936 users online (183 members and 753 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

CA - Dr. Conrad Murray charged in the death of Michael Jackson

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Musi...son/index.html

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Michael Jackson's personal physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, administered a powerful drug that authorities believe killed the singer, a source close to the Jackson family and with knowledge of the investigation confirmed to CNN on Monday.

(snipped)

Dr Murray IS charged with involuntary manslaughter *UPDATE* MOVED

The L.A. County District Attorney's Office has told Dr. Conrad Murray's lawyers they will call just before Dr. Murray is charged with the death of Michael Jackson and a surrender will take place almost immediately thereafter ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/03/dr-conrad-murray-michael-jackson-involuntary-mansalughter-charge-d-a-call-surrender/#ixzz0eUapTqb8
    Last edited by JBean; 02-08-2010 at 04:34 PM. Reason: update title

Dr Murray IS charged with involuntary manslaughter *UPDATE*

The L.A. County District Attorney's Office has told Dr. Conrad Murray's lawyers they will call just before Dr. Murray is charged with the death of Michael Jackson and a surrender will take place almost immediately thereafter ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/03/dr-conrad-murray-michael-jackson-involuntary-mansalughter-charge-d-a-call-surrender/#ixzz0eUapTqb8

http://ontheredcarpet.typepad.com/on...ad-murray.html

Updated at 2:43 P.M.: OnTheRedCarpet.com has confirmed that Michael Jackson's personal physician Dr. Conrad Murray will appear in a Los Angeles Superior Courtroom at 1:30 P.M. on Friday.

A law enforcement source says prosecutors plan to charge Dr. Murray with involuntary manslaughter. Murray's attorneys say if that happens their client is ready to turn himself in.

Murray came to Los Angeles, California, last weekend and spent Tuesday afternoon meeting with his newly assembled team of three lawyers.

Meanwhile the Jackson family believes that involuntary manslaughter charges against the pop singer's physician would be "just a slap on the wrist."

Jackson hired Murray to be his personal physician as he prepared for a strenuous series of comeback performances in London. Murray gave Jackson propofol and sedatives, but says nothing he gave the singer should have killed him.

The King of Pop died at his Encino, California home on June 25, 2009.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

http://ontheredcarpet.typepad.com/on...ad-murray.html

Updated at 2:43 P.M.: OnTheRedCarpet.com has confirmed that Michael Jackson's personal physician Dr. Conrad Murray will appear in a Los Angeles Superior Courtroom at 1:30 P.M. on Friday.

A law enforcement source says prosecutors plan to charge Dr. Murray with involuntary manslaughter. Murray's attorneys say if that happens their client is ready to turn himself in.

Murray came to Los Angeles, California, last weekend and spent Tuesday afternoon meeting with his newly assembled team of three lawyers.

Meanwhile the Jackson family believes that involuntary manslaughter charges against the pop singer's physician would be "just a slap on the wrist."

Jackson hired Murray to be his personal physician as he prepared for a strenuous series of comeback performances in London. Murray gave Jackson propofol and sedatives, but says nothing he gave the singer should have killed him.

"Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

From the article linked above (with thanks):

No, MJ was not at the family home in Encino at the time of his death. Too bad that the rest of the article is more than likely factual.

I look back on Michael's life, how an overly aggressive prosecutor in S.B. County went after him with a vengeance indeed; and yet the L.A. DA may let this so-called doctor get away with murder, literally.

What sort of message does this send?

Imagine if the victim/patient had been your own Mother.

Doctors should be held to a far higher standard; in fact, they usually are!

It makes no difference whether MJ wanted or insisted upon the drugs.

I'm 100% behind the Jackson Family on their take.

2nd degree Murder, at the very least!

jmo

No, MJ was not at the family home in Encino at the time of his death. Too bad that the rest of the article is more than likely factual.

I look back on Michael's life, how an overly aggressive prosecutor in S.B. County went after him with a vengeance indeed; and yet the L.A. DA may let this so-called doctor get away with murder, literally.

jmo

Didnt MJ Die of propofol poisoning??? I guess the DR's defense is going to be that he did not administer all of it?? That MJ administered it to himself???

the COD was homicide by acute propofol poisoning....hmmm
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Didnt MJ Die of propofol poisoning??? I guess the DR's defense is going to be that he did not administer all of it?? That MJ administered it to himself???

the COD was homicide by acute propofol poisoning....hmmm
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by shana View Post

jmo
    The death doesnt meet the requirements for a charge of 2nd degree murder though.

Quote Originally Posted by shana View Post

jmo
    The death doesnt meet the requirements for a charge of 2nd degree murder though.

Quote Originally Posted by Natal View Post
    Thank you...but I believe even some of the THs would disagree with you. Your reasoning is...?

Quote Originally Posted by Natal View Post
    Thank you...but I believe even some of the THs would disagree with you. Your reasoning is...?

Because 2nd degree murder involves killing someone during the course of commiting a felony, and he didn't do that since as a physician he has the right to administer medication. There was no intent to harm the victim, so it isn't murder.

Because 2nd degree murder involves killing someone during the course of commiting a felony, and he didn't do that since as a physician he has the right to administer medication. There was no intent to harm the victim, so it isn't murder.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast