801 users online (118 members and 683 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

AR - Cheryl Kanning, 51, Bentonville, 24 Jan 2010

http://thecabin.net/news/2010-01-30/...tonville-woman

Posted: January 30, 2010 - 12:43pm

Family members of a missing Bentonville woman are reaching out to state news agencies in an attempt to find her.

According to a news release received on Friday, 51-year-old Cheryl Kanning, of Bentonville, left her residence Jan. 24 and has not been seen or heard from by authorities or her family since.

Kanning is 5-foot-3-inches tall and about 123 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a black knit turtleneck sweater and black knit pants with no shoes. She was driving a black 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee with tinted windows and Arkansas tag number 504 NLP.

“With winter storms approaching, the search for Kanning is even more urgent,” the news release stated.

According to Lt. John Simpson of the Bentonville Police Department, authorities there received a tip from a woman in Heber Springs who said that she saw a shoeless woman dressed in black during her morning commute there.

Anyone with information as to the whereabouts of Kanning or her vehicle are urged to contact the Bentonville Police Department at (479) 271-3170.
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 02-14-2010 at 12:17 AM.

I wonder if the Kannings have any connection to Heber Springs. It's 225 miles away from Bentonville and can't be reached by a direct route. Not really a place someone would end up if they just started driving down the highway.

http://nwahomepage.com/content/fulltext_news?cid=147471

Lisa Brence

Friday, Jan 29, 2010 @12:28pm CST

Police are looking for a Bentonville woman. Cheryl Kanning, 51, was last seen on Sunday night. Officers say she left home, leaving all her personal belongings behind.
    Kanning was driving a black 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee with tinted windows and Arkansas tag number 504 NLP. She was last seen wearing a black knit turtleneck sweater, black knit pants and no shoes. Kanning is 5-3, 123 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. She may be wearing glasses.
    If you have any information about Kanning’s whereabouts, call the Bentonville Police Department at (479) 271-3170.

<LI id=web_news_archive_v2_59691 class="siteModule web_news_archive_v2">More News
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

Here's a little bit more information from one of this newspapers pay-to-view stories:
    Beazley [Kanning's daughter], who lives in Springdale, said the last time she spoke to her mother was Sunday. Beazley said her mother was upset. Kanning was supposed to call her back, but didn’t.
    It was Beazley’s last contact with her mother.
    “We really don’t have any idea where she is,” Beazley said Friday. “She left without any belongings.” bbm

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2010/j...still-missing/

I'm friends with Mrs. Kanning's daughter (we work together), and I wanted to say that apparently the family does have some connection in Central Arkansas. That is why they think she may have been spotted in Heber Springs.

Quote Originally Posted by JHF View Post
    I'm friends with Mrs. Kanning's daughter (we work together), and I wanted to say that apparently the family does have some connection in Central Arkansas. That is why they think she may have been spotted in Heber Springs.
    Welcome to WS JHF!

Welcome, JHF!

It's a hopeful sign that they do have connections in Heber Springs and she may have been spotted there. She sure is a lovely woman. Hope they find her soon. Please keep us posted.

Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    Welcome, JHF!

It's a hopeful sign that they do have connections in Heber Springs and she may have been spotted there. She sure is a lovely woman. Hope they find her soon. Please keep us posted.
    Absolutely! And I'm sorry, I forgot to add in my reply welcome post JHF....What can we do to help??

Thank you for your kind and friendly welcome.

I'll let you know if you guys can help with anything. The offer is very much appreciated.

Also, I wish I could access that full article. Ugh! I don't subscribe to the paper.

A few months ago, I worked with Cheryl at Dillard's, she is the manager of the Estee Lauder counter and she was grooming me to work in that department, I had already been hired to EL. Anyway, she's just an incredible woman, full of life, laughter and love. She also loved the Lord and was a Christian. She is an incredible businesswoman but yet her relationships with co-workers were very important as well. She did everything to help me in my career. I do not work at Dillard's anymore, but I called up there yesterday and talked to someone I used to work with in the cosmetics department and she said they are all just devastated and have no clue to what happened to Cheryl. She is sooooooo dedicated to her job, it is just so strange to just "walk off" and leave. The description of what the lady gave of her clothes in the store at Heber Springs sounds exactly like what she would wear to work. We pretty much wore black all the time and pretty much the same couple of outfits so that sounds like Cheryl. My mom used to work with her at TYson and my husband used to work with her at a radio station so my family is hoping Cheryl's family reads this and knows that we are praying for her safe return and for their family. Last year Cheryl was a big part of my life, and I hope she returns to her family as soon as possible.

Karen
    Last edited by twinsmomar; 02-01-2010 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Forgot to put my name in

Welcome to WS Twinsmomar and thank you for sharing your experiences and insights. I hope you will post more as you hear or read news in your area.

Also, I wish I could access that full article. Ugh! I don't subscribe to the paper.
    You're not missing much. I'll post any updates they've got there. There wasn't any other news in that article that was different than what we already had, except the part about Cheryl being upset.

Quote Originally Posted by twinsmomar View Post
    A few months ago, I worked with Cheryl at Dillard's, she is the manager of the Estee Lauder counter and she was grooming me to work in that department, I had already been hired to EL. Anyway, she's just an incredible woman, full of life, laughter and love. She also loved the Lord and was a Christian. She is an incredible businesswoman but yet her relationships with co-workers were very important as well. She did everything to help me in my career. I do not work at Dillard's anymore, but I called up there yesterday and talked to someone I used to work with in the cosmetics department and she said they are all just devastated and have no clue to what happened to Cheryl. She is sooooooo dedicated to her job, it is just so strange to just "walk off" and leave. The description of what the lady gave of her clothes in the store at Heber Springs sounds exactly like what she would wear to work. We pretty much wore black all the time and pretty much the same couple of outfits so that sounds like Cheryl. My mom used to work with her at TYson and my husband used to work with her at a radio station so my family is hoping Cheryl's family reads this and knows that we are praying for her safe return and for their family. Last year Cheryl was a big part of my life, and I hope she returns to her family as soon as possible.

Karen
    Welcome, twinsmomar! I bet she'll contact her daughter soon. It's tough in these cases where someone goes off voluntarily. Hate to snoop too much into their business, but on the other hand, you want to make sure they're doing okay and there weren't any signs of danger in their lives.
    Did you know there are at least 4 other women who have gone missing from Bentonville within the last couple of years?
    Louise and Christina Bishop AR- Bishop, Louise (81) and Christina (40), Bentonville 6/18/09 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Cerilla Doyle http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=bentonville

Alicia Minton http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=bentonville
    Last edited by KateB; 04-27-2015 at 10:35 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Thanks, STEADFAST. I had heard about the Bishops and Cerilla. Haven't heard about Alicia, though.

Can we please not talk about Mrs. Kanning in the past tense? Thanks.
    Last edited by JHF; 02-01-2010 at 07:50 PM.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast