Ron and family psych profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
If you would like to discuss the family dynamics and psychological profiles of Ron and his family in a constructive way, please do so here.

We are not going to do this with Crystal's family. LE has stated she and her family are not suspects in Haleigh's disappearance.

Let's not turn this into a bashing. Any posts that appear to be calling the family names or bash them are subject to a TO.

The psych profiles have been discussed throughout threads, but never had a thread of its own. A similar thread in Caylee's forum has been interesting to read.

Another note, this is a personality analysis. There are also threads in the past that are still open that refer to body language.

LE stated Ron is not suspect also.

However, Ron's own lawyer said he was, that and he's in jail on some serious drug charges. At this point it should be more than obivous that LE wants to squeeze Ron and Misty for answers............

Before I can even pretend to psychoanalyze the family dynamic, does anyone even know who Ron lived with and when [in his underage years]?

Any idea when his parents divorced?

The court dockets charging Teresa, Katrina, and Annette of phone harassment and custodial interference [which were all dropped from what I can see] have me curious as all get-out. Who's child was it?

Not to be rude, but I'm not familiar with any family anywhere like any of these families, but they may be pretty normal in real life vs. on paper.

LE stated Ron is not suspect also.

There used to only be a Misty thread like this and many wanted a Ron thread too. I held back because of the reason you just stated. Because of the arrests, I thought we could analyze Ron and family also. Let's see how it goes. If it becomes a bashing, I'll close the thread. :)

If [and that's a definite IF] Ron did whatever it was that happened to Haleigh, is the whole family going to go down with him?

It's hard to tell who has actually told LE what regarding that weekend and that night, but if Elisa, Annette, Teresa, Katrina, and his sister all helped in obscuring the truth, they'll all go to prison except for the one to cut the first deal with prosecutors.

I can't even imagine that kind of family loyalty.

Bet Thanksgiving and Christmas were pretty darned interesting down there if this is indeed the case. [And if it is, it's pretty dysfunctional IMO.]

Right now I am speechless, because I have never been around people like this. Not putting anyone down. I would have to agree with PB.
It's just all so bazaar for me to even comprehend. I do see Ron as a very angry person and someone that thinks of himself and himself only IMO. I see TN as controlling and GGMS, well I just don't know about her. I had felt sympathy for these grandmother because regardless I feel they love Haleigh very much. I just can't understand why "Everyone" has been inconsistent". It's like they have all been hiding something.

Here is what BM and PB had to say on NG the other night about Ron.

"Snip" http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1001/28/ng.01.html
GRACE: What about it, Bethany Marshall? Dr. Bethany, joining us from L.A., author of "Dealbreakers."

BETHANY MARSHALL, PSYCHOANALYST, AUTHOR OF "DEALBREAKERS": I think the problem here and what creates this dysfunction and this ongoing connection between the two of them is that Ronald Cummings lacks big picture thinking.

He left his children in the hands of someone who is dealing drugs and perhaps using them herself. That`s lack of big picture thinking. He thinks that if he commits vigilante justice, justice will be served. But then who`s going to parent little Junior? He won`t be available to his own child.

He went and dealt drugs, but he didn`t think that he would be caught. That`s lack of big picture thinking. And what I would really advise him at this point is that he find a trusted friend or adviser, perhaps even his attorney who can help him think through these various situations.

I think that is the only help to be had for this family system at this point and perhaps he can lead the charge towards greater sobriety and better judgment.

PAT BROWN, CRIMINAL PROFILER
, AUTHOR OF "KILLING FOR SPORT": Absolutely. And I think Ronald is pulling her strings. I have to agree with the caller and disagree with Bethany Marshall.

I think Ronald is criminal, pathologically lying psychopath who is controlling his girlfriend. After all, this is a guy who said he would go out and kill people to get them back for doing something to his child but he won`t even beat up his girlfriend to find out why she`s lying about what happened to her.

He is controlling her and is probably very afraid of what she`s going to say in that jail cell. So I don`t think he`s thinking she`s going to crack. He`s going to get some information. I think he`s worried that she will crack.

I'm not sure if I agree that Ron is a psychopath-@ least not fully blown. I do think he's an extremely immature & emotionally stunted man. I think Teresa is cold except in the most superficial way, & I think Ron has basically been begging for her love & attention all of his life. I think he learned early in life that trouble got her her attention, so he got in lots of trouble-because negative attention is better than no attention. I think Ron is a very insecure man, so he camouflages this by trying to control his girlfriends into submission-to keep them from leaving. He has been surrounded by women all of his life, so he doesn't seem comfortable without their heavy presence. I think he's crazy about Misty & has put their relationship 1st., since he met her. He's the one who asked her back after her wild weekend. I see a lot of jealousy & a competetiveness for her affection. He supposedly went looking for WBG & after she had the road rage experience with Donna Brock, he HAD to one-up Donna, as if saying, 'Anything she can do I can do better'. Him paying for his name to be tattooed on Misty's back says a lot. A tattoo is more permanent than any signed paper or wedding ring, AND, if any other man got with Misty? he'd read Ron's name & know who she belonged to. I think Ron & Misty feed off of each other & their adrenaline rushes. I don't think Teresa has ever particularly cared for Misty. Her attitude seems to be that she's lucky to be with someone like Ron, & that she's lucky he took her back, so she needs to earn her keep. O.k., these are all just my opinions.

IMO Ron doesn't know how to love, it is all about control...not love. I agree with how Pat Brown read him on Levi's show & that he has no concern for even his son. He is a real piece of work and I am glad he is off the streets; Putnam is a safer place now.

Annette Sykes is hard for me to read, but here goes...I think she's as tough as nails & not someone's bad side you'd want to get on. Family, (especially, Ron), seems to be pretty much her only focus, & she'd do anything to protect them. Revenge against someone who wronged a family member, would probably come very naturally to her. She strikes me as the type who would backhand a smart-mouthed kid, but one who would also give some wayward kid a place to sleep. I think she's such a strong family presence, that when she dies, the family will splinter. I think she's a realist & very grounded & has probably been very aware of what Ron is up against.

I mentioned somewhere that I felt RC and his mom are enmeshed which just means that the relationships are overly close and they discourage emotional growth and maturity in the children. The family members or individuals in a relationship do not have healthy boundaries. For some reason it is usually the mother. I guess Dads don't make as strong a connection as moms, for the most part.

I'm not a psych, just a former counselor, and I have seen this in a lot of families. At one point Ron said he didn't have friends, or something like that. That goes along with it. Any close relationships will be within the family and you don't trust anyone else.

Just my opinion.

I'm another who wouldn't be sure about Ron being a full blown psychopath, but he could be a less intelligent sociopath. The drug arrests before, drug arrest now, breaking the law by going with young teen girls, threatening people, and running around with guns sure mean something. I think he'd keep quiet about drug or gun dealings even if it meant tips that might lead to what happened to Haleigh. His mom seems to either be a big liar or not all there judging by her comments on national tv. His grandma, I don't know. IMO grandmas don't really count. They're usually just there to be taken advantage of and used by moving in with them, borrowing money, and someone to pawn kids off on.

I have nothing but gut instinct to go on for this, but Ron always struck me as desperate for his mother's love/approval and attention. [His sister, too. FWIW]

I sure hope not - that would be so crippling for a child regardless of age and would color their view of relationships for the rest of their lives. I realize some people do just fine in this situation, but many don't. [And I could be 100% wrong.]

That tattoo... that did it for me.

I'm not sure if I agree that Ron is a psychopath-@ least not fully blown. I do think he's an extremely immature & emotionally stunted man. I think Teresa is cold except in the most superficial way, & I think Ron has basically been begging for her love & attention all of his life. I think he learned early in life that trouble got her her attention, so he got in lots of trouble-because negative attention is better than no attention. I think Ron is a very insecure man, so he camouflages this by trying to control his girlfriends into submission-to keep them from leaving. He has been surrounded by women all of his life, so he doesn't seem comfortable without their heavy presence. I think he's crazy about Misty & has put their relationship 1st., since he met her. He's the one who asked her back after her wild weekend. I see a lot of jealousy & a competetiveness for her affection. He supposedly went looking for WBG & after she had the road rage experience with Donna Brock, he HAD to one-up Donna, as if saying, 'Anything she can do I can do better'. Him paying for his name to be tattooed on Misty's back says a lot. A tattoo is more permanent than any signed paper or wedding ring, AND, if any other man got with Misty? he'd read Ron's name & know who she belonged to. I think Ron & Misty feed off of each other & their adrenaline rushes. I don't think Teresa has ever particularly cared for Misty. Her attitude seems to be that she's lucky to be with someone like Ron, & that she's lucky he took her back, so she needs to earn her keep. O.k., these are all just my opinions.

I'm no expert but this, IMO, describes Ronald with uncanny accuracy;
"Psychopathy is a socially devastating disorder defined by a constellation of affective, interpersonal, and behavioral characteristics including egocentricity, impulsivity, irresponsibility, shallow emotions, lack of empathy, guilt, or remorse, pathological lying, manipulativeness, and the persistent violation of social norms and expectations."

http://psychservices.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/content/full/51/3/394

I'm another who wouldn't be sure about Ron being a full blown psychopath, but he could be a less intelligent sociopath. The drug arrests before, drug arrest now, breaking the law by going with young teen girls, threatening people, and running around with guns sure mean something. I think he'd keep quiet about drug or gun dealings even if it meant tips that might lead to what happened to Haleigh. His mom seems to either be a big liar or not all there judging by her comments on national tv. His grandma, I don't know. IMO grandmas don't really count. They're usually just there to be taken advantage of and used by moving in with them, borrowing money, and someone to pawn kids off on.

Your post was very interesting. I tend to think of psychopath is a psychopath, I am not sure if intelligence plays a factor at all?

I think in this case g'ma is very important as she is NO ordinary grandma (rumor... she made Ron kick Misty a$$ to the curb so to speak...Ron did the rest), that we normally think of (I am scared of that woman, but I would take Ron on any day over her). I bet TN has many issues with her...funny I can't ever remember her adding her in giving sentiments about Haleigh. She didn't say "I sent my Mom over" or "My Mom & I just want Haley back", "We are all worried sick".

Someone might want to research what psychologists might say about RC having a tat of his mom's name. Usually guys write "Mom". I wonder why he had her name done instead?

I'm no expert but this, IMO, describes Ronald with uncanny accuracy;
"Psychopathy is a socially devastating disorder defined by a constellation of affective, interpersonal, and behavioral characteristics including egocentricity, impulsivity, irresponsibility, shallow emotions, lack of empathy, guilt, or remorse, pathological lying, manipulativeness, and the persistent violation of social norms and expectations."

http://psychservices.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/content/full/51/3/394
Thank you for the link. I read that article & found it very interesting. & yes, like you I see the uncanny similarities. But where I, personally, have a problem calling Ron a psychopath is #1, I THINK Ron is responsible but I don't know that for sure, & #2, if he is responsible, I don't know what kind of, (if any), remorse he feels. Also, if he's not directly responsible, but helped cover it up, I think he would most definantly be a psychopath. I can try to understand a drug rage & the fall out, but there is no way I can understand a cold, calculating, planned cover-up for someone else

I mentioned somewhere that I felt RC and his mom are enmeshed which just means that the relationships are overly close and they discourage emotional growth and maturity in the children. The family members or individuals in a relationship do not have healthy boundaries. For some reason it is usually the mother. I guess Dads don't make as strong a connection as moms, for the most part.

I'm not a psych, just a former counselor, and I have seen this in a lot of families. At one point Ron said he didn't have friends, or something like that. That goes along with it. Any close relationships will be within the family and you don't trust anyone else.

Just my opinion.

I wonder just how close Ronald and TN really are? When I mean by that is,..if they are that close, have they always been or just in later years. I'm still very curious as to who raised him for the most part. Have both TN and GGMS always indulged him? (cuz somebody sure has imo) or did TN come and go early on in his life and then out of guilt try to make up for it later by overindulgence or making excuses for his behavior and not holding accountable for his actions? I also would like to know more about his father and any relationship he ever had with him as well.

IDK, just total speculation on my part..and nothing that would make a difference to HaLeigh now sadly. :( There's just more to the history of RC than we'll probably ever know and none of it could possibly be an 'excuse' for what I believe he has done, I am curious nevertheless. I guess I'm trying to figure out where all the ANGER, self-importance, and entitlement issues come from, ya know?

That look in Ronald Cummings eyes is very skeery imo :eek:....I just don't see anything "REAL" there....

Someone might want to research what psychologists might say about RC having a tat of his mom's name. Usually guys write "Mom". I wonder why he had her name done instead?
Oh Lordy, now that would be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unimog