What "visuals" might the State use to present evidence to the Jurors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenwe4

Reaction score
I am curious about what the visuals might be that the State will utilize in the presentation of evidence to the Jurors. With the new technology available I am sure they will be presenting the 3D visual tour of the woods that little Caylee was dumped in. In addition, I think it would be powerful to have either a "bust" or a 3D visual of the exact replica of this tiny child's head and face, with the multiple layers of duct tape that covered her mouth (and nose?) completed with exact measurements to show sizes. I wonder if they might even present a sort of "day in the life" of KC scenario. I wanted to spark some of our WS'rs knowledge and sleuthing skills to speculate (or even offer ideas for SA) about what techniques might provide the most powerful impact on the jurors. (Mods if this is a duplicate or just plain wrong - feel free to move this thread. TIA!)

I wonder if the trunk of the car would be a visual? Kinda big to drag into court with it still smelling.
There would be the bags she was found in, the duct tape, or interesting - can someone tell me if they bring in the real thing or just photos of it?

I think they try to bring in the "real thing" is much as possible. The items would probably be enclosed in plastic bags to keep the smell from leaking out. Doubtful they would want the smell of decomp lingering in the courtroom, but they have so much testimony - I think the jurors (at least I know I would) defer to those who could describe it so well. The pictures may have further data that is unseen on the real items. (ie: the description of the stain in the trunk seen by the forensic people on her computer screen)

I bet the jurors get a shop visit to smell that trunk!! JB will fight it, but I think they'll see the car in person.

So do you think they would have both testimony from experts, photos and a road trip to visit the car so the jury could both see and smell the car?

Yes, I can imagine that some of the material would have to be photos that experts could testify about, such as the actual remains of little Caylee, some of the duct tape, etc.

But do you think we will have both photos, expert testimony AND a road trip for the jury to see and smell the actual car?

Oops, double post!

Another powerful visual would be to have an exact replica rag doll to show height/weight and dimensions of little Caylee. I could see JA wrapping this doll in a Winnie-the Pooh blanket, double bagging in Hefty bags, and then placing into the laundry bag to show ease of carrying the bag. We had many discussions about how difficult (or not) it might be for KC to maneuver dead weight of 40#.

I wonder if the SA might have the ability to show where KC was during the cellphone pings w/maps & texts maybe even running in real time during those flurry of calls on June 16th. How she went thru each day and what she actually spent her time doing, it would be a big impact to prove that none of those calls during those first 31 days were nothing about her Missing flesh and blood child. They could show how she drove past Amscot daily and during which times. Illustrate patterns of behavior that KC displayed prior to Caylee missing and immediately after 6/15

I bet the jurors get a shop visit to smell that trunk!! JB will fight it, but I think they'll see the car in person.

IF the car still has the smell, I would think a visit would be necessary... also, (maybe off topic? but it would be "visual") would be a visit to the woods if necessary to show the events surrounding RK finding the remains... like how he could step in and see the bag but later the police officer couldn't sort of thing?

I believe a 3D map with images of the scattered remains. This is so disturbing to think of and to type out, but I think it will hit home with the jurors...........The fact that her vertebrae were dragged off while they still had connective tissue attached...then scattered in the location that portion of her body was dragged to. (animal activity)

I remember when I read the forensic report of the remains, that image nearly made me ill. If I were the SA, I would spend a lot of time on that fact....if I could stomach it.

It is horrible to know that she was tossed in the woods to decompose like a bag of grass clippings, it is horrific to know she was basically mutilated by nature in the process. **aacck...I made myself sick again**

IF the car still has the smell, I would think a visit would be necessary... also, (maybe off topic? but it would be "visual") would be a visit to the woods if necessary to show the events surrounding RK finding the remains... like how he could step in and see the bag but later the police officer couldn't sort of thing?

I agree. I think they should take both of these visits. Especially to the woods - then everyone can see for themselves just how "close to home" Caylee really was.

I wonder if the trunk of the car would be a visual? Kinda big to drag into court with it still smelling.
There would be the bags she was found in, the duct tape, or interesting - can someone tell me if they bring in the real thing or just photos of it?

They can always take them on a field trip.

I know this sounds evil, but could the sa put a life-sized card board cut out photo of caylee and have it/her sitting in a chair at the SA table?

I would think that a trip to visit/smell the car would happen. Apparently you can take the B out of the car but not the O (b.o.). The car shall always smell like a decomposing body no matter how long time passes. That is a big nail in casey's coffin. I'm sure to quite sure trying to put the blame on Roy won't pass the mustard with the distinctive smell of a rotting corpse in the back of casey's car

The distance between the Anthony house, Lee's house & the crime scene.

Also, the Gonzalez house, Fernandez and Zanaida house.

And the abandoned home.

I know this sounds evil, but could the sa put a life-sized card board cut out photo of caylee and have it/her sitting in a chair at the SA table?

I would not be surprised if they have a pretty big photo of her (sorry - Caylee) up during the trial.

I am sure the defense will drag this process out for some time yet, so while the trunk will hold its unsavory scent for some time it will not be to the magnitude it was in 2008. They might be better off letting peoples vivid testimony speak towards that point. I would hate for another disasterous scenario like the fitting of "OJ's glove" to happen to the States case.

I think visuals of all the key players w/names attached, w/locations of their homes/work/bars etc., would be in order as well. Like pics of ea & every guy kc was "dating" during what time period and how much traveling she did daily w/Caylee in tow and how that activity changed (or didn't) after her disappearance/death.

This is going to sound awful. I can't even believe I'm going to say (type) it. But I think the jurors in this trial are actually a bit lucky. When they are shown the autopsy photos (which is pretty much a given!) they will be seeing bones. No blood & gore like Nicole Brown Simpson & Ronald Goldman, no drowned bodies like Susan Smith's boys...just bones. I think this will lessen the impact of the photos to some extent, but hopefully they got good photos of the remains with the vegetation growing through it to show how long it had been there.

Thank you for starting this thread, WenWe4. With all the new and emerging technologies available, the Prosecution has the ability to present evidence in a compelling manner. And that is a good thing for Caylee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni