VA VA - Michael Lesly Green, 27, Petersburg, 19 Dec 2009

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://progress-index.com/news/police-looking-for-man-missing-since-dec-19-1.528188

Police looking for man missing since Dec. 19
FROM STAFF REPORTS)
Published: January 6, 2010

PETERSBURG - Police are seeking the whereabouts of Michael Lesly Green, a 27-year-old a black man last seen on the morning of Dec. 19 at his home in the 1400 block of Baylors Lane.

Green has a medium brown complexion, mustache, and goatee. He stands 6 feet 2 inches tall and weighs 220 pounds.

His friends and family have not communicated with Green and it is unusual for him to go this long without making contact.

It is not known if Green has any serious medical conditions or is on medication.

Anyone with information about Green's whereabouts is asked to call Crime Solvers at 861-1212.

2996208846.jpg

http://www.nbc12.com/Global/story.asp?S=11994317

Posted: Feb 16, 2010 5:37 PM EST
Updated: Feb 16, 2010 5:42 PM EST
Posted by Terry Alexander

PETERSBURG, VA (WWBT) – The family of a missing Petersburg man makes a public plea for help.

We first told you about the disappearance of Michael Green back in January. Today, his family is speaking out for the first time.

"Just come home. Just come home. We love you," said Michael's sister, Ivy Green.

27 year old Michael Green hasn't been seen or heard from in nearly two months.

"So far nothing has turned up as of yet," said Michael's father, Ivory Green.

With heavy hearts - Michael's family needs your help.

"I just miss his laughs and jokes," said Michael's sister, Phylicia Green.

The family has been in contact with Petersburg Police since Michael disappeared on December 19, 2009. With each passing day - fear follows.

"Not finding him or him turning up harmed that's my deepest fear. I don't want him to be harmed I just want him to be alright," said Ivory Green.

Friends began posting and handing out fliers of Michael shortly after he went missing.

Loved ones say, the day before Michael disappeared he called 911 and was transported to Southside Regional Medical Center because he wasn't feeling well. Michael was given a prescription and released.

A roommate says Michael made it home from the hospital that evening but "vanished" during the night. He Left behind his identification, cell phone and keys -- which friends say is highly unusual.

"Mike is loved and he's missed. A lot of people are looking for him a lot of people are concerned," said Ivory Green.

Ivory Green spoke with his son the same week Michael dropped out of sight.

"He sounded upbeat. Very positive. People seem to take to him good. He's a good hearted kid," said Ivory Green.

Petersburg Police say the investigation continues and that the department has gotten some leads. As For the Green family-- they're praying for a positive outcome.

"I'm still trying to stay positive hopefully everything will turn out alright," said Ivory Green.

If you have any information on the whereabouts of Michael Green contact Crime Solvers at 861-1212.

11994317_BG1.jpg

http://www.nbc12.com/Global/story.asp?S=12092859

Posted: Mar 05, 2010 5:55 PM EST
Updated: Mar 05, 2010 6:02 PM EST

Family of missing Petersburg man takes search to new level
Nicole Bell - bio | email
Posted by Terry Alexander - email

PETERSBURG, VA (WWBT) – The family of a missing Petersburg man takes their search to a new level.

27-year-old Michael Green disappeared nearly three months ago. Despite intensive search efforts there's still no sign of what happened to him.

Now, family and friends are putting his face before the public in a way that's hard to miss, on a billboard.

Bumping this case up-his family in Mt. Vernon NY is still looking for Michael, as of today.

I think I can't even imagine what these families of the missing are going through. How hard everyday life must be, how incredibly painful holidays must be...Thinking of Michael's loved ones and everyone else that has a missing loved one.

I think I can't even imagine what these families of the missing are going through. How hard everyday life must be, how incredibly painful holidays must be...Thinking of Michael's loved ones and everyone else that has a missing loved one.

Well said!

http://www.lohud.com/article/201312...ding-missing-son?odyssey=mod|newswell|text||p

Dec. 18, 2013
Written by Colin Gustafson

MOUNT VERNON — City firefighter Ivory Green knew something was truly wrong when his son Michael didn’t call to wish him happy birthday on New Year’s Eve in 2009, nearly two weeks after he had last been seen at a friend’s apartment in Petersburg, Va.

“He never missed calling me on my birthday,” Green said Wednesday. “I said, ‘Wow this is serious.’ I didn’t know what to do.”

Four years later, his parents are seeking to renew public interest in the case in the hope of finding the Mount Vernon native, who was reported missing Dec. 18, 2009. He was 27 at the time.

• michael_lesly_green_1.jpg
  • michael_lesly_green_2.jpg
  • michael_lesly_green_3.jpg
Green, circa 2009
  • Missing Since 12/19/2009
  • Missing From Petersburg, Virginia
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race Black
  • Age 27 years old
  • Height and Weight 6'0 - 6'2, 220 pounds

• Clothing/Jewelry Description An orange Ralph Lauren polo shirt, black North Face jacket, a blue fitted cap and tan Timberland boots.

• Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. Black hair, brown eyes. Green's nicknamy is Jeezy and he may go by his initials, MG. He has the following tattoos: the letters "DMG" on the right side of his neck, the words "LA BORN" on his right arm and the words "NY RAISED" on his left arm. Green is bald and has a mustache and goatee.

Details of Disappearance​

Green called 911 the day before his disappearance and was transported to the hospital, given medication and released. He was last seen by his roommate at their residence in 1400 block of Baylor's Lane in Petersburg, Virginia on December 19, 2009, the day after he was released from the hospital.

Green vanished during the night, leaving behind his identification, keys and cellular phone, which is uncharacteristic of him. He has never been heard from again.

Green was a student at Virginia State University at the time of his disappearance. His case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency​

• Petersburg/Dinwiddie Crime Solvers 804-861-1212

Source Information​

Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated January 5, 2014; casefile added.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back