MA MA - Melanie Quadros, 26, Lowell, 18 Jan 2010

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://www.lowellsun.com/local/ci_14309462

Family seeks help in locating woman missing two weeks
The Lowell Sun
Updated: 02/01/2010 06:41:22 AM EST

LOWELL -- The family of a 26-year-old Lowell woman who has been missing for two weeks is asking the public for help.

Melanie Quadros was last seen on Jan. 18, walking in the Appleton Street area with her small brown Pomeranian named Rusty, according to her mother, Maria Tetiva.

Tetiva said she last talked to Quadros that day about 5:30 p.m., when her daughter called to ask if she could borrow a heating pad.

"Everything seemed normal when I talked to her," Tetiva said. Her family and friends have not heard from her since.

Quadros is about 5 feet, 2 inches tall and weighs about 98 pounds. She has long brown, curly hair down to her lower back, and was last seen wearing jeans and a black, puffy jacket.

Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to call Lowell police at 978-937-3200.

I found this yesterday and thought, wait and see if a new one appears.

A mother who won’t ever give up
Posted by Police Line on January 19th, 2014
The woman pictured below is Melanie Quadros.
http://blogs.lowellsun.com/policeline/2014/01/19/a-mother-who-wont-ever-give-up/
From 2014

As long as I’m a reporter in this city, I won’t ever stop posting Melanie’s picture or reminding people that there’s a $5,000 reward for information that leads to the discovery of what happened to Melanie. If you know something and you’re hoping that we’ll just forget eventually — we won’t.
Human beings don’t just vanish. Someone knows something. Maybe it’s time that you finally speak up.
Anyone with information about Melanie, as always, is asked to call Lowell Police at 978.937.3200. If you’d rather not deal with police, you can call Maria directly at 978.479.5950.
Please share this and help spread the word. Maria deserves our help, and Melanie deserves to be found, regardless of whether she’s alive or dead.

And this is from today.
http://blogs.lowellsun.com/policeline/2015/01/18/shes-always-there/
She’s always there
Posted by policeline on January 18th, 2015
It’s January 18th again. Most of us probably forget the significance of this date each year, but Maria Tetiva never will.
Each year I get a phone call right around this time of year from mother who will never give up. Here is her story yet again.
Please, someone, come forward. People don’t simply vanish.
LOWELL — Sunday marked five years since Maria Tetiva’s daughter, Melanie Quadros, was last seen or heard from, but one thing has never changed.
“She’s the first thing I think about when I wake up in the morning, and the last thing I think about when I go to bed,” Tetiva said. “She’s always there.”

more at links.

bumping

Melanie Ann Quadros stats and photos

quadros_melanie_1.jpg
quadros_melanie_2.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: January 18, 2010 from Methuen, Essex County, Massachusetts
Classification: Missing
Height: 5'1"
Weight: 90 lbs.-100 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown; long curly hair down to the middle of her back.
Eye Color: Brown
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: Known to use drugs. Very thin build.
has a heart on her left upper arm with the name David in it. Both ears and lower lip pierced.
Medical Conditions: Right arm is slightly impaired.
Clothing: Wearing dark jeans and a dark puffy jacket, sneakers.
Jewelry: Gold chain, and some rings.
AKA: Mel, Angie Rivera
Case Number: 2010-1458A

Details of Disappearance

Melanie was last seen in the area of 80 Bridge St. in Lowell. She left to meet someone while walking her small dog. Quadros frequented the areas of Jackson, Appleton, Bridge, and Middlesex streets in Lowell.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/quadros_melanie.html

more information at http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/q/quadros_melanie.html

William devin howell popped in my head but I think he was incarcerated at that time. it prob was related to the drugs.

‘It hurts me today the same as it did the first day when she went missing’

low-l-quadros55.jpg

low-l-quadros5.jpg
low-l-Quadros6.jpg

low-l-Quadros1.jpg
low-l-Quadros3.jpg

Tetiva, 55, formerly of Lowell and now of Salem, N.H., works as a manager in a furniture and appliance store, faces all the struggles of everyday life, and continues to live with the pain of being a mother whose daughter vanished without a trace.

Her daughter, Melanie Quadros, who is 37 years old if she’s still alive, was last seen on Jan. 18, 2010, on Appleton Street in Lowell.

Quadros was walking Rusty, her small pomeranian dog that day. She had called her mother and asked to borrow a heating pad just two days before — a mundane call at a time when nothing her mother knew of was wrong.
---
“It’s now a decade since my daughter has gone missing with still no results. I wish there was something that would have already come up in all this time, but nothing has changed,” Tetiva said. “When they say that it gets better as time goes on … that’s not true. It hurts me today the same as it did the first day when she went missing.”
---
Quadros grew up on Congress Street in Dracut, not far from Campbell Farm, where she loved to go and watch the horses. As a girl, her favorite toy was a Winnie The Pooh doll that she kept until her teenage years, well after she dropped out of school in the eighth grade. She loved Bugs Bunny and Big Bird too.

“I mostly remember Melanie being a very outgoing child — a very happy child,” Tetiva said. “Melanie was always making friends easily.”
---
But by the time she was in her 20’s, Quadros had fallen into addiction, got arrested several times, and fell into a dark path that has claimed many others in the area of Appleton and Middlesex streets in Lowell.
---
Tetiva has heard rumors over the years — that Melanie knew who was responsible for a shooting years ago — that Melanie was killed and her body dumped into a canal.

“One person heard someone say, ‘not to worry she’s in a canal. They’ll never find her,’ ” Tetiva said.

‘It hurts me today the same as it did the first day when she went missing’ – Lowell Sun

Melanie Ann Quadros

melanie_ann_quadros_1.jpg
melanie_ann_quadros_2.jpg
quadros_melanie3.jpg
quadros_melanie4.jpg
quadros_melanie5.jpg

• Missing Since 01/18/2010
  • Missing From Lowell, Massachusetts
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Age 27 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'1, 85 - 100 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A dark-colored puffy jacket, blue jeans, sneakers, some rings and a gold chain.
  • Medical Conditions Quadros is addicted to drugs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Quadros may use the name Angie Rivera. Her nickname is Mel. Her ears and lower lip are pierced, and she has a tattoo on her upper left arm of a heart with the name "David" inside it. Her hair is long, going to down to the middle of her back. Quadros's right arm is slightly impaired. She is of Portuguese descent.
Details of Disappearance
Quadros was last seen in Lowell, Massachusetts on January 18, 2010. She was walking her brown Pomeranian, named Rusty, and en route to meet someone when she was last seen on Bridge Street. She has never been heard from again and her dog was also never found. Her mother reported her missing a week later.

Quadros frequented Jackson, Appleton, Bridge and Middlesex Streets in Lowell at the time of her disappearance. She had a warrant out for her arrest for car theft and the authorities initially believed she went missing voluntarily, but her mother stated she had always kept in touch with her family, and she believes Quadros may have come to harm.

Quadros dropped out of school after the eighth grade and developed an addiction to drugs. She had an arrest record and had served brief jail sentences. In spite of her problems, she was close to her family and had many friends. She had been through rehab on previous occasions, but always relapsed. Her case remains unsolved.

Link to new Charley Project profile - Melanie Ann Quadros – The Charley Project

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back