Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.

arielilane

Justice for Liz Barraza
Reaction score
Website
www.whokilledlizbarraza.com
Justice for Morgan
Medical examiner: Morgan Harrington death a homicide

By Rex Bowman | The Roanoke Times
The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Richmond has determined that Morgan Harrington's death was a homicide. The office said it currently has no further information to share about how she was killed.​

Harrington disappeared Oct. 17 from a Metallica concert she was attending in Charlottesville. Her body was found Jan. 26 in an Albemarle County hayfield about 10 miles south of where she was last seen.​

The medical examiner's office finding rules out the possibility that Harrington, 20, wandered away from Charlottesville and died of exposure.
http://www.roanoke.com/news/breaking/wb/235167

Continue here please. Thank you​

n162224546575_4911.jpg

$150,000 reward for any information that lead to solving Morgan Dana Harrington's case.​

Morgan's 24/7 Tip Line:
434-352-3467​

State Police E-Mail:
bci-appomattox
@vsp.virginia​

Thank you hoppy. You are quick. I didn't get a chance to post a notice on the end of thread #11 to give a heads up to posters it was closing. My apology for any interruptions in postings.

Thank you hoppy. You are quick. I didn't get a chance to post a notice on the end of thread #11 to give a heads up to posters it was closing. My apology for any interruptions in postings.

:D

Hoppy

Surely they have a COD then? Oh, I hope so!

There are five legally defined manners of death:

Natural
Accident
Homicide
Suicide
Undetermined

"It would be easy to assume a gunshot wound is the result of a homicide. But an autopsy could reveal that the wound patterns, angle of bullet entry and gun powder residue indicate that the gun was fired while being held by the victim. The wounds are self-inflicted, so that would be ruled a suicide."

Being out in the elements, would her skeletal remains still be clothed? Is this how she was identified (by her clothing)?

probably the initial ID was jewelry & clothing, then the official ID was using dental records.

Has the property owner said anything about kids partying in those fields? Even if he never witnessed it...after checking over his property he would have seen evidence of parties. Bottles, cans, cups etc.

I really want to know if this property is known to the local kids in the area...

I have always felt close to this case because I dated a guy in Charlottesville for a long time. I took have been drunk outside JPJ arena. Then they found her on my birthday.

Wow. I know they go south and go shooting sometimes, i wonder if that is where they go? I'll ask.

Bringing this over from the last thread:

Originally Posted by Dallasdon

If that is what happenned, would this be the probable route that was taken?

http://tinyurl.com/map-from-stadium-to-Chopin

Might have gone that way, or they could also have continued on 250 (Ivy Road) to County Road 637 and then on any of several other country roads. I'd guess Taylor's Gap Road. It's a bit windy but if we're talking a local person familiar with the road it looks straightforward. There are probably other routes known to the locals as well.

Does anybody know if there's a fishing access along the Hardware River there?

I have always felt close to this case because I dated a guy in Charlottesville for a long time. I took have been drunk outside JPJ arena. Then they found her on my birthday.

Wow. I know they go south and go shooting sometimes, i wonder if that is where they go? I'll ask.

I too felt close to this case ever since I originally saw it, being from Charlottesville. The day they found her was my birthday as well. I just cannot get this case off of my mind, and I know many feel the same way.

I would like to say, being around her age, and from the area, I have never heard of that farm being a party area for college students. There are far too many areas around campus that are known for parties, such as frat houses and dorms, I find it very hard to believe a college student, like myself, would drive out to an unclaimed building to party. Yes, most of us are young and naive, but we do not lack all common sense.
I would also like to point out to most of you, many UVA students do not have their own vehicles, and first years are prohibited from bringing vehicles on campus at all. Therefor, the idea of her partying there with other students form the area, is too far of a stretch for me to believe.

I don't believe Anchorage Farms is a party place. I think Mr. Bass would have found evidence of parties (beer cans/liquor bottles/bonfires/trash) - which he's made no mention of. Maybe parties at a house close by? But still there would more than likely be signs of property damage - from cars in and out that would be obvious.

And like one poster just mentioned...why go so far out when there's too many places close to campus to party.

JMO

Not a likely party place for college kids - maybe high school kids? Maybe a place someone partied when they were in high school?

Thanks MBLover! That's a great point. It would be more of a high school thing to do anyways (partying in a field).

And thank you Nouveau! I love that you have a local insight!

I still don't think she went to a party. There would have been witnesses to any activity after the sighting on the bridge. That just leads me to believe that she was killed shortly after that. IMO

However... what if whomever picked her up said they were on their way to a party... maybe a party she planned on attending later? Or had attended prior?

And on the way he murdered her.

It is possible that line could have been used as a ruse to get her in the car.

But what I think some people were suggesting was that she was already at a party in progress.

To Morgan's supposed hitchiking. Why would she really think and allegedly suggest to her friends that she could get "a ride home" from the middle of C'ville? What would lead her to think that some random person traveling through would be able to get her back to Roanoke or Blacksburg? I don't think even in her intoxicated state that she would think she could get a ride 2 hrs away. That's why I can't buy the "I'll get a ride" or "I'll try to find a ride" - whichever it was. And why would she use the word "home" if she was trying to get back to JMU? That wasn't home.

The only way I can believe Morgan would make the statement that she could get a ride was if it was someone she knew personally who was picking her up.

JMO

I do think she went with someone to either 1) party with while her friends were at the concert. She was already intoxicated and may have wanted to keep going. He may have offered to bring her back to her car later that night. Morgan's friends did say that they waited outside the arena (I don't know for how long). Or 2) Someone did offer her a ride home...with no intentions of bringing her. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158