Bruce Davis, former manson family member recommended for parole

Jules

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
A former member of serial killer Charles Manson's cult family who was convicted in two of the nine 1969 brutal slayings was denied parole Tuesday before a state board panel.
Bruce Davis, 62, has gone before the panel at the California Men's Colony in San Luis Obispo more than 20 times.

Although the Louisiana native did not commit the infamous slaying of pregnant actress Sharon Tate or any of the other eight murders, a jury in 1972 decided his presence during the deaths of musician Gary Hinman and stagehand Donald "Shorty" Shea warranted life in prison.

http://www.courttv.com/news/2005/0928/davis_ctv.html

never heard of this guy.
is this related to the bodies manson buried on his ranch?

never heard of this guy.
is this related to the bodies manson buried on his ranch?

Never heard of him either.I really do not understand how anyone involved with :loser:Manson could even be considered for parole.If let out I hope he moves to the parole boards neighborhood,sure do not want him in mine.Just saying!:banghead:

There are plenty of pictures of what they did. Just type in Manson family and I'm sure there will be enough to keep you sick at your stomach for a week or so. Parol????? Abby Folger didnt get parol....oh I better get off my soap box.

Never heard of him either.I really do not understand how anyone involved with :loser:Manson could even be considered for parole.If let out I hope he moves to the parole boards neighborhood,sure do not want him in mine.Just saying!:banghead:

He was convicted of killing Gary Hinman and Shorty Shea. Bruce wasn't there when Gary was murdered. Bobby Beausoliel, Susan Atkins, and Mary Brunner are the ones that killed him. Bruce drove Manson over to Gary's house a day or two earlier and was there (or only in the car according to Bobby) when Manson slashed Gary's ear with a sword. Bruce stabbed Shorty Shea in the shoulder after Tex Watson and Steve Grogan murdered Shorty. Tex Watson, Bill Vance, and Larry Bailey were never charged with Shorty's murder. Out of all the Manson Family killers still in prison he is the only one I don't mind getting out.

There are plenty of pictures of what they did. Just type in Manson family and I'm sure there will be enough to keep you sick at your stomach for a week or so. Parol????? Abby Folger didnt get parol....oh I better get off my soap box.

He had nothing to do with the Tate/LaBianca murders.

Gov. Jerry Brown will have 120 days to decide whether to sign his parole papers or not.

Reuters Top News ‏@Reuters
California governor denies parole for Manson Family member Bruce Davis

None of these creeps should ever see the light of day again. Same goes for the creep that killed RFK.

He was convicted of killing Gary Hinman and Shorty Shea. Bruce wasn't there when Gary was murdered. Bobby Beausoliel, Susan Atkins, and Mary Brunner are the ones that killed him. Bruce drove Manson over to Gary's house a day or two earlier and was there (or only in the car according to Bobby) when Manson slashed Gary's ear with a sword. Bruce stabbed Shorty Shea in the shoulder after Tex Watson and Steve Grogan murdered Shorty. Tex Watson, Bill Vance, and Larry Bailey were never charged with Shorty's murder. Out of all the Manson Family killers still in prison he is the only one I don't mind getting out.

Good post.

I agree but I don't think he would have just stabbed Shorty in the shoulder.
Why would he be there... but the others were the ones that killed him?

When Bobby was killed... he likely knew what was going to happen IMO.

Have followed this case, almost obsessively for over 20 years. Parole Bruce Davis? God, help us all! Seriously.

Let's see...Gary Hinman. Shorty Shea participation, allegedly offed Blue's husband in England, some scientology murders he also looked REAL good for...keep this one in lock-down, please.

None of the girls, other than Susan, wanted to ever bring up the other killings. Mostly because Charlie liked errrybody to get their hands dirty. There were plenty of John and Jane Does scattered near Spahn Ranch! I have no doubt whatsoever that others were killed and some Mansonites were never even arrested who have bloody hands. Bruce was sort of a tuff for the group. You think he did not kill more?

Whew! Looks like Bruce Davis, one of Manson's many worshipers in prison for murder, won't be getting out like the parole board wanted him to. :happydance:

Davis was doing life for taking part in the murders of both Shorty Shea and Gary Hinman, but was granted parole this past March. Luckily California's Governor Jerry Brown was alarmed by the Parole Board's recommendation and said: "Homie don't play that crap!" :copcar: :takeabow:

He made his decision at the perfect time: The 45th Anniversary of the Sharon Tate murders that made Manson a household nickname for psycho killer.

Brown became governor in 1975, less than 5 years after the Manson convictions, so I'm sure the case hits pretty close to home.

Even tho' good ol' Bruce might have become a polite little school boy since the murders, it looks like he won't be walking the streets among us again any time soon- if EVER. :violin: :jail:

Here's the CNN article & short video clip:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/09/justice/charles-manson-associate-parole/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

should be interesting to see if he actually is granted parole...

Whenever the notorious killer Charles Manson or one of his convicted followers would come up for parole over the last 40 years, a Los Angeles County prosecutor joined victims’ family members at a California state prison to argue against the release.

But when Kay Martley joined a California Board of Parole Hearings video conference to consider parole for convicted Manson "family" killer Bruce Davis earlier this month, she was stunned to learn she would be making the case on behalf of her murdered relative alone.

“I had no one to speak for me," said Martley, 81, whose cousin Gary Hinman was tortured and killed by Manson followers on July 27, 1969. “I felt like no one cares about the victim’s families anymore. We are totally forgotten.”

The absence of a prosecutor was no oversight. It was the result of a policy shift ordered by newly elected Los Angeles County District Attorney George Gascón, who campaigned on promises to reduce the number of people in prison.

The new mandate puts a halt on Los Angeles County prosecutors opposing parole for inmates sentenced to life who have already served their mandatory minimum period of incarceration.

Gascón’s directive is part of a sudden shift in how his district attorney’s office, the largest in the nation, is considering victims’ rights before, during and after criminal trials.
Relatives of Manson ‘family’ murder victims outraged by DA’s new policy

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back