863 users online (131 members and 732 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Medication given to Gabriel

This thread is to discuss possible medications given to Gabriel at the hotel.

Today Show NBC this morning:

Video: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/261848...58002#35158002

Includes interview of babysitter and FBI profiler Van Zandt.

3:54 she's definitely saying Nyquil

Actually looking at all the NG transcripts, it looks like NG was leading with the word 'tylenol'. Here's every place the babysitter says tylenol. Next I'll copy in every place she says medicine if there are different quotes:

GRACE: She said, If the baby starts crying, just give more Tylenol?
    URIAS: Yes, she said to give him more medicine to shut him up.

GRACE: because let`s go to special guest joining us, Analisa Urias, who sat baby Gabriel there at that San Antonio motel. Analisa, what do you make of the photos? The mother told you to give him baby Tylenol if he cried to shut him up, right?
    URIAS: Yes, that`s right.

GRACE: What you`ve seen the photos that have just been released. What is that the baby is sucking on in the photo we were just showing?
    URIAS: That is the bottle of Tylenol that she had for him.

RACE: What about the Tylenol?
    ANALISA: She told me that she had already drugged him up with medication, but that if he started to cry again, just to give him more medicine to shut him up.

We know he had a bottle of tylenol in his hand in two of the photos. The medicine cup photo shows a liquid that matches either benadryl or tylenol in color. (Unless....does this medicine cup come in various tints or just clear?)

Quote Originally Posted by kissdegirl View Post
    Anyone watch the Today show this morning? The babysitter was one there and said the medicine she was to give Gabriel was Nyquil and oragel! Nyquil?! I don't know if there's a link yet, I'll go look.
    I saw that. I thought I had heard wrong. Is there such a thing as Nyquil for babies?

Do not use in children under 4 years:

http://www.vicks.com/products/childr...FRE55QodmjUO3A

One more babysitter quote:

ANALISA URIAS, ALLEGEDLY BABY-SAT GABRIEL IN SAN ANTONIO: She told me that she had already drugged him up with medication, but that if he started to cry again, just to give him more medicine to shut him up. He didn`t seem to be sick at all, he just didn`t look clean or happy.

I am searching (and my daughter is searching, too) to see if the medicine cup comes in a tinted-plastic version or just clear. This could make quite a big difference in the possible contents of the cup.

Quote Originally Posted by southern_comfort View Post
    I can't get videos to play today, but I read in another thread that AU said the "Nyquil" was orange. I don't believe Nyquil comes in orange, does it? Though Dayquil is orange.

At this point, I think AU has no idea what the medicine was.
    I just searched the forum, all the NG transcripts, and googled, and I'm not coming up with the babysitter saying the liquid was orange.

There are people saying the plastic ring around the top of the sippy cup thing that Gabe is holding in the pics is orange.

If you can track down the babysitter saying the color of the liquid that would be great.

TIA

There is a Childrens Nyquil it only comes in cherry and it's for 4 and up according to the Vicks website.

Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    I just searched the forum, all the NG transcripts, and googled, and I'm not coming up with the babysitter saying the liquid was orange.

There are people saying the plastic ring around the top of the sippy cup thing that Gabe is holding in the pics is orange.

If you can track down the babysitter saying the color of the liquid that would be great.

TIA
    My bad.. the post said "oragel", not orange.

has anyone stopped to think that the liquid in the supposed medicine drinking cup is pedialyte???

Does anyone know what brand this cup is? (Still trying to research if it comes in colors other than clear.) I see 'Safety' written on rim, but am unsure if that is part of a brand name.
    TIA

Quote Originally Posted by sleuth2001 View Post
    has anyone stopped to think that the liquid in the supposed medicine drinking cup is pedialyte???
    Pedialyte is not thick/sticky enough to cling to the sides of the cup.

Quote Originally Posted by b4e View Post
    Does anyone know what brand this cup is? (Still trying to research if it comes in colors other than clear.) I see 'Safety' written on rim, but am unsure if that is part of a brand name.
    TIA

Safety 1st

Quote Originally Posted by b4e View Post
    TIA

It sayd Safety First on the rim of the cup.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast