885 users online (91 members and 794 guests)  

Websleuths News

NE - Sexual Assault Of 9 Year Old, Offender Found Hiding

Ross T. Shepherd was hiding from the law. Now why would that be? Thank goodness a confidential informant dimed him out. Shepherd has been accused of sexually assaulting a nine year old girl while mom let him stay at their home a few days.

Hey, this is modern times. Maybe mom had him stay on the couch. Hello, he's a Lifetime Registered Sex offender. He did time for sexually assaulting a little four year old girl. Not enough time. He's also got a lengthy record.

Defense attorney asked the Judge if Ross could stay with his brother. Judge said after reading all that there's no way he was reducing the bail. $250,000. Thank goodness for that.

http://www.yorknewstimes.com/article...8016924379.txt

O.K. let's just say this guy asked to stay at your home for a few days. You have a nine year old child. Let's figure you know the man's name you're allowing into your home to sleep there for awhile.

Click here and then you tell me is it that difficult to know the guy sexually assaulted a child and isn't right in his head? I ask this because there's sexual offenders who are offending for the first time. There's ones who have never been caught or told on. A parent feels awful as it is in those cases I am certain. I mean but this?

http://www.nsp.state.ne.us/sor/Subje...GNUM=200704QY2

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    O.K. let's just say this guy asked to stay at your home for a few days. You have a nine year old child. Let's figure you know the man's name you're allowing into your home to sleep there for awhile.

Click here and then you tell me is it that difficult to know the guy sexually assaulted a child and isn't right in his head? I ask this because there's sexual offenders who are offending for the first time. There's ones who have never been caught or told on. A parent feels awful as it is in those cases I am certain. I mean but this?

http://www.nsp.state.ne.us/sor/Subje...GNUM=200704QY2
    Oh yah, now that's someone I'd definitely invite into my home - NOT. What was that mother thinking????

MOO

Mel

Quote Originally Posted by mgardner View Post
    Oh yah, now that's someone I'd definitely invite into my home - NOT. What was that mother thinking????

MOO

Mel
    And I thought it was just me, Mel. Thank you.

jmo
    anyone who invites a convicted sex offender into there house, knowing that he is one, and that person then goes on to assault a child, or anyonelse for that matter, in that house, that person is an accomplice......an accomplice before the fact even.

snipped from the link

"A jury trial has been set for March 4. If convicted, he could be facing up to five years in prison."

Only five years max for a second time offender is outrageous! That is not near enough time IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Melly53 View Post
    snipped from the link

"A jury trial has been set for March 4. If convicted, he could be facing up to five years in prison."

Only five years max for a second time offender is outrageous! That is not near enough time IMO.
    Omg! 5 yrs?! For violating these poor young children. OUTRAGED to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Melly53 View Post
    snipped from the link

and given 'untruth in sentencing' he'll be out in 2. if that long.