TX - CPS: 11-Year-Old Impregnated by Family Member

This poor, poor little girl. I can't read it.

Now what?

Can someone help this poor child?

An 11-year-old mom was taken into the custody of Child Protective Services after the agency discovered the she was impregnated by a family member

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/100128-preteen-mom-abused-family-member

OH and MOM knew about it and did nothing!!

This is beyond disgusting!!

I wonder if the story @ this link is related:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7244771

Too coincidental -- both 11 years old & impregnated by a "family member" with a "caregiver" that knew what was going on. :furious:

I don't think they can lock the up long enough.

ETA: Alvin is in the Houston metro area

That poor girl :( I dont understand how people know and do nothing about it!

Okay, I don't get this (from the original article):

The 11-year-old, her baby and the preteen's sibling have been placed with relatives, CPS officials said.

How did an 11 year old give birth without being in a hospital -- do you know how dangerous that is. I can't imagine that she didn't need after care, let alone the child. I wish the article would elaborate on if she was detained in a hospital or someone else turned the family in.

In any case, this is horrifying. I hope the mom/family member go to jail for a long long time. The 11 year old life is now ruined :(

Mel

Okay, I don't get this (from the original article):

The 11-year-old, her baby and the preteen's sibling have been placed with relatives, CPS officials said.

How did an 11 year old give birth without being in a hospital -- do you know how dangerous that is. I can't imagine that she didn't need after care, let alone the child. I wish the article would elaborate on if she was detained in a hospital or someone else turned the family in.

In any case, this is horrifying. I hope the mom/family member go to jail for a long long time. The 11 year old life is now ruined :(

Mel

worse yet this was going on for FIVE Years, since she was just 6, and no one did anything about it arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

This reminds me of the case where a pregnant 12-year old and her sister were missing. The step-father had kidnapped them. When they were found LE found out that the 12 year old was pregnant by the step-father. I'm sure the mother was aware in that case too. I hope she's serving some time for offering up her daughter like that.

Well, if the link that TexasMist posted is connected, which it pretty much has to be, she delivered by C-section, so that would be at the hospital.

Absolutely disgusting. Hopefully the baby is given up for adoption so this child can get the therapy she needs and attempt to have a normal life.

Years ago, Shamrock, I would have agreed with you. However, I've since learned that many pre-teen and teen mom who have been illegally impregnated do best while growing up in specialized foster homes designed for them and their babies.

Their wishes always come first as after all, they are the parent (sad and shocking as that may be). There are some girls who do wish to move on and choose adoption. But many girls have already lost so much and have had no control over their lives, that they choose to raise their babies. For many, it's the first time in their lives where they've experienced "healthy love".

These specialized foster homes are very unique in that both the child/mother and the infant get their needs met. The girls are encouraged to continue their education and to learn parenting skills. I actually feel that many many of the 18-19 year old young moms could even benefit from a stay at foster homes like this. Many single teen moms have families who are highly supportive but many do not. Those are the girls who struggle, make poor choices, and often end up losing their children to the state.

Now if we could just figure out a way to keep the slimeballs away from their pre-teen relatives in the first place.........

Years ago, Shamrock, I would have agreed with you. However, I've since learned that many pre-teen and teen mom who have been illegally impregnated do best while growing up in specialized foster homes designed for them and their babies.

Their wishes always come first as after all, they are the parent (sad and shocking as that may be). There are some girls who do wish to move on and choose adoption. But many girls have already lost so much and have had no control over their lives, that they choose to raise their babies. For many, it's the first time in their lives where they've experienced "healthy love".

These specialized foster homes are very unique in that both the child/mother and the infant get their needs met. The girls are encouraged to continue their education and to learn parenting skills. I actually feel that many many of the 18-19 year old young moms could even benefit from a stay at foster homes like this. Many single teen moms have families who are highly supportive but many do not. Those are the girls who struggle, make poor choices, and often end up losing their children to the state.

Now if we could just figure out a way to keep the slimeballs away from their pre-teen relatives in the first place.........

well i wish the girl and her baby luck and happiness if that's at all possible.
i hope the freak fries........
can you believe he's still denying it's his baby even after dna tests?

What in the H*ll is wrong with that "mother"?!?!?

It is basic animal instinct to protect one's young. I would die, and kill for, my little one.

Nice of them to wait till she had a child to finally save her from further abuse.I am sure this family was under their eye but yet it took having a baby at 11 to finally remove her and her siblings.What is wrong with this country ! They will remove an abused animal quicker then they do an abused child.

Nice of them to wait till she had a child to finally save her from further abuse.I am sure this family was under their eye but yet it took having a baby at 11 to finally remove her and her siblings.What is wrong with this country ! They will remove an abused animal quicker then they do an abused child.

what fun is doing your job when you can get paid for doing nothing.

What in the H*ll is wrong with that "mother"?!?!?

It is basic animal instinct to protect one's young. I would die, and kill for, my little one.

I have no idea what is wrong with her. But I am SICK to DEATH of "mothers" getting away with it. IMO She is every bit as guilty as her daughter's rapist! She should be charged with CONSPIRACY to COMMIT CHILD SEXUAL ASSAULT and sent to ROT in prison...just like the rapist!

I have no idea what is wrong with her. But I am SICK to DEATH of "mothers" getting away with it. IMO She is every bit as guilty as her daughter's rapist! She should be charged with CONSPIRACY to COMMIT CHILD SEXUAL ASSAULT and sent to ROT in prison...just like the rapist!

At the very least, Failure to Protect.

I swear I use this too often, but there are some people who shouldn't be parents.

Well, if the link that TexasMist posted is connected, which it pretty much has to be, she delivered by C-section, so that would be at the hospital.

Thank you. 11 year olds are not wired to have babies -- meaning she is not emotionally and physically ready for a pregnancy. Poor thing to have to go thru a C-section. I did 3 X and it's no walk in the park.

Mel

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back