952 users online (134 members and 818 guests)  

Websleuths News

MA - Teacher Kidnaps Ex Sis-In-Law

Henry Gibson aged 40 of Bridgeton, Mass. is a school teacher who coaches youth sports.

Henry Gibson kidnapped his ex sis-in-law. He's locked up with no bail on a dangerousness charge. They're not giving too much information here. Now, what the heck is this about? I'm hoping the poor woman is alright. Well, as alright as you can be after being kidnapped by your ex BIL.

http://www.enterprisenews.com/news/x...ith-kidnapping

Teacher held in alleged kidnap of sister-in-law
    By Lisa Redmond, lredmond@lowellsun.com
    Updated: 01/22/2010 08:35:06 AM EST

AYER -- A 40-year-old Bridgewater man is being held without bail because police say he continued to pursue his former sister-in-law -- allegedly kidnapping her in Ayer -- after she broke off their sporadic affair.

Henry F. Gibson was ordered held after a dangerousness hearing Wednesday in Ayer District Court.

The alleged victim, a 21-year-old from Lunenburg, testified that the affair started when she was 16 and Gibson was still married to her sister. The woman described Gibson as "isolating" and "controlling." She broke off the relationship 1 1/2 years ago, she testified.

Gibson pleaded innocent to charges of kidnapping, assault and witness intimidation.

Defense attorney Edward J. McCormick

said Gibson, a teacher in the Brockton School Department, a youth baseball coach and father of two children, should be released on $5,000 cash bail with a GPS ankle monitoring bracelet to ensure he stays away from the alleged victim.
    McCormick noted that Gibson doesn't have a violent record, with two drunken-driving convictions and a disorderly conduct charge from the early 1990s

http://www.lowellsun.com/ci_14245815?IADID
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

This guy is a freak and needs to be locked up before he kills this woman. I am concerned they are not going to take this seriously since she got in the truck...

This is not good not good at all ...
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

O.K. now we're talking. Sorry for the double posts.

Gibson as I said aged 40 was mad that his ex wife's sister was ending an affair they'd been having. She is 21. The affair started when Gibson was still married to the young lady's sister when the victim was 16.

What?

All kinds of harassment going on over the years. A lapsed restraining order. Traps set? At some point the young woman got into the guy's truck and he wouldn't leave her out saying he wanted an "us night".

Defense attorney saying let him out with a GPS tracker as he's not violent and only has two DUI's and a disorderly conduct charge on his record. All this is just coorborated threats.

O.K. I'm no math whizz, but five years ago she was 16. That made him 35. I'd keep his tail locked up for that alone.

http://www.lowellsun.com/local/ci_14245815?source=rss

Quote Originally Posted by mysticrose View Post
    Teacher held in alleged kidnap of sister-in-law
    By Lisa Redmond, lredmond@lowellsun.com
    Updated: 01/22/2010 08:35:06 AM EST

AYER -- A 40-year-old Bridgewater man is being held without bail because police say he continued to pursue his former sister-in-law -- allegedly kidnapping her in Ayer -- after she broke off their sporadic affair.

Henry F. Gibson was ordered held after a dangerousness hearing Wednesday in Ayer District Court.

The alleged victim, a 21-year-old from Lunenburg, testified that the affair started when she was 16 and Gibson was still married to her sister. The woman described Gibson as "isolating" and "controlling." She broke off the relationship 1 1/2 years ago, she testified.

Gibson pleaded innocent to charges of kidnapping, assault and witness intimidation.

Defense attorney Edward J. McCormick

said Gibson, a teacher in the Brockton School Department, a youth baseball coach and father of two children, should be released on $5,000 cash bail with a GPS ankle monitoring bracelet to ensure he stays away from the alleged victim.
    McCormick noted that Gibson doesn't have a violent record, with two drunken-driving convictions and a disorderly conduct charge from the early 1990s

Sorry Mystic Rose. You posted that way before me. Way better than me too. Again sorry for the snafu.

But Filly, come on, it's a GPS tracker. That'll keep the young lady safe, won't it?

And wait, he's a youth sports coach and a teacher? And the victim was 16 when the "affair" (don't get me started) began? So can the GPS tell LE when he's standing in the coat room with a 16 year old student or player?

You know, I'm thinking he must have been drunk. That's the problem. He probably doesn't remember any of the harassment. That's it.

"The victim testified that Gibson has obsessively called her home, showed up at her job in Groton, and threatened to kill her and her family and harm her friends if she didn't talk to him. Several times he put his hands around her neck and threatened to kill her, she testified."

and discounting the victim:

"All we have is uncorroborated statements of threats," from an alleged victim whose "credibility has to be questioned," he said."

I guess her credibility will increase if she turns up dead.

there's that "alleged victim" term again.
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org