Sticky, smelly Bag Balm: Problem-salving for all

Dark Knight

Reaction score
LYNDONVILLE, Vt. – Winter is most definitely here. It must be. The phones are ringing at Bag Balm headquarters.

Everyone wants a new tub of the gooey, yellow-green ointment. And all have a story about its problem-salving — they use it on squeaky bed springs, psoriasis, dry facial skin, cracked fingers, burns, zits, diaper rash, saddle sores, sunburn, pruned trees, rifles, shell casings, bed sores and radiation burns.

MUCH more at link:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100131/ap_on_re_us/us_bag_balm

I love Bag Balm. It was made (I think) originally for cows' udders. I works wonders on all you mentioned! Especially dry skin!

I could sure use some of that. Guess it's ok to put on chapped lips?

I could sure use some of that. Guess it's ok to put on chapped lips?

I doubt it's safe for ingestion, and anything you put on your lips could be ingested, plus taste horrid. I cannot imagine that would be a good idea at all, lol.

All hail the Bag Balm. Panacea for the world.

I doubt it's safe for ingestion, and anything you put on your lips could be ingested, plus taste horrid. I cannot imagine that would be a good idea at all, lol.

That figures. Prob if I smelled it I wouldn't even consider putting it on my lips.. Have to stick with Palmer's Shea Butter I guess. That is better than chapstick, etc. I have a split on my upper lip that started about March/April last year. I've never been able to get it healed. Almost .. but then it opens up again. Maybe if I didn't talk, didn't eat, etc. LOL! It's like getting a cut on a knuckle. But knuckle cuts do heal sooner or later.

Amazing stuff I've used it for years. We grew up with a cannister of Bag Balm always in the house and it went on everything - pets' wounds, our wounds, dry skin at all. Nice to see Bag Balm get some kudos.

We always had it in the house too but I never thought it smelled. Great for chapped lips and chapped hand, dry feet.

Yeppers! I've been using it in the house after buying it for my horse!

Oh ...There are LOTS of great horse products I use at home... Mane & Tail conditioner & spray shine/gloss. My dad used Absorbine liniment for arthritis...I use it for a awesome foot soak! It's anti-fungal too...so it's great if anyone in the house has athlete's foot. I knew a woman that swore it cured her toenail fungus....

It is used for chapped lips. My dermatologist recommended it to me when I was a teenager taking Acutane. The Acutane caused severe chapped lips and Bag Balm was the only thing that worked. I actually just bought a huge tin for my husband. He has very dry hands. He uses it every night.

Put a layer of vaseline on your poor chapped lips. Hold a wet, warm facecloth over them for a bit. This has never failed me.

LOL you guys sound like an infomercial. I know I love infomerrcials and I always wanna buy whatever it is until it ends up at cvs in the as seen on t.v box and i dont want it anymore.

But now I want to go shop at the farm store and read all the labels. What kinda de tangler and brush do they use on the horse mane and will it fix my kids hair?

Soul, I may have a remedy for your child's hair tangles if you are interested. My daughter is a retired beautician and she used something from the beauty store on her daughter's hair to keep it smooth. It isn't the product that supposed to do this. I can ask her if you are interested. Another thing, sometimes water quality causes tangles. Let me know if you want me to ask.

LOL you guys sound like an infomercial. I know I love infomerrcials and I always wanna buy whatever it is until it ends up at cvs in the as seen on t.v box and i dont want it anymore.

But now I want to go shop at the farm store and read all the labels. What kinda de tangler and brush do they use on the horse mane and will it fix my kids hair?

LOL! I also know people who swear by the horse mane shampoos and such for their own hair!

Soul, I may have a remedy for your child's hair tangles if you are interested. My daughter is a retired beautician and she used something from the beauty store on her daughter's hair to keep it smooth. It isn't the product that supposed to do this. I can ask her if you are interested. Another thing, sometimes water quality causes tangles. Let me know if you want me to ask.

Definitly!

After reading this thread I bought some yesterday. Have used it on my rough dry hands, dabbed a little on my face where I had some irritation, and put it on a cut. I do have to say that all was better later!
It was even on sale at the farm place, 4.99, regulary 5.89 for 10 oz's and comes in a pretty tin.
It does have a smelly odor so think I will put it on at night, I''ll try it on my feet tonight, that will be the true test!!

VB

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back