Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What "visuals" might the State use to present evidence to the Jurors?

Here is an interesting article about 360 degree leica scanning of the scene:

"Why is the data so compelling to a jury?
    Data from a 3D laser scan is not someone’s reconstructed interpretation of the scene. It is the scene. Being able to virtually revisit the scene, frozen in time exactly as the first responder found it, provides public safety officials (and jurors with high expectations due to the “CSI Effect”) with a powerful way to visualize and place themselves into the scene".

http://www.forensicssource.com/p-250...station-2.aspx

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wenwe4 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by eidetic View Post
    they could also have frank bender sculpt a bust using the dimensions of caylee's skull with the exact placement of the duct tape in her hair and all.
    excellent idea!!!!

JEFF ASHTON AND LINDA DRANE-BURDICK ARE MY HEROES!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debbie0604 For This Useful Post:

Given Mr. Ashton's statements on the state's theory of Caylee's death, I'm wondering if the prosecution will have a small doll the size of Caylee and will reinact the scenario of Caylee's death to the jury using the small doll. I'm wondering if they will demonstrate how KC restrained Caylee's arms after applying the duct tape. I can't type anymore. This is so sad. I hope whatever prop or demonstration they use will assist in her conviction!

I also think that if the SA uses these props/demonstrations, it will be interesting to watch KC's reaction in court IIKWIM. JMO

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to debbie0604 For This Useful Post:

Eidetic is offline Open your eyes to the millions of lies that they tell you every day.
    Meeting with spiritual advisors and therapists
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/eidetic

eidetic
    One entry found.

Main Entry: ei·det·ic
    Pronunciation: \ī-ˈde-tik\
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: Greek eidētikos of a form, from eidos form — more at wise
    Date: circa 1924
    : marked by or involving extraordinarily accurate and vivid recall especially of visual images <an eidetic memory>

— ei·det·i·cal·ly \-ti-k(ə-)lē\ adverb

Basically, it is the correct terminology for "photographic memory".

"She's safe. She's in God's loving arms. In a lot of ways, I'm content by the fact that she will never have to have her heart broken, or see the constant negativity that our society breeds -nor will she ever be abused or taken advantage of." -Casey Anthony
    "They just want Caylee back, that's all they're worried about right now,"- Casey Anthony

"I'm so angry and disappointed in our country's legal system, it makes me sick." -Casey Anthony
    "I guess you could say I am living for free off the kindness of strangers." -Casey Anthony
    "(Both of my parents are) not working, still, and yet, have the means to travel all over the country and don't feel that they have to explain where or why. Odd, right? -Casey Anthony

I am so sorry Caylee.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Eidetic For This Useful Post:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWYQEyqWLUs[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBXNG_aePGA[/ame]

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The World According For This Useful Post:

www.wftv.com/news/20316176/detail.html

Click on 3D Animation of Remains Site

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The World According For This Useful Post:

An explaination for why no hole was dug.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwYVfCHlG3I&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The World According For This Useful Post:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPdDRIIPc1g&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

The field trip.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The World According For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by The World According View Post
    Wow... edit out MF and that's a pretty good beginning to a "closing argument".

I attended [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22541"]The closing arguments for the Avila Trial -Murderer of Samantha Runnion CLICK HERE[/ame] with some other WS'ers. the prosecutors saved some of the very graphic pictures of Samantha displayed on the hillside for closing arguments. the jurors had never seen these pictures and so the shock value was high. they only showed them to the jury, not the public. Unfortunately, my sister was sitting in such a position that she saw some of them and had to leave the proceedings and could not return to the courtroom.
    The prosecutor did a very powerful power point presentation that made it very easy to follow the incriminating evidence.

This right here was overwhelming:
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=614396&postcount=24"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Donate to the Joyful Child Foundation!

Last edited by JBean; 01-30-2010 at 05:24 PM. Reason: add picture of samantha for the visual :)

19. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    I attended The closing arguments for the Avila Trial -Murderer of Samantha Runnion CLICK HERE with some other WS'ers. the prosecutors saved some of the very graphic pictures of Samantha displayed on the hillside for closing arguments. the jurors had never seen these pictures and so the shock value was high. they only showed them to the jury, not the public. Unfortunately, my sister was sitting in such a position that she saw some of them and had to leave the proceedings and could not return to the courtroom.
    The prosecutor did a very powerful power point presentation that made it very easy to follow the incriminating evidence.

This right here was overwhelming:
    Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    I followed this sad case and my heart cried for Erin. I read through the link you provided. Sweet Jesus, that poor baby suffered. I had to take a break from just reading your posts...

I'm hoping the DA in the Caylee case will also have a powerful presentation for the jury so that they will be able to see just what KC did to Caylee.

(After reading the previous thread, I have to take another breather. Jesus.. Sorry)

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to debbie0604 For This Useful Post:

Beautiful Caylee will be introduced to the Jury. They will fall in love with her.

The jury will be seeing all the visual evidence many of you mentioned. Served as a side dish, the jury gets to see photos of the mother searching and dancing at Fusion. The tattoo picture will be shown. A visual of a happy mom connected with the things that have made jurors cry will produce outrage, IMO. They won't go easy on Casey no matter how she wears her hair or dresses for court.

23. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Curious Me For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Curious Me View Post
    Beautiful Caylee will be introduced to the Jury. They will fall in love with her.

The jury will be seeing all the visual evidence many of you mentioned. Served as a side dish, the jury gets to see photos of the mother searching and dancing at Fusion. The tattoo picture will be shown. A visual of a happy mom connected with the things that have made jurors cry will produce outrage, IMO. They won't go easy on Casey no matter how she wears her hair or dresses for court.
    Yes and there will be a big poster entitled "Casey's Lies ", the jury is going to have a visceral reaction to her never reporting her daughter missing, and her grandmother needing to do so on DAY 31! I think the average person will feel the way Mike does here in this clip: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVATAKaV4HQ[/ame]

LIVID!!!

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The World According For This Useful Post:

kaRN is offline Verified Health Professional - Registered Nurse
    Quote Originally Posted by skygirl View Post
    I know this sounds evil, but could the sa put a life-sized card board cut out photo of caylee and have it/her sitting in a chair at the SA table?
    I don't see why not. The defense in Christopher Pitman's trial was allowed to use a life size cut out of the defendant at the age and size he was when he murdered his GP's.

Injustice for Caylee Marie Anthony.

Copyright that Cindy

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot. Nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Suess

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kaRN For This Useful Post:

Yes and there will be a big poster entitled "Casey's Lies ", the jury is going to have a visceral reaction to her never reporting her daughter missing, and her grandmother needing to do so on DAY 31! I think the average person will feel the way Mike does here in this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVATAKaV4HQ

LIVID!!!
    Thank you for that The World According - CNN gets mad - I don't believe I've ever seen that video before - even though I thought I'd seen everything out there. It gives me hope to see how passionate about Caylee people were then and still are.
    I guess I get somewhat numb to my original feelings about this case as we dissect and talk and argue and chat about each little detail about this case. It helps to be reminded of the original horror at the real facts about the case, about who her killer is, and how much beautiful Caylee likely suffered.

I wish we had a "big tear" icon.

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

AL has stated in some of her seminars.....(please visit the AL thread for links to all those posted) that she prepares jurors for photos by apologizing for their having to look at such disturbing images. She builds the photos up to be much worse so that when they are finally provided, that they do not seem as bad as the juror may have expected. She in essence attempts to desensitize the jurors so that the "impact" of the photos is diminished.

31. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to sleutherontheside For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hroark2112 View Post
    This is going to sound awful. I can't even believe I'm going to say (type) it. But I think the jurors in this trial are actually a bit lucky. When they are shown the autopsy photos (which is pretty much a given!) they will be seeing bones. No blood & gore like Nicole Brown Simpson & Ronald Goldman, no drowned bodies like Susan Smith's boys...just bones. I think this will lessen the impact of the photos to some extent, but hopefully they got good photos of the remains with the vegetation growing through it to show how long it had been there.
    While the pictures of the remains won't be as gory, I think that a picture of a tiny skull with hair (ponytail?) and three pieces of duct tape covering most of the face will make a strong impact on the jury.
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.

33. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Tuffy For This Useful Post:

I know a visual they are going to use, the text messages on a presentation. They are compelling.[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX-0bfuneak[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmixlqaEsSo[/ame]
    Last edited by The World According; 01-31-2010 at 11:21 AM.

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The World According For This Useful Post:

If the jury sees the jailhouse visits, it is over.[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t53aavEh_To[/ame]
    Last edited by The World According; 01-31-2010 at 11:15 AM.

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The World According For This Useful Post:

Yes! There is a gas station just above Amscott.

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Beatrice For This Useful Post:

If the jury sees the jailhouse visits, it is over.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t53aavEh_To
    Cindy knows.....

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Beatrice For This Useful Post:

Plant roots growing up through the bones.... well what a visual that would be. When those photos and findings are discussed by the experts it is going to be very strong evidence of how long that little Angel's body was in those woods. I do not envy the jury. This is going to be brutal on them all. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbMPVJwpONI[/ame]entemology.pdf Entemology and Autopsy reports

caylee.anthony.autopsy.pdf
    Last edited by The World According; 01-31-2010 at 11:57 AM.

43. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to The World According For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sleutherontheside View Post
    AL has stated in some of her seminars.....(please visit the AL thread for links to all those posted) that she prepares jurors for photos by apologizing for their having to look at such disturbing images. She builds the photos up to be much worse so that when they are finally provided, that they do not seem as bad as the juror may have expected. She in essence attempts to desensitize the jurors so that the "impact" of the photos is diminished.
    Somehow, I would expect that from her....as that would be her so-called "job" I guess... but I pray that the jury are compassionate human beings and will be able to see just what this monster did to her baby. I just don't think that she will be able to provide any type of "prep talk" that will be able to soften the impact, that the autopsy and crime scene photos will have on the jury... JMOO

45. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to debbie0604 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hroark2112 View Post
    I bet the jurors get a shop visit to smell that trunk!! JB will fight it, but I think they'll see the car in person.
    Yes, it would be a good way for the Prosecution "to drive the point home" to give the jurors a "real sense"(couldn't help the pun) to go with other evidence and the given testimony of experts and the A's themselves.
    ----------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first is excellent, the second good, and the third useless.

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

47. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Intermezzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
    So do you think they would have both testimony from experts, photos and a road trip to visit the car so the jury could both see and smell the car?
    I hope so, wouldn't that be just GRAND!
    ----------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first is excellent, the second good, and the third useless.

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

49. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Intermezzo For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast