Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skygirl View Post
    I know this sounds evil, but could the sa put a life-sized card board cut out photo of caylee and have it/her sitting in a chair at the SA table?
    I would not be surprised if they have a pretty big photo of her (sorry - Caylee) up during the trial.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

I am sure the defense will drag this process out for some time yet, so while the trunk will hold its unsavory scent for some time it will not be to the magnitude it was in 2008. They might be better off letting peoples vivid testimony speak towards that point. I would hate for another disasterous scenario like the fitting of "OJ's glove" to happen to the States case.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Person of Interest For This Useful Post:

I think visuals of all the key players w/names attached, w/locations of their homes/work/bars etc., would be in order as well. Like pics of ea & every guy kc was "dating" during what time period and how much traveling she did daily w/Caylee in tow and how that activity changed (or didn't) after her disappearance/death.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wenwe4 For This Useful Post:

This is going to sound awful. I can't even believe I'm going to say (type) it. But I think the jurors in this trial are actually a bit lucky. When they are shown the autopsy photos (which is pretty much a given!) they will be seeing bones. No blood & gore like Nicole Brown Simpson & Ronald Goldman, no drowned bodies like Susan Smith's boys...just bones. I think this will lessen the impact of the photos to some extent, but hopefully they got good photos of the remains with the vegetation growing through it to show how long it had been there.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to hroark2112 For This Useful Post:

Thank you for starting this thread, WenWe4. With all the new and emerging technologies available, the Prosecution has the ability to present evidence in a compelling manner. And that is a good thing for Caylee.
    Last edited by Oakley; 01-29-2010 at 05:41 PM.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Oakley For This Useful Post:

I'm wondering if they will show a replica or model of a small child's skull with three layers of duct tape around the mandible, so the jury can see what was actually found at the crime scene (in real life). I know they will actually see photos, but to see it in real life would be unbelievable, particularly after exposure to elements. (So sad too).

JEFF ASHTON AND LINDA DRANE-BURDICK ARE MY HEROES!!

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to debbie0604 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by debbie0604 View Post
    I'm wondering if they will show a replica or model of a small child's skull with three layers of duct tape around the mandible, so the jury can see what was actually found at the crime scene (in real life). I know they will actually see photos, but to see it in real life would be unbelievable, particularly after exposure to elements. (So sad too).
    I think that is a great idea! Showing how her little face/head/skull would actually look before and after decomp with the duct tape in place. I believe the distance between chin and nostrils on this small child is not that large and would easily be covered by the 3 overlapping pieces of duct tape. They took the taped pieces apart and showed those pics, but to see all of the wrinkles, curves, and impressions of the duct tape as it was placed over her flesh would be extremely compelling. The SA would be wise to see if grad students in crime reconstruction via technology want to work on a project. Free (or cheap) and brilliant assistance with people who have appropriate supervision by professors in the field.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wenwe4 For This Useful Post:

Eidetic is offline Open your eyes to the millions of lies that they tell you every day.
    Meeting with spiritual advisors and therapists
    They should put a medical dummy Caylee's weight and size folded up in a fetal position inside the same brand trash bags and lay it on a table in front of the jurors box for some period of time.
    The lack of movement, and the sound it made being placed on the table should stick with them.

Too bad they couldn't make Casey pick it up, carry it in and put it on the table for them.

"She's safe. She's in God's loving arms. In a lot of ways, I'm content by the fact that she will never have to have her heart broken, or see the constant negativity that our society breeds -nor will she ever be abused or taken advantage of." -Casey Anthony
    "They just want Caylee back, that's all they're worried about right now,"- Casey Anthony

"I'm so angry and disappointed in our country's legal system, it makes me sick." -Casey Anthony
    "I guess you could say I am living for free off the kindness of strangers." -Casey Anthony
    "(Both of my parents are) not working, still, and yet, have the means to travel all over the country and don't feel that they have to explain where or why. Odd, right? -Casey Anthony

I am so sorry Caylee.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Eidetic For This Useful Post:

Eidetic is offline Open your eyes to the millions of lies that they tell you every day.
    They could also have Frank Bender sculpt a bust using the dimensions of Caylee's skull with the exact placement of the duct tape in her hair and all.

"She's safe. She's in God's loving arms. In a lot of ways, I'm content by the fact that she will never have to have her heart broken, or see the constant negativity that our society breeds -nor will she ever be abused or taken advantage of." -Casey Anthony
    "They just want Caylee back, that's all they're worried about right now,"- Casey Anthony

"I'm so angry and disappointed in our country's legal system, it makes me sick." -Casey Anthony
    "I guess you could say I am living for free off the kindness of strangers." -Casey Anthony
    "(Both of my parents are) not working, still, and yet, have the means to travel all over the country and don't feel that they have to explain where or why. Odd, right? -Casey Anthony

I am so sorry Caylee.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Eidetic For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eidetic View Post
    They could also have Frank Bender sculpt a bust using the dimensions of Caylee's skull with the exact placement of the duct tape in her hair and all.

I found this link of an interview w/Frank Bender - forensic sculptures. The work this man has done is amazing!
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycvalndZgS8[/ame]

I agree Eidetic - the 3 pieces of overlapping duct tape on a small child's bust would certainly prove beyond any reasonable doubt that it covered both Caylee's nose and mouth.
    (BTW - is your name meant to be cited ie: backwards?)

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wenwe4 For This Useful Post:

Here is an interesting article about 360 degree leica scanning of the scene:

"Why is the data so compelling to a jury?
    Data from a 3D laser scan is not someone’s reconstructed interpretation of the scene. It is the scene. Being able to virtually revisit the scene, frozen in time exactly as the first responder found it, provides public safety officials (and jurors with high expectations due to the “CSI Effect”) with a powerful way to visualize and place themselves into the scene".

http://www.forensicssource.com/p-250...station-2.aspx

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wenwe4 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by eidetic View Post
    they could also have frank bender sculpt a bust using the dimensions of caylee's skull with the exact placement of the duct tape in her hair and all.
    excellent idea!!!!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debbie0604 For This Useful Post:

Given Mr. Ashton's statements on the state's theory of Caylee's death, I'm wondering if the prosecution will have a small doll the size of Caylee and will reinact the scenario of Caylee's death to the jury using the small doll. I'm wondering if they will demonstrate how KC restrained Caylee's arms after applying the duct tape. I can't type anymore. This is so sad. I hope whatever prop or demonstration they use will assist in her conviction!

I also think that if the SA uses these props/demonstrations, it will be interesting to watch KC's reaction in court IIKWIM. JMO

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to debbie0604 For This Useful Post:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/eidetic

eidetic
    One entry found.

Main Entry: ei·det·ic
    Pronunciation: \ī-ˈde-tik\
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: Greek eidētikos of a form, from eidos form — more at wise
    Date: circa 1924
    : marked by or involving extraordinarily accurate and vivid recall especially of visual images <an eidetic memory>

— ei·det·i·cal·ly \-ti-k(ə-)lē\ adverb

Basically, it is the correct terminology for "photographic memory".

I am so sorry Caylee.

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Eidetic For This Useful Post:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWYQEyqWLUs[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBXNG_aePGA[/ame]

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The World According For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast