672 users online (63 members and 609 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 40
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Tempe, AZ
    Posts
    4,217

    Will the undercover drug busts bring Haleigh home?

    Since the drug bust, these threads have kept me very busy reading and commenting on the posts. It's a chore to keep ahead of these wise posts and opinions. All of you appear to be very up to date on these arrests and charges. And it shows you are all digging for more.
    However, I have a severe doubt this was a new business for Misty and for Ron too. I think they've been in the dealing business since the two met. And for Ron, probably long before he met Misty. I don't have proof, but it's strickly my opinion.
    The two of them were not caught before this month simply because there was no organized uncover operation going on. Just why would an undercover suddenly be launched by LE?
    First there had to be a strong hunch by LE that these two (and the others) were ready for the catching in traffiiting prescription drugs. LE did not need to try and involve Ron and Misty to enter this business, they had already set up shop.
    Once the undercover operation was on, LE had to build a case. They needed for these people to continue buying and selling over a period of time. Ron and Misty and the others easily played into the plan because it's what they have been doing all along.
    What I'm saying is that they were not caught because they just began this business venture. They were caught because a concentrated effort was made to catch them.
    Secondly, I believe the timing was set for the undercover investigation to begin after Misty reached 18 so that she could be held as an adult.
    Thirdly, this sting was begun as a way to round up this group in order to hold them in jail and have access to questioning them about Haleigh's disappearance. Let's face it, Ron and Misty have been on LE's radar about Haleigh since last February 9/10.
    What's needed now is for Ron and Misty to come clean about the night Haleigh disappeared. For a year, they have been silent. And I ask myself why. To me, that signals that they both are equally involved in whatever happened to little Haleigh. They each have something on the other about the day/night Haleigh met her fate.
    There is guilt riding on both of their shoulders. And, that guilt has kept them locked in a secret. It's a If you tell about me, I can tell about you - situation for Ron and Misty.
    I do not think Ron will confess to anything. And if Misty does, he will insist she is lying in order for her to get back at him. After all he was "at werk."
    I do however believe Misty will finally come to a point where she will give limited information. And it won't be soon. It may take months. Only, I think she will only speak out after her brother makes the first move and tells what he knows.
    I'm not sure what Ron's cousin or Donna knows about Haleigh's disappearance. I don't think it's much. But, I do strongly believe the others, Ron, Misty and Hank Jr., know exactly what occured that night. I'm tired of thinking about these people and their year-long performance to hide the truth. Haliegh deserves JUSTICE. And, it should come from the individuals who claim to have loved her so much.
    The Hokey Pokey Clinic - A good place to turn yourself around:

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,762
    Azwriter, you are absolutely right. I've been saying all along that Misty and Ron were dealing in drugs long before now. IMO, they were dealing drugs the day Haleigh "disappeared". That could be why the A/C man was there, IDK.

    I, too believe that Misty and Ron have something on each other and probably figures if one tells they'll both be in trouble.

    In one of the articles that I read, it said that the investigation into the drugs had been going on for about 4 months. So I assumed it came right after the sworn affidavit from Joe P. who claimed Haleigh od'ed on oxycontin. I found it odd that he would make such claim and Ron and Misty were caught trafficking the same drug. Coincidence....I highly doubt it. Joe P. claimed her body was dumped near the mondex and then there was the draining of a pond near the mondex. Another coincidence? Maybe Ron just wanted to hide the fact that he sent Misty out there to sell drugs, IDK. But if you ask me, they are both responsible for whatever happened to Haleigh. JMO

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,124
    AZ, I've been racing around this forum too. It's taking me a while just to figure out where to post on what subject.

    Notice the undercover operation also appeared to be set up to put all five behind bars at the same time. I think someone finally threw up their arms and said, just lock them all up and see who talks. In a strange way, it also gives each one of them some sort of protection from the others.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northern Adirondack Mountains
    Posts
    4,335
    Azwriter, I couldn't possibly have said it any better. AFAIC, they are exactly where they should be irregardless of the charges to hold them there. I only wish I could say the same for Haleigh. She is not where she should be.
    My posts are my opinion only.....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,762
    I really do believe that this drug bust will bring Haleigh home. Honestly. we just have to be patient and let God handle the rest.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    345
    Great post,Azwriter. We can only hope and pray one of them rolls on the other.....at this point,its all we've got. IMO, I think the undercover op came about because of the robbery of MC while they were trying to score drugs. JMO.
    A.K.A.....Lovethechild

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Tempe, AZ
    Posts
    4,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    Great post,Azwriter. We can only hope and pray one of them rolls on the other.....at this point,its all we've got. IMO, I think the undercover op came about because of the robbery of MC while they were trying to score drugs. JMO.
    Good point Aqua. Crying and whinnng on the 911 call about the theft certain gave cops a clue on Misty's night adventures and how to respond.
    Were you a detective in another life?
    The Hokey Pokey Clinic - A good place to turn yourself around:

  8. #8
    Gracenote's Avatar
    Gracenote is offline We know that all things work together for good for those who love the Lord.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,575
    Quote Originally Posted by azwriter View Post
    Since the drug bust, these threads have kept me very busy reading and commenting on the posts. It's a chore to keep ahead of these wise posts and opinions. All of you appear to be very up to date on these arrests and charges. And it shows you are all digging for more.
    However, I have a severe doubt this was a new business for Misty and for Ron too. I think they've been in the dealing business since the two met. And for Ron, probably long before he met Misty. I don't have proof, but it's strickly my opinion.
    The two of them were not caught before this month simply because there was no organized uncover operation going on. Just why would an undercover suddenly be launched by LE?
    First there had to be a strong hunch by LE that these two (and the others) were ready for the catching in traffiiting prescription drugs. LE did not need to try and involve Ron and Misty to enter this business, they had already set up shop.
    Once the undercover operation was on, LE had to build a case. They needed for these people to continue buying and selling over a period of time. Ron and Misty and the others easily played into the plan because it's what they have been doing all along.What I'm saying is that they were not caught because they just began this business venture. They were caught because a concentrated effort was made to catch them.
    Secondly, I believe the timing was set for the undercover investigation to begin after Misty reached 18 so that she could be held as an adult.Thirdly, this sting was begun as a way to round up this group in order to hold them in jail and have access to questioning them about Haleigh's disappearance. Let's face it, Ron and Misty have been on LE's radar about Haleigh since last February 9/10.
    What's needed now is for Ron and Misty to come clean about the night Haleigh disappeared. For a year, they have been silent. And I ask myself why. To me, that signals that they both are equally involved in whatever happened to little Haleigh. They each have something on the other about the day/night Haleigh met her fate.
    There is guilt riding on both of their shoulders. And, that guilt has kept them locked in a secret. It's a If you tell about me, I can tell about you - situation for Ron and Misty.
    I do not think Ron will confess to anything. And if Misty does, he will insist she is lying in order for her to get back at him. After all he was "at werk."
    I do however believe Misty will finally come to a point where she will give limited information. And it won't be soon. It may take months. Only, I think she will only speak out after her brother makes the first move and tells what he knows.
    I'm not sure what Ron's cousin or Donna knows about Haleigh's disappearance. I don't think it's much. But, I do strongly believe the others, Ron, Misty and Hank Jr., know exactly what occured that night. I'm tired of thinking about these people and their year-long performance to hide the truth. Haliegh deserves JUSTICE. And, it should come from the individuals who claim to have loved her so much.
    I am deeply jealous of your ability to organize a post. But in a good way.
    I agree with everything so I just bolded some things I especially agree with.


    Adji, you are not forgotten and you are loved.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,189
    I doubt that the drug bust will help find Haleigh unless someone higher up or someone they crossed is named. And, that's only if someone like that is responsible for taking Haleigh. Misty could come clean if she did leave Haleigh alone at the trailer, had druggies over, or took her and left her in a vehicle while she did business. I personally think other things involving prostitution could have been going on which might have brought all sorts of perverts around. Misty will never talk if she accidentally killed Haleigh.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,971
    Wonderful post Azwriter ! I really think these arrests will bring out the truth about Haleigh's disappearance. If Misty and Ron won't talk there are three others that just may. Sitting in jail, in isolation, can lead to desperation. I think there's a reason that Ron is so nervous. He knows he can't control the others now and the promise of a better deal might just give the others the push they need.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Toledo, Ohio
    Posts
    44
    I really think Misty is "The Key" to this investigation, but I am doubting that she remembers anything about that evening. The fact that she turned her brother in for stealing soap, etc. led me to believe that she is grasping for ANYTHING she can tell law enforcement to get her bond reduced at this point. Prior to that development I was certain she was lying. I am less and less convinced that she will have any useful information about what happened that night.

    Donna probably knows as little as Misty remembers...

    I still think Ron was legitimately at work that evening and knows nothing or very little.

    Tommy may be the only one who not only was involved- but can remember what happened as well, that is a BIG maybe.

    The longer they all sit there, the more I lose hope.

    I have to commend the LE for keeping this quiet enough to get all of the key players incarcerated so they can be questioned and have some pressure applied, but from the research I have seen about these kinds of drugs memory lapses are common. Unfortunately I am beginning to think we will never have anything but speculation about what might have happened to HaLeigh. Sadly.

    Thanks azwriter for starting this thread. It is hard to find the newest post in EVERY thread, and to know exactly where to post to make sure we are keeping on topic. This is why I have not posted much to this forum- the question of exactly where to post.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,547
    Quote Originally Posted by imikant View Post
    I really think Misty is "The Key" to this investigation, but I am doubting that she remembers anything about that evening. The fact that she turned her brother in for stealing soap, etc. led me to believe that she is grasping for ANYTHING she can tell law enforcement to get her bond reduced at this point. Prior to that development I was certain she was lying. I am less and less convinced that she will have any useful information about what happened that night.

    Donna probably knows as little as Misty remembers...

    I still think Ron was legitimately at work that evening and knows nothing or very little.

    Tommy may be the only one who not only was involved- but can remember what happened as well, that is a BIG maybe.

    The longer they all sit there, the more I lose hope.

    I have to commend the LE for keeping this quiet enough to get all of the key players incarcerated so they can be questioned and have some pressure applied, but from the research I have seen about these kinds of drugs memory lapses are common. Unfortunately I am beginning to think we will never have anything but speculation about what might have happened to HaLeigh. Sadly.

    Thanks azwriter for starting this thread. It is hard to find the newest post in EVERY thread, and to know exactly where to post to make sure we are keeping on topic. This is why I have not posted much to this forum- the question of exactly where to post.
    Hi imikant! I have a little different take on Misty giving up Tommy on the stealing soap incident. I agree that she'd probably love to get her bond reduced and get out and she'd likely give up alot of things (less minor infractions...) in order to have that happen but the one thing that she won't readily or easily give up is the one thing that, by-far, is worse than any of the charges any of them are currently facing and that's "What actually happened to HaLeigh." Not only do I believe that she knows, I believe that she was actively involved, either during or after the fact - JMO.

    From the onset of their arrests, I've felt that LE will only wheel & deal with the one(s) in the group who they believe is less culpible. And yes, I do believe that LE knows who the actual one is that was ultimately responsible for HaLeigh's death. I believe that they would be willing to cut deals with those who may have assisted in disposing of HaLeigh's body, cleaning up after... but not the actual killer. I predict that we'll hear alot more flip stories about stealing soap, brillo-pads, beer from the Kangaroo... not, IMO, because Misty is grasping at straws because she doesn't know anything or remember anything about that night/early morning, but in order to keep feeding LE anything & everything so long as it's all lesser offenses that are probably unprosecutable > based on hearsay or without any collaborating evidence, all after the fact and all minor offenses in comparison with the "big picture." (HaLeigh). It's like giving somebody a teaspoon at a time of gravy without giving-up the potatoes. In my opinion, the more/longer Misty keeps giving LE "gravy", the more I'm convinced that she's got the potatoes! Just the fact alone that LE is spending "quality time" with Misty and she's giving up anything tells me that a) LE believes that she knows what happened to HaLeigh and b) LE would be likely to offer her a deal.

    If LE can get it through her head that it would be alot smarter for her to believe what they're telling her rather than what Ronald's told her. I think Ronald's effectively convinced Misty that "No matter what LE tells you, don't believe them!", "They'll promise you anything just to get it out of you." IMO, LE has to find a way to get through & convince Misty otherwise - Not an easy task, especially when you're dealing with a young girl who has been under the influence of (not only drugs) an older, addicted, abusive, violent, dysfunctional... man like Ronald. Not to mention Ronald's possie, who I have no doubt rallies round to help, whenever needed, enforce the rules... JMHO's though.
    Last edited by nomoresorrow; 01-31-2010 at 12:56 AM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, Penninsula
    Posts
    17,541
    Thanks, Imikant and Nomore...interesting posts from you guys.

    We have been concentrating on the major players, maybe we can look at Hope a little...

    Who are Hope Sykes parents? She lived in Satsuma, no? There has to be a connection of her to the bunch. I wonder what she does know about Haleigh?
    Last edited by Whisperer; 01-31-2010 at 02:07 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    portland, Ore
    Posts
    18,228
    Quote Originally Posted by azwriter View Post
    Good point Aqua. Crying and whinnng on the 911 call about the theft certain gave cops a clue on Misty's night adventures and how to respond.
    Were you a detective in another life?

    I also really appreciated your post Azwriter, as always, putting everything in perspective so beautifully as you did. And Aqua, a true 'mouse f*rt' that was, I agree ;}

    It is too bad there is no basis to call in the Behavior Analysis Unit from the FBI to give this case a thorough look-see. Yes, we know the family members {including live-in GF Ah-hmmm} are likely at the center of Haleigh's disappearance. But wouldn't you think they would be able to analyze the total situation and zone in on the most likely scenario that happened that early morning?

    PS: There is so much more involved in profiling the perp in a case. They also profile the victim and spread out a linkable net of possible occurrences, leading to the most likely scenario of what happened to the victim.


    PSS: In other words, do you guys think the local LE needs some highly studied minds at work in Haleigh's case?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    43,418
    Whisperer I don't know who her father is but believe she is Aunt Leisa's daughter. The Aunt that was supposedly with GGMS the night Haleigh disappeared. I think Aunt Leisa is Theresa's sister.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 50
    Last Post: 03-13-2010, 07:58 PM
  2. Undercover drug transaction video
    By twall in forum Haleigh Cummings
    Replies: 549
    Last Post: 02-26-2010, 12:20 PM
  3. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 02-24-2010, 01:59 PM
  4. General discussion about the drug busts on Jan 20, 2010
    By Kimster in forum Haleigh Cummings
    Replies: 526
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 12:08 PM