1098 users online (212 members and 886 guests)  

Websleuths News

WA - Tacoma, Little Girl in the Cemetery, Dec'83 - Exhumed body

Does anyone know anything about this?

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...l+tacoma&hl=en

On December 22nd, 1983, the body of a young blonde girl--age estimated as 3 to 5---was found under a tree in Calvary Cemetery. The little girl, wearing a white dress but no coat, was hidden by the overhanging branches of an evergreen in a remote corner of the cemetery.

I've been looking for hours and can't find anything else. There are no other newspaper articles that I can find, no web articles, nothing on the Tacoma PD website, nothing on Doe Network...Just this.
    The Tacoma PD were preoccupied at the time, Im sure--This was during the Green River killings. Im just surprised that I can't find anything else related to the finding of this little girl. I'm hoping that it's just me, and that this was resolved in one way or another.

A few years ago the Seattle Post Intelligencer ran several articles on missing persons/unidentifieds in Washington. No mention whatsoever of this little girl.

The only girl I can find a mention of who even comes close, considering the time frame, is Nyleen Kay Marshall (discussed here at WS many times) who vanished from Montana in late June of '83.

WA - The Little Girl in the Cemetery--Tacoma Dec 1983

(I originally posted this in Cold Cases, but as not everyone ventures there, I'm also posting it here...Mainly because it has me severely bugged).

On December 22nd, 1983, the body of a young blonde girl--age estimated as 3 to 5---was found under a tree in Calvary Cemetery. The little girl, wearing a white dress but no coat, was hidden by the overhanging branches of an evergreen in a remote corner of the cemetery.

I've been looking for hours and can't find anything else. There are no other newspaper articles that I can find, no web articles, nothing on the Tacoma PD website, nothing on Doe Network...Just this.
    The Tacoma PD were preoccupied at the time, Im sure--This was during the Green River killings. Im just surprised that I can't find anything else related to the finding of this little girl. I'm hoping that it's just me, and that this was resolved in one way or another.
    Last edited by Cubby; 01-01-2011 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel View Post
    (I originally posted this in Cold Cases, but as not everyone ventures there, I'm also posting it here...Mainly because it has me severely bugged).

I spent a lot of time last night trying to find information about this little girl, but I couldn't find anything either.

kpdx is offline Jane Doe was discovered Aug. 14, 1977 outside of Everett WA
    i found this article. looks like she was exhumed: http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...ery+girl&hl=en
    'Nothing clears up a case so much as stating it to another person.'

Sherlock Holmes

Quote Originally Posted by kpdx View Post
    i found this article. looks like she was exhumed: http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...ery+girl&hl=en
    Thank you! At least this isn't an unidentified/unsolved that got lost in the mix.
    Totally and thoroughly disgusting that someone would do this to a little girl. I hate to think what her parents went through.

Fellow WS'er KPDX found an article I had missed...Evidently this little girl had been interred then exhumed by vandals. Sick doesn't begin to cover it.