UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 1375UMCA
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1375umca.html

cc631fa8-2627-4f65-b214-3e9ed39fcb05.jpg

Unidentified Male

* The victim was discovered on September 8, 1991 in San Diego, San Diego County, California

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 17-29 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5' 8"; 112 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair; brown eyes.
* Clothing: Blue plaid long-sleeve button front shirt, size not noted; white undershirt, size not noted.
* Fingerprints: Available; the prints were searched at the time of death and again in 2008 but have failed to identify the deceased.
* Dentals: Chart and x-rays available
* DNA: Complete - DNA Profile available in FBI NMPDD

Case History
On the morning of September 3, 1991 this decedent was apparently assaulted by being struck in the head with a 2x4 (wood board). He was transported to Mercy Hospital & Medical Center (currently Scripps Mercy Hospital) where he was diagnosed with a head injury. He subsequently died at the hospital on September 8, 1991.
It was listed in the medical records that upon his admission he was speaking Vietnamese although this information can no longer be confirmed.

The doe network used my facial reconstruction for this UID, so I am putting it on the board for ideas on how to solve it. There is clearly nobody in Charlie that even comes close to being a match to this UID.

I sent the following letter to VietACT (Vietnamese Alliance to Combat Trafficking). (I tried to send it to the Vietnamese Federation Of San Diego, but the e-mail was rejected. I also tried to contact the President of the VFOSD, but his phone was disconnected)

Attention VietACT:

A young man, approximately 20 years old died in San Diego of head injuries in 1991. He was never identified. Persons who saw him prior to his death indicated that he may have spoken Vietnamese. Attached is a postmortem photo of this man, as well as an artist’s conception of how this man may have looked in life.

I am sending this to you in the hopes that you might have the capability of distributing this throughout your community, and that someone in your community might recognize him. Somewhere there is a family who has been wondering for the last 19 years what happened to their loved one.

See below link for details

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1375umca.html

I attempted to send this message to the Vietnamese Federation of San Diego, but was unsuccessful. The e-mail message was rejected because the recipient’s mailbox was full. I also attempted to contact Tiet Tran, President of the Vietnamese Federation of San Diego, but his telephone was disconnected. If you know of any other effective means of distributing this message, please let me know.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me

Thank you Carl, that's a great reconstruction. Did anybody from the Vietnamese community ever reply?

His Namus link says he had two teeth missing antemortem, a wisdom tooth in the mandible and one tooth in the upper front.

Warning: Postmortem Photo At Link
https://identifyus.org/cases/4948

Thank you Carl, that's a great reconstruction. Did anybody from the Vietnamese community ever reply?

His Namus link says he had two teeth missing antemortem, a wisdom tooth in the mandible and one tooth in the upper front.
https://identifyus.org/cases/4948

No, I never was able to reach anyone from the Vietnamese Federation of San Diego. But since you brought this case up, I decided to revise the recon. This was one of my earlier ones, and it needed a little more work.

cc631fa8-2627-4f65-b214-3e9ed39fcb05.jpg

Rule outs:

TIMOTHY PARRY 1970 Utah
Myron Traylor 1974 Arizona

Still very few MP males of Asian origin in the system. Someone must be missing this young man.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back