Thread: Sticky, smelly Bag Balm: Problem-salving for all

Sticky, smelly Bag Balm: Problem-salving for all

LYNDONVILLE, Vt. – Winter is most definitely here. It must be. The phones are ringing at Bag Balm headquarters.

Everyone wants a new tub of the gooey, yellow-green ointment. And all have a story about its problem-salving — they use it on squeaky bed springs, psoriasis, dry facial skin, cracked fingers, burns, zits, diaper rash, saddle sores, sunburn, pruned trees, rifles, shell casings, bed sores and radiation burns.

MUCH more at link:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100131/...us/us_bag_balm

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

To help the victims of the deadly tornadoes, please click here.

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dark Knight For This Useful Post:

I love Bag Balm. It was made (I think) originally for cows' udders. I works wonders on all you mentioned! Especially dry skin!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Only4Justice For This Useful Post:

I could sure use some of that. Guess it's ok to put on chapped lips?

Quote Originally Posted by Only4Justice View Post
    I love Bag Balm. It was made (I think) originally for cows' udders. I works wonders on all you mentioned! Especially dry skin!
    Yes, that was in the article.

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by teedie2 View Post
    I could sure use some of that. Guess it's ok to put on chapped lips?
    I doubt it's safe for ingestion, and anything you put on your lips could be ingested, plus taste horrid. I cannot imagine that would be a good idea at all, lol.

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

All hail the Bag Balm. Panacea for the world.
    Bless the beasts and the children
    For in this world they have no voice,
    They have no choice.

I’ve gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, keep me here.
    كلي

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    I doubt it's safe for ingestion, and anything you put on your lips could be ingested, plus taste horrid. I cannot imagine that would be a good idea at all, lol.
    That figures. Prob if I smelled it I wouldn't even consider putting it on my lips.. Have to stick with Palmer's Shea Butter I guess. That is better than chapstick, etc. I have a split on my upper lip that started about March/April last year. I've never been able to get it healed. Almost .. but then it opens up again. Maybe if I didn't talk, didn't eat, etc. LOL! It's like getting a cut on a knuckle. But knuckle cuts do heal sooner or later.

Amazing stuff I've used it for years. We grew up with a cannister of Bag Balm always in the house and it went on everything - pets' wounds, our wounds, dry skin at all. Nice to see Bag Balm get some kudos.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ziggy For This Useful Post:

We always had it in the house too but I never thought it smelled. Great for chapped lips and chapped hand, dry feet.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to miimaa For This Useful Post:

Yeppers! I've been using it in the house after buying it for my horse!

Oh ...There are LOTS of great horse products I use at home... Mane & Tail conditioner & spray shine/gloss. My dad used Absorbine liniment for arthritis...I use it for a awesome foot soak! It's anti-fungal too...so it's great if anyone in the house has athlete's foot. I knew a woman that swore it cured her toenail fungus....

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Linda7NJ For This Useful Post:

It is used for chapped lips. My dermatologist recommended it to me when I was a teenager taking Acutane. The Acutane caused severe chapped lips and Bag Balm was the only thing that worked. I actually just bought a huge tin for my husband. He has very dry hands. He uses it every night.
    Last edited by Spurser; 02-01-2010 at 01:42 PM. Reason: typo

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Spurser For This Useful Post:

chapped lips

Put a layer of vaseline on your poor chapped lips. Hold a wet, warm facecloth over them for a bit. This has never failed me.

LOL you guys sound like an infomercial. I know I love infomerrcials and I always wanna buy whatever it is until it ends up at cvs in the as seen on t.v box and i dont want it anymore.

But now I want to go shop at the farm store and read all the labels. What kinda de tangler and brush do they use on the horse mane and will it fix my kids hair?

Soul, I may have a remedy for your child's hair tangles if you are interested. My daughter is a retired beautician and she used something from the beauty store on her daughter's hair to keep it smooth. It isn't the product that supposed to do this. I can ask her if you are interested. Another thing, sometimes water quality causes tangles. Let me know if you want me to ask.
    narrow, limited thinker, but I'm trying to grow

21. The Following User Says Thank You to PorcineGranny For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Soulmagent View Post
    LOL you guys sound like an infomercial. I know I love infomerrcials and I always wanna buy whatever it is until it ends up at cvs in the as seen on t.v box and i dont want it anymore.

But now I want to go shop at the farm store and read all the labels. What kinda de tangler and brush do they use on the horse mane and will it fix my kids hair?
    LOL! I also know people who swear by the horse mane shampoos and such for their own hair!

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

What, no one claiming it cures ED as well? LOL!

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Dark Knight For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PorcineGranny View Post
    Soul, I may have a remedy for your child's hair tangles if you are interested. My daughter is a retired beautician and she used something from the beauty store on her daughter's hair to keep it smooth. It isn't the product that supposed to do this. I can ask her if you are interested. Another thing, sometimes water quality causes tangles. Let me know if you want me to ask.
    Definitly!

After reading this thread I bought some yesterday. Have used it on my rough dry hands, dabbed a little on my face where I had some irritation, and put it on a cut. I do have to say that all was better later!
    It was even on sale at the farm place, 4.99, regulary 5.89 for 10 oz's and comes in a pretty tin.
    It does have a smelly odor so think I will put it on at night, I''ll try it on my feet tonight, that will be the true test!!

VB
    Boyfriends and girlfriends are not Babysitters.
    Just because you want to be with somebody does not mean they will take care of your children.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Vegas Bride For This Useful Post:

For every Yea, there's a Nay.

I bought some of this, but haven't opened it yet. While researching a bit, I came across this link:

http://www.health-report.co.uk/petro...h_concerns.htm

I'm onto something else, and will let you know how it works. Right now the Cows and I are on hold!