http://doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase306.html

http://coroner.lacounty.gov/htm/uipdetail.cfm?proc_flg=S&unid_case_num=1991-10140

https://identifyus.org/cases/3829

I'm not too sure about this one. If Jared became lost in the mountains of San Gorgonio then I can't imagine that he would be found behind a private residence in LA. Everything else sounds good though...except the pant color (green boy scout vs. blue pants). Back in 1991 KMart was quite popular so the shoe brand would be worn by many people. Nevertheless, I would submit and see what happens. :innocent:

Hm, not sure -- there's so little to go on, but most of the big parts match.

Maybe inquire about the age discrepancy first?

I think it's really worth a look. I remember when Jared went missing. There was a huge search. I figured at the time it was an abduction, so finding the child in another county isn't far fetched.
Here's another link for more info on Jared: http://www.unposted.com/jared_negrete.shtml

Oddly the UID was found at the top of a hill (summit) near the San Bernadino Freeway.

Pretty sick sense of humor for a dump site if it is Jared, no?

Could be a match - plenty doesn't make sense, of course - like how did the weight drop by 42lbs? Decomp alone? Jared certainly looks like a chunky 12-year-old - I wasn't 150lbs until I was 20 and 6'1" - so he could have been kept alive for some time :(

Also, the presumed abduction to the UID is only about 60 miles - would that be close enough for the LA police to think of Jared and look into him at the time?

I think it's really worth a look. I remember when Jared went missing. There was a huge search. I figured at the time it was an abduction, so finding the child in another county isn't far fetched.
Here's another link for more info on Jared: http://www.unposted.com/jared_negrete.shtml

I can see why people thought he had been abducted. After I did a quick google search, I found Jared had one of the biggest searches in CA history. They spent almost $500,000.00 searching for him in those 16 days. It would seem that they should have found something, anything more than just his camera up there. They didn't just have a couple of volunteers, it was a full scale search and recovery mission initiated within 3 hours of him being missing. It was apparently a national story, as my mother remembered it- and we're in IA.

Here are 26 pages of news articles detailing the search for Jared.

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache...ut.pdf+jared+negrete&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

It's hard to imagine someone wouldn't have said "hey, there's a young hispanic boy wearing Kmart shoes missing and he's 5'2"- hey, we have the body of a young hispanic boy, 5'2" wearing Pro Wings sneakers" but unfortunately, decomposing young hispanic males don't always get the attention they deserve. Same with young, murdered asian females found 30 miles from home.

I submitted the decedent to San Bernadino County as a possible match for Jared.

Perhaps the NamUs report is in error regarding the age, after all Cali Jane Doe is male in NamUs. If the age is indeed correct, then they need to update the information on their own website and on Doe- someone out there will never be found unless the information is corrected.

Snuf

... It's hard to imagine someone wouldn't have said "hey, there's a young hispanic boy wearing Kmart shoes missing and he's 5'2"- hey, we have the body of a young hispanic boy, 5'2" wearing Pro Wings sneakers" but unfortunately, decomposing young hispanic males don't always get the attention they deserve. Same with young, murdered asian females found 30 miles from home.

I submitted the decedent to San Bernadino County as a possible match for Jared. ...

I know that I am sometimes guilty of looking at hispanic UID's and saying to myself that they are probably recent illegal immigrants who were not reported missing. Los Angeles, Texas and Arizona have hundreds of hispanic UID's that are probably not given much effort in determining who they are.

But given that you are submitting to San Bernadino County, I am sure that David VanNorman will give due diligence to your submission.

I know that I am sometimes guilty of looking at hispanic UID's and saying to myself that they are probably recent illegal immigrants who were not reported missing.

But given that you are submitting to San Bernadino County, I am sure that David VanNorman will give due diligence to your submission.

Exactly. With Dawn, LA county said call the jurisdiction where the missing person is from. So that's what I've done. Jared has dentals on file, so I would think it could be a quick exclusion.

Curiously, how were the remains discovered on the hill to begin with? Who has access to the hill?

This is a case where I have a confidentiality clause attached to my communications with LE, so I really can't post specific information regarding potential match exclusions, ect.

I know this has been looked into by the best people, and I have complete faith that Mr. Van Norman wouldn't let a potential match slip by without conclusive proof of an exclusion.

This is a case where I have a confidentiality clause attached to my communications with LE, so I really can't post specific information regarding potential match exclusions, ect.

I know this has been looked into by the best people, and I have complete faith that Mr. Van Norman wouldn't let a potential match slip by without conclusive proof of an exclusion.

who placed a confidentiality clause Snuf? you or LE? I'm just a bit confused. (would not be the first nor last time that has happened. LOL)

I know where there is a pending investigation LE tends to be more tight-lipped about giving out information to the public but it is not like anyone here is looking at their files.

the UID is listed on publicly accessible websites which invite the public to submit any tips.

LE (on the MP side) placed the clause. I just won't take a chance that I'll do something that could jepordize my relationships with LE.

One thing I know I can safely say- Jared is in NamUs as is the UID. DNA has recently been taken for testing for Jared, and with Jared being in David VanNorman's jurisdiction, he's in the best hands.

I'm extra careful with what I say on the internet, I spoke far to soon about Dawn's case- before she was officially identified-I got a stern talking to, but I understand why there's a need for discretion. I learned a valuable lesson- always pay attention to confidentiality clauses, or you're going to be out of loop, and that's somewhere where I'd like to stay.

Update?!? Hoping for closure. I've followed Jared Negrete's case since I was a child!

The NamUs profile (updated May 2014) says the UID is 20 - 40 years old, but Doe Network still says he's 12 - 17. What's up with that?

Sergio Norega

Age (18) is 2 years from the new age range
Race (Hispanic) matches
Height (5'3) is within an inch
Hair color (black) matches
Timing (17 months between date LKA and UID's date of discovery) doesn't necessarily rule him out, considering there's so little information about his disappearance
Distance (missing from same city) works

Weight (145 pounds) is 37 pounds off, but the weight may be inaccurate considering the body was decomposing and almost 1 1/2 years had passed since Sergio's disappearance.

Was reading on the San Gorgonio Mountain Adventures forum and saw a few things. An experienced outdoorsman believe he fell into a rocky canyon and died (that's easy enough to guess). More importantly: 2 other people have gone missing in the general vicinity where Jared went missing but they were both located. One of them hiked forever in the drainage area of the South Fork and made her way out and I don't remember the other one.

Wouldn't it be difficult to abduct someone in this environment? This was a pretty busy trail and people even reported seeing Jared on the Vivian Creek Trail heading away from the summit. Someone would have seen him walk by with someone. Of course, a perp could do something and then throw him off a cliff but I think others on the trail would be suspicious. One of the articles in that PDF of articles stated that deer were the only animals in the area detected by monitors.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petoskey
Back