Casey Anthony’s Defense Misses Deadline-Blames prosecution

They had to say something. They clearly could not come up with the evidence they had discovered that proved Caylee was dumped during the time Casey was in jail, as Macaluso boasted.... :innocent:

They had to say something. They clearly could not come up with the evidence they had discovered that proved Caylee was dumped during the time Casey was in jail, as Macaluso boasted.... :innocent:

Orrrr!! They turned it over and it was discarded mistakenly as a blank piece of paper.:innocent:

That was mean of me. I apologize MODS!

Is that contempt of court to not comply with the Judge's order??? I cannot imagine just ignoring a order from the court. :banghead:

I had asked about this in another thread. I can understand the comment from the judge stating both sides should work out a new timeline for discovery and trial, but there's no getting around the fact that the judge told them they had until 2/1 to show their proof that someone else did it.

I think they got caught with their hands in the cookie jar, and are hoping no one brings it up!! One can only hope that someone on the prosecution reads this board ;)

What information can the FBI still have? Didn't the defense ask for personnel information the FBI was not willing to give them because it has no bearing on the case. I know JB mentioned latent prints but FBI said they turned everything over. Plus they can add to their list of witnesses....unless they were counting on the FBI personnel information to put on their witness list.

I don't understand how the witnesses that defense claims they have now will have to say they were in the area where Caylee was found and found nothing and they are not suspects but the one person who actually found Caylee is under suspicion by defense. If you put a body there it would make sense that you may have been checking out the area to make sure no one had found it yet but to report finding it? It just makes no sense that RK would be a suspect or that defense would even go that route.

Now could defense have put JK on their witness list and then had the prosecurtors depose her? Or did this little video that was released just backfire in defense's faces. Did they not expect the SA's office to agree to depose JK? So many questions, too little answers. JMO

I just don't understand this, Judge Strickland gave a ORDER to have the Defense turn over the Discovery FEB 1st..

What you can just ignore a Judge Now..They sound like the Antony's ...doing what they want an no one calls them on it..This is a circus and the Judge needs to slam down that gavel..:furious:

This was addressed in court the other day. The SA made it clear that it is not responsible for compelling evidence from another agency for the defense. The judge spoke to the same fact-the judge indicated that he could not compel the body farm or the FBI, but they could request a hearing with attorneys for the agencies present.

SSSSOOOO, WTH?

So no trial in June? according to the book "Mommy's Little Girl" Casey trial is set for June.

They are kidding right? :waitasec:

The defense recently blamed prosecutors for the delay, claiming it still needs more information from the FBI?????

http://www.wftv.com/news/22415041/detail.html

Ah but .... TM didn't need that info from the FBI in order to make strong statements in court that Caylee's body was dumped when KC was in jail and KC is innocent.

It seems that the Defense can make these claims, as if they are concrete and when the Judge calls them on it they cry foul with a distraction throwing onto the prosecution.

The prosecution have no authority over the FBI and yet the Defense go round and round with the whining that they don't have everything they have asked for from the FBI.

I had asked about this in another thread. I can understand the comment from the judge stating both sides should work out a new timeline for discovery and trial, but there's no getting around the fact that the judge told them they had until 2/1 to show their proof that someone else did it.

I think they got caught with their hands in the cookie jar, and are hoping no one brings it up!! One can only hope that someone on the prosecution reads this board ;)

I think they are playing games and using the recent motion hearing and the Judge's urgent requirement to get a timeline and schedule for trial as cover and countermanding the prior instruction to backup TM's claims by 2/1.

The Defense will act dumb .... they are playing for time either way and even the un-reasonable requests placed to the FBI by them (that were declined) are probably another way to delay and blame the prosecution at the same time -- even though both SA and Judge correct them each time.

Childish finger pointing and game playing to buy time.

This defense is going to fail to meet deadlines many, many more times before a trial ever takes place. JMO

Hrmph...

My DD ignored an order by a judge one time...she spent 6 months in county lockup for contempt...

I wonder if AL wants to spend time w/KC in jail?

:snooty:

When TM made that claim, he said they actually had evidence that she was dumped in the woods later. He didn't say "we're waiting for evidence that she was dumped in the woods later." What a joke.

o/t: I'm finally knocked up! woo-hoo! Hubby and I are over the moon!

When TM made that claim, he said they actually had evidence that she was dumped in the woods later. He didn't say "we're waiting for evidence that she was dumped in the woods later." What a joke.

o/t: I'm finally knocked up! woo-hoo! Hubby and I are over the moon!

OT: CONGRATS!!! It took a loonnngg time, and lots of fert treatment for our first child. I remember how exciting it was. I need to remember that feeling now, when the kids are acting like zoo animals. Enjoy this time! :dance:

Back on topic now . . .

Showing my legal ignorance here, but can they be held in contempt?

There was an article on Orlandosentinel.com today that made very little of the passed deadline. Like it was no big deal.

Trying to find the article now and can't, but I'll try a bit longer.

Okay, back for editing. I found the article, and here it is:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/category/caylee-and-casey-anthony

OMG
OMG
OMG
Zero accountability is getting OLD, OLD, OLD.
:bang:

What information can the FBI still have? Didn't the defense ask for personnel information the FBI was not willing to give them because it has no bearing on the case. I know JB mentioned latent prints but FBI said they turned everything over. Plus they can add to their list of witnesses....unless they were counting on the FBI personnel information to put on their witness list.

I don't understand how the witnesses that defense claims they have now will have to say they were in the area where Caylee was found and found nothing and they are not suspects but the one person who actually found Caylee is under suspicion by defense. If you put a body there it would make sense that you may have been checking out the area to make sure no one had found it yet but to report finding it? It just makes no sense that RK would be a suspect or that defense would even go that route.

Now could defense have put JK on their witness list and then had the prosecurtors depose her? Or did this little video that was released just backfire in defense's faces. Did they not expect the SA's office to agree to depose JK? So many questions, too little answers. JMO

As far as this subject goes, doesn't matter....is irrelevant. :furious:

Was reading a transcript of Macaluso's "speech" made that day in court and he SPECIFICALLY stated that the defense HAD substantial evidence that Caylee's body was placed AFTER KC was jailed....

He did NOT state that the defense SUSPECTED that the FBI may be holding substantial evidence that would prove....he said THE DEFENSE HAD (meaning in THEIR possession!)...

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

As far as this subject goes, doesn't matter....is irrelevant. :furious:

Was reading a transcript of Macaluso's "speech" made that day in court and he SPECIFICALLY stated that the defense HAD substantial evidence that Caylee's body was placed AFTER KC was jailed....

He did NOT state that the defense SUSPECTED that the FBI may be holding substantial evidence that would prove....he said THE DEFENSE HAD (meaning in THEIR possession!)...

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Precisely!!!

The Defense are doing their standard....

• Don't look here, look over there
  • Don't blame us, blame them
  • We can't show you ours because we want you to show us yours
  • Distraction, distraction, distraction
  • Delay, delay, delay
  • Empty claim, claim, claim
..... stuff and getting away with it.

ETA: I think JB thought that the deadline was really 2015, when the trial is more likely to proceed. Did JS say Feb. 1, 2010?

The longer the defense delays a trial they claim will clear their client-- their client who has already served her time for all the other charges against her-- the less credible they are. That's why I'm very glad the judge sentenced her to time served; it makes a mockery of their tactics. If the defense had any proof at all that could clear her and get her out of jail they would be rushing to trial.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back